self poison

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
Well my setup was simple;
Anti roll bar front(16mm) and rear(19mm)
Front top 2 point strut
Rear boot 2 point strut
Stiff rings(front)
GAB Type SS

Now only thinking for Fender bar..
Wow.. you really spend a lot on your perdana..:adore:
Even the stock front anti roll bar, you also change..

Since your front is smaller compare to your rear, your car is already over steer. How is it like in terms of experience and handling

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hmm rather odd as you use thicker ARB at the rear.
can't Really remember Actually Wat size for the front But rear sure is 19mm as the difference between stock and ultra racing is vy big... But the front size seems almost same... :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Wow.. you really spend a lot on your perdana..:adore:
Even the stock front anti roll bar, you also change..

Since your front is smaller compare to your rear, your car is already over steer. How is it like in terms of experience and handling
PAISEH... Size should be 20mm just checked... Haha... :rolleyes:
feel? Still not as stable as my swift... Lol :hmmmm:

Last edited:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
can't Really remember Actually Wat size for the front But rear sure is 19mm as the difference between stock and ultra racing is vy big... But the front size seems almost same... :confused:

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

So bad?
despite stiffring, adjustable etc.. still don't improve..

Something is very wrong... Maybe your expectations too high lah..
So far, I think your perdana is the most aggressive that I seen.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur

Not stable in what sense - chassis rigidity, road holding, ease of cornering?
It is not hard to understand why: Swift is 18% lighter (at least 200kg), 16% shorter and with 20cm shorter wheelbase than Perdana. The amount of chassis flex in Perdana is simply enormous considering its length and weight. To see what I mean, you only need to jack up one side of the wheels and you won't be able to close your door. LoL

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Not stable in what sense - chassis rigidity, road holding, ease of cornering?
It is not hard to understand why: Swift is 18% lighter (at least 200kg), 16% shorter and with 20cm shorter wheelbase than Perdana. The amount of chassis flex in Perdana is simply enormous considering its length and weight. To see what I mean, you only need to jack up one side of the wheels and you won't be able to close your door. LoL
The cornering stability.. because like what you just mentioned.. perdana is longer and the amount of chassis flex is bigger than hatch back.. but if a ride you make till too stiff also not too nice as it'll jump out of track when you high speed corner and the road is not as smooth as those in the track.. but anyway this is my personal preference, dun get offended as i still loves my perdana in some ways..
Another thing is the bonnet is damn heavy, it just nose dive when going into corners and making fish tail effects when coming out sometimes..
*Like what Kurt says, maybe my expectations too high.. :burnout:

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

So bad?
despite stiffring, adjustable etc.. still don't improve..

Something is very wrong... Maybe your expectations too high lah..
So far, I think your perdana is the most aggressive that I seen.
Mine's just small fry compare to all those PPC taikor's car... :adore::adore::adore:

Last edited:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
The cornering stability.. because like what you just mentioned.. perdana is longer and the amount of chassis flex is bigger than hatch back.. but if a ride you make till too stiff also not too nice as it'll jump out of track when you high speed corner and the road is not as smooth as those in the track.. but anyway this is my personal preference, dun get offended as i still loves my perdana in some ways..
Another thing is the bonnet is damn heavy, it just nose dive when going into corners and making fish tail effects when coming out sometimes..
*Like what Kurt says, maybe my expectations too high.. :burnout:

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Mine's just small fry compare to all those PPC taikor's car... :adore::adore::adore:
No worry bro, I am definitely not an easily-get-offended person. Mine as V6 NA is a highway speedstar but a cornering potato, and the auto gear and its ratio are frustrating to drive.
But, I'm just wondering, yours is a manual Evo III engine right? If that is the case it should be lighter and not as front heavy as V6. Properly tuned suspension, strengthened chassis and weight distribution correction should be able to tackle corners with ease.

Ah, have you known or heard of any roll center adjuster (RCA) for Perdana?

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
No worry bro, I am definitely not an easily-get-offended person. Mine as V6 NA is a highway speedstar but a cornering potato, and the auto gear and its ratio are frustrating to drive.
But, I'm just wondering, yours is a manual Evo III engine right? If that is the case it should be lighter and not as front heavy as V6. Properly tuned suspension, strengthened chassis and weight distribution correction should be able to tackle corners with ease.

Ah, have you known or heard of any roll center adjuster (RCA) for Perdana?
Oh bro mine is RVR auto.. same as bro neuro de.. well the RCA i do heard of this item for swift.. but not perdana.. does the market have this?? I read the reviews it's good on Swift after they installed.. the handling seems to be better.. it's good for lowered cars.. :rolleyes:

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
any reviews for HWL heavy duty absorber & APM performax absorber?

HWL is at RM700 while performax is at RM500.

looking at comfort (if not greedy, a little handling too)

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
sapura pro ride not your candidate? 6a12tt'd perdana have heavy front. when i swap the oem suspension with another buddy, on his car got 1 fist gap. on mine only 2 fingers lol. but good is it doesnt scrap on the fender or when going over bump. very nice. get those with shorter body but maintain stock spring, so its lowerd abit wihtout too much. else your driveshaft , lower arm and related will start to complain.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
My mechanic recommend me performax, special edition type, whereby got air and oil.
Along with performax sport spring, then change the parts in the suspension system.
I think he's also say using the front absorber for rear.

Oh, my perdana got anti roll bar already, black in color.
Mechanic say like to be stock type.

I'm ordering front strut bar. Give it a test..

Thanks for your valuable inputs

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
may i ask the following,

anyone did Cold Air Intake to their perdana?

I'm using a K&N drop in.. i know the stock intake for perdana, 6A12 is downward, thinking of adding CAI to it.

can share? thanks

nameejokerx

Aug 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
may i ask the following,

I'm using a K&N drop in.. i know the stock intake for perdana, 6A12 is downward, thinking of adding CAI to it.

can share? thanks
If u wan to use cai, u need to customised ur airflow to the cai first like some custom cai for vios, city, etc.
If not, it wil become hai only (hot air intake).
Due to the battery and engine, our perdana engine bay become a bit cram.
Like otai neuro, he put the batt at the back and use the space for his cai.

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
If u wan to use cai, u need to customised ur airflow to the cai first like some custom cai for vios, city, etc.
If not, it wil become hai only (hot air intake).
Due to the battery and engine, our perdana engine bay become a bit cram.
Like otai neuro, he put the batt at the back and use the space for his cai.
wow.. customized..

sound so tedious.. guess for this, probably got to engage professional..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
actually i dont have CAI.
i just put the air filter (open pod) at the battery space, like most ppl using 4G turbo engines, and moved the battery to the boot.
CAi is like u put a hose from the bumper (outside) and point it to ur air filter.
there are pro and cons.
see this:
Cold Air Intakes Mythbusted - YouTube

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
may i ask the following,

can share? thanks
i wanted to DIY a CAI for my TT, but ended up cannot find any clear route, so i got fed up & re-routed the CAI to the back of my intercooler & my radiator

kurt_629

500 RPM
May 2, 2013
johor
i wanted to DIY a CAI for my TT, but ended up cannot find any clear route, so i got fed up & re-routed the CAI to the back of my intercooler & my radiator
yeah... i don't understand why the design of proton, allows the air intake to be downwards and relatively.. clamp..

but i read many do CAI for their intercooler or turbo.. feeding cold air..:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

poison!

pardon my ignorance.. first time seeing carbon fibre bonnet for our perdana..
3 design somemore..

1) Bonet Depan Original Carbon Fiber PERDANA EVO3 - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my
2) Bonet Depan Original Carbon Fiber PERDANA VENTED - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my (i like this, simple and nice)
3) Bonet Depan Original Carbon Fiber untuk PERDANA - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

something unique.. may consider since my bonnet has a crack..
buying a new one with paint, cost me around RM800-1k.. add a few hundred more.. get carbon fibre.. but very sporty..

digital aircon,

Aircond digital Eterna complete utk Perdana - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Johore - Mudah.my

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
yeah... i don't understand why the design of proton, allows the air intake to be downwards and relatively.. clamp..

but i read many do CAI for their intercooler or turbo.. feeding cold air..:rolleyes:
i think the design of stock perdana airflow is to the side and then just under the headlamp.
i think their engineer designed it to get the best airflow from stock bumper design.

many turbo cars just put their IC infront, so no need CAI. the mod they usually do is water-spray the IC.
for turbo, i have not seen ppl put CAI to it yet coz usually the turbo is right behind the radiator where the radiator fan and aircond fan is blowing.
for turbos located at the back (like EvoX), it has the NACA duct on the stock bonnet.

hmm, i think i'm gonna design NACA duct for my air filter :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Reeling from a poor start at the opening leg of the 2011 Formula One season in Australia a fortnight ago, the Petronas Mercedes GP team is understandably optimistic and hopeful for a strong showing at the 2011 Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand prix this weekend to get their championship contending going.

The team is understandably looking forward to the race at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) as they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience