sifus come HELP me plz!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
TOLONG TOLONG!!!

-2 weeks back the car started misfiring lightly... very subtle jerking... on and off
-after a few days things got worse... the misfiring would happen even on idle and when throttling. the rpm would fluctuate erratically +-1000rpm! the subtle misfiring still do happen
-i decided its time to change my 1 year old denso iridiums and prayed for the best but it still misfires. now on cruising, the rpm will fluctuate about 300rpm...

http://ccl.ultraunix.net/volvo/rpm.avi
here is a video i took this morning right after starting the car. at the beginning you can see the rpm jumping up and down and later on during cruising u can see the rpm jumping from 2500 to 2200 to and fro...

could it be the crane hi-6 ignition module, msd blaster, magnacor cables or can it be wrong timing setting in the piggyback. weirdest thing is it doesn't always happen... making it even harder to diagnose.

wat can be the problems? turbo mau mati?! :ph34r: :(

eddie

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
dun worry....send to doctor toby and thomas.......ask them to check 4 u...

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ignition problems maybe....turbo piping oso maybe....can u high rev and achieve full boost...i can piping is ok....if cannot piping to check n oso the ignition cables,plugs or even airflow sensor tercabut...

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
1. check if settings on piggy back have been altered (maybe u reset the battery ?)
2. air leaks from pipings
3. mismatched MSD coil / wiring

antonio

Old Member
Jul 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
so how???aledi checked the problem???maybe piggy oso can be the problem wan....

SDF,
if cabut battery piggy or standalone will hilang settings ahh???then how if battery died...have to tune all over again???

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
maybe...maybe not...itz juz like our PC...if sudden power cut..some data may be corrupted / lost...

lix

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
This problem happned to me last week ago. I change everything from plugs, plug wire, Distributor cover, dinose the engine for faulty sensor, etc. At the end same shit happned.
Then I change the distributor and wola... problem slove....
Hope this will help

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by CcL@Feb 23 2005, 20:23
TOLONG TOLONG!!!

-2 weeks back the car started misfiring lightly... very subtle jerking... on and off
-after a few days things got worse... the misfiring would happen even on idle and when throttling. the rpm would fluctuate erratically +-1000rpm! the subtle misfiring still do happen
-i decided its time to change my 1 year old denso iridiums and prayed for the best but it still misfires. now on cruising, the rpm will fluctuate about 300rpm...

http://ccl.ultraunix.net/volvo/rpm.avi
here is a video i took this morning right after starting the car. at the beginning you can see the rpm jumping up and down and later on during cruising u can see the rpm jumping from 2500 to 2200 to and fro...

could it be the crane hi-6 ignition module, msd blaster, magnacor cables or can it be wrong timing setting in the piggyback. weirdest thing is it doesn't always happen... making it even harder to diagnose.

wat can be the problems? turbo mau mati?! :ph34r: :(
Hehehe... check your spark plugs cables. Happened to me once before too. The cables were 3-4 years old and there was leakage so causing my misfirings.

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
new cables... few mths old.. farkin expensive too....
i did change back to the old cables (few mths old also) and it still happens.

distributor? yeah suspecting the magnetic sensor/coil in the distributor giving problem. cost rm350 new... *sigh* too expensive to buy and trial and error!

however i plugged a leak in the vacum hose and its not as bad now. but it still jerks la... not as bad but it still does.

sdf daikor
nope ain't the unichip. vis's ppl is down this weekend. on friday they open the maps and are still intact... but neva tune properly yet... thats another story i do not want to post here until i'm very sure they do not want to give customer service then i'll post. fuckin pissed till now. hand still hurts since whackin the road sign yesterday <_<

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
we know u strong...but why la go and hurt the poor signboard.. ? :(

:P

hey dude...chill la...part n parcel of playin cars is to be able to accept the frustration when something supposed to go right..doesn't ! B)
i've been there...done that...and seen it all...so trust me..i've been through WORSE...

but i do not understand the fact that u've made a few long trips to JB and still ur car is not properly tuned...dangerous man...since $ paid...shud be done by now...

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
yeah thats the point i said
i paid money so u dun need to gif 2 fucks about me. got new customer do theirs first.

i don't mind it wasn't tune properly the last time coz the engine wiring burnt and he cudn't do it.
this time he came down he did my car a lil bit then he say he kenot find tdc need the mech to mark it down. mana tau reverse my car out of the dyno when i went out a while. and the car neva went back on the dyno. the way i see it i know its not gonna get done that day.

so i got really pissed coz i was the 1st car there since 10+am. he arrived like 1++ i went home at 7pm and nothin was done. hurrah! of coz i dun blame my mech but i did show face. not shouting but just show displeasure of the vis guy.

sometimes this makes me regret. unichip 1 tuner in malaysia. u're at their knifepoint whether u like it or not. lucky mech called me an hour ago say he'll get my car tmr and get it tuned properly. was already thinkin i'll try to tune it myself if not i'll just sell it off and get something more ppl can tune. i don't even bother already. friday fuck them then left.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
sorry to hear about ur experience, hope u get it fixed this sunday la :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
CCL.

U have a SERIOUS MAJOR PROBLEM.

I'm not refering to your car, but its the person who u deal with.

THink about it, you're paying good money to get your ride hooked up. (you've probably spent ten grand but the returns is making u wonder is it worth it)?

But all these guys are doing is taking you on as second fiddle.

I seriously think u have to ask for a second opinion on the condition of your problem.

Its like playing CS online. If your team mates suck and you're losing matches like no tomorrow, why stick around anymore? Spawn over to the other side.

We all want to have a good time, not a headache.

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
joeker is rite...

not the hardware prob...itz individual prob...

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
could it be faulty vacumm hoses giving funny signals to sensors???

and yes... check this link out... its about engine diagnos on misfires...hope it could help...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any one heard of full throttle development(ftd) before?
its at usj area, near goodyear court there

seems like they are proton modding specilalist, and they had tuned many proton cars before
i am thinking to have some mod done there, but before that i would like to have some advice for it
anyone had heard of them before?
hows their workmanship?
are they reliable?
any info about them?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience