SRM gonna be launch dis Sunday

BlackSamurai said:
today sunday, 21 May, 2006. morning,

still no news about SRM at Proton official website nor major online newspaper.
another hoax i guess.
It looks like they have taken a different approach. Whatever reasons they may have actually, it could be a good or bad one.

i know two people who work for proton.

one claims that the SRM's lanuch has been shifted to a later date. And the other just told me, it has been shifted to next month. Word from one of them is, Proton will still retain it's model name; Satria.

Few things are certain though, it will be available in 5 different colours. 3 variants; baseline, M-line and H-line. 1.3 and 1.6 versions will be available, Campro engines.

The SRM will be equipped with projector headlights.

Now, i wonder if the SRM would be making a debut in the upcoming KLIMS 2006.

i dunno if this is true or not but proton officials postponed the launch becos paklah is not around..they'll announce the launch date later..

Doink said:
ermmm
srm???not interested...i rather play with oldschool
Why bother post in a supposedly informative thread then?

TermiziYeoh said:
Single or Double OHC ?
Should be DOHC for the 1.6. Not sure with the 1.3 tho, i'm not very familiar with Campro engines.

...proton always given us disappointment and "surprise"...BAD and Cheap quality 2. Cheap as kangkung.

i think this SRM will be another member group of Juara, Tiara, Jumback and Savvy.

How much SRM going to sell?? RM4xK? if 40-45k i rather buy Myvi or play oldscho.

Nismofun said:
...proton always given us disappointment and "surprise"...BAD and Cheap quality 2. Cheap as kangkung.

i think this SRM will be another member group of Juara, Tiara, Jumback and Savvy.

How much SRM going to sell?? RM4xK? if 40-45k i rather buy Myvi or play oldscho.
Normal ma, Proton ma. That's why we Proton owners get enthusiatic enough to actually mod it.

According to the sales agent, prices start at rm4xk. Bare in mind there's the 1.3 and 1.6. So that means the cheapest which would be 1.3, would start at rm4xk and the 1.6 may nudge 50k?

Fluffy said:
campro?its gonna be a campro engine?
That's right according to the sales agents.
1.3 = 94BHP
1.6 = 110BHP

HKS-GT2835R said:
@ the flywheel?

malaysians loves big bhp numbers eh?
how about torque?
BHP = Brake horsepower, so the that's the amount of power the engine is producing, not on the wheel (WHP). I'm not familiar with power on flywheel.

I have no idea about the torque. But for more info, try google up on the performance of the Campro engines or maybe it's available on the Proton site itself.

They claim the SRM would be using those engines found in the gen 2. If i'm not mistaken, the Gen 2 Campro engines do not come with cam profiling technology. I'm not sure with their new batches though. But i am certain the new Waja Campro does come with cam profiling.

I belive it was deliberately delayed to fix many of the problems persisting with suppliers? Maybe the new group CEO wanna change suppliers of certain parts of it (i.e. cheapo plastics) and hopefully, some the same power window supplier to Peroduas? dunno why but Perodua power windows (actually not only that) kinda last damn long.

I do really hope Proton would do something, they still have whatever strength needed to boost them back, just have to make do with some of their ego, add some passion into making their cars. Hopefully the SRM will be made available with pricings ranging from mid 40k to 50k. If the base model is more expensive than Myvi top of the range... then it'lll be kinda hard i guess.

But i see a market whereby if nicely packaged, the base 1.3 SRM can make an impression of affordable, nicely specced, macho side of the range, hence making a perceived image of Myvi as "Feminine" then buyers will be shifted nicely.

Please Proton, no more gimmicks such as

1.6 you get cup holder, 1.3 you dont
1.6 you get integrated mirror in sun visors, 1.3 you dont
1.6 you get additional storage, 1.3 you dont
and so on.....

They should really make both cars exactly the same, other than getting bigger rims, maybe twin exhausts and projector headlamps for 1.6

:)

FuGZ said:
It looks like they have taken a different approach. Whatever reasons they may have actually, it could be a good or bad one.

i know two people who work for proton.

one claims that the SRM's lanuch has been shifted to a later date. And the other just told me, it has been shifted to next month. Word from one of them is, Proton will still retain it's model name; Satria.

Few things are certain though, it will be available in 5 different colours. 3 variants; baseline, M-line and H-line. 1.3 and 1.6 versions will be available, Campro engines.

The SRM will be equipped with projector headlights.

Now, i wonder if the SRM would be making a debut in the upcoming KLIMS 2006.

:) very strong info there...wonder who is the guy from proton...:D:)

look what i found...

Click Here

seriously... that car look like savvy... so we should call proton kangkung... hahaha

Satria + Savvy + Gen2 + eg/ek + 5 series look = SRM
Savvy = TRM

SRM -
protonsatria0065va.jpg

TRM -
protontiara0040rq.jpg

Last edited:
juniorkirk said:
look what i found...

Click Here

seriously... that car look like savvy... so we should call proton kangkung... hahaha
Isn't that the Savvy anyways? Or, they look alike? :shocked:

FuGZ said:
Isn't that the Savvy anyways? Or, they look alike? :shocked:

or maybe i'm wrong... savvy is TRM... then the new model is SRM... hahaha ... look like 3 door and 5 door...

updates updates

srm31mc.jpg

SRM spotted in KESAS HIGHWAY? or should we say... proton kangkung?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom