squeeking sound of satria

tequilaShots

Jun 8, 2004
apparently, the squeeking sound is rather annoying and this is really got down to my nerves...i changed the absorber yet this squeeking sound still exists.. how la to fix this problem? i'm totally sure other satria drivers face the same dillema

alexnek

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
i dunno how does ur squeking sounds like but mine came from the absorber, and my mechanic said tat the absorber's cap is lose n cannot be fix! i dunno true onot tat's y im looking for other mechanic if there's a chance..

evan2000

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
u means like those gas leaking sound ah?? change the absorber cap then.
My case also, plus my boot ah....keep on got those metal knocking sound when run over uneven road..... :angry:

mircielago

Jul 1, 2004
shah alam
my wira facing this problem too.
once i change the absorber, the sounds gone.
but if my car is seated 4 or more person the sounds still alive.

i changed the multilink bar too, so called [dogbone]-in cantonese.it doesnt help too.

tequilaShots

Jun 8, 2004
thanx for all the tips..i'll look down onto it...in case i got sum updates, i'll let y'all know lah. i know proton is the car as u expected but wattodo kan..the thing that;ll hurt u most is the one u;ll ..cewah..ahaha.. :P

synail

Known Member
May 13, 2004
Visit site
Squeaking® By Proton
;)

Malaysia Boleh! :lol:

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
hahah

wah the squeks can be many things guys!
this is my experience with hatchback type of cars, including my Kancil..

-boot assembly. inside, the frame has some 'legs' bent to hold the outer panel. These are secured the panel by means of adhesives. When loose, it squeeks!
open panels, and use hotglue gun / bend the 'leg' away from panel (it's not glued down anyways)

-boot lock/latch mechanism
this you've gotta ask them mudguard shops to adjust for you.

-boot gas shock bracket.
you'll be suprised that this little skinny rod holds up your boot. Your boot usually weights 20-35kg!! this is because of the glass!
The bracket sometimes (mounting point also) tear, and this also produces the squeekings. My friend's Aeroback requires a new reinforcement plate + re-welding of the bracket, and the squeek went away!

good luck in finding your 'mouse'!

it's my turn to find mine, again.. *sigh..*

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
at times culd be the rear seat ..the rear set screws attach to the body..i think mine was the sound of the rear seat..wenever i go bumper roads, confirm got dat squeeking sound..unless u buy those merc or more expensive cars..proton is local cars so sure here and there loosen one..
no hard feelings cus me myself oso driving a squeeking sound car

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
my car squeks so bad.... dunno what to do oleady.. need time to check one by one.. :angry: .. aiyah.. time is the problem..

gibod_78

1,500 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Visit site
kenot lah like that.. very sayang the car one.. :D ... maybe upgrade ice.. put LARGE speakers and then the squeking becomes part of music oleady... :D :P