Secure your beloved EVO

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
Guys,

I believe we need to share some alarm stuff anyways.....dis is NOT to openly declare wat we have...since this is a public forum which could compromise our own ride security.....however i do believe perhaps some members might have some enquiries....feel free to share n discuss :)

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Standard noise-making alarm are quite useless. One thing for sure, people just don't care unlike overseas.

The best would be a combination of two-way alarm + immobilisers from either Captor or ProICE. Both also have GSM module for controlling the car via mobile phone.

Steering or gear locks are useless these days.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Though I agree that steering locks and pedal locks doesn't deter big time thief, they are definately a deterrant for a thief looking for an 'easy prey'...

"What the eyes see, the mind believes !"

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Personally and from experience, I felt that bonnet lock is one of the most important element in a complete car alarm/security setup.

Without access to bonnet, a thief

- can't disable the siren.
- can't reach for the batteries ( to disable the alarm/siren)
- can't reach for your backup siren (if there is one hidden in there)
- and of course, can't access your valuable investment and mods under the hoods !!

stopid9

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
kl/pj
mine.. clifford with password..gsm via h/p..back up siren and batery..and extra siren... wat i scared most.. pecah cermin..

any mloc's member install the llummar(how to spell ar) tinting before ??
they said only will crack and won't breaK one woh !!
can someone comfirm this ??

Last edited:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
LLumar scared Motorcyclist helmelt .....!!!!!!!

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
hahaha......nothing cannot be break...some cases i heard...cant break your glass...fine....they go n break your bloody HEADLAMPS n TAILLAMPS....lagi jia lak

gordonbombay

Known Member
May 6, 2006
any of the tinting just only install inside the car.!!!!......even LLumar aslo.!!....r they any tinting can install outside n inside ....& glass cant broken easily??!!??....but legal.!!!!

gordonbombay

Known Member
May 6, 2006
if in construction.!!!!!.......they r some kind of things cant broken.!!!...use some as...glass..........names " polylex acrylic sheet ".............can fix in window .!!!!.....but our car glass r curve !!!...if cut in size .....$$$$..........if that stuff put in our car sure safe ..but very very expensive...........

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Acrylic is a type of plastic where it can stand high heat n high impact depands on its thickness... De thicker de best... N of cause its getting heavier as well... Hehehe... I know all this bcos myself a plastic manufacturer!!! LoLzzzz... Its not advisible to install for car use bcos in case in any urgent situation, de driver n de passengers wil b trapped in de car... And u can imagine what its like in tht situation...

As for LLumah product, its value for $$$ for my personal opinion... Yeah, nothing cant b broken into... But it really save u lotsa headache where u dun hv been through de hassle such as cleaning up de debries of glass in case there is a break in... I hv personally seen quite a number of times on de demo (v even hv a member who use a big long stick with nails to hit de window tht r tinted with LLumah product n this lasted more than 10+ hits b4 it started to crack!!!)... And it really do give me de confident on de products... It prolong de time for de 'theives' to brake in... So if u apply this product together with a good alarm system (such as 2 way alarm n etc) it shld give u enough time to reacch ur car when something happen to u...

Besides de safety side of de LLumah tint, it oso block lotsa heat from coming into de car!!! :_:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
we got special prices from LLumar ? i am intrested on the headlamp "anti kuning" protection tint.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all,

FIRST of all, is LLUMAR !!...not Lumat, LLumat, LLumah or Rumah ! (speacial mention for our Mr.S9 !) LoL

Anyway, I felt that to compare the safety features of LLumar tint vs Acrylic is not relevant la. Btw, if is LLumar tint, the results in an accident or emergency would be almost the same as with Acrylic..when one try to 'save' you or you trying to break it out from the car.

Because with LLumar, is almost impossible to break from the INSIDE and from the outside, you really need lots of strengh + swinging space (momentum) + the tools (ie..helmets, baseball bat..mind you, bricks won't work) + many times/attempt !

I personally tried breaking LLUmar tinted windscreen (side passenger) for cars and is really really difficult to break. It will crack eventually but that is definately more than 10 hard blows !

As for the headlamp tintting, is a good one but is pricey too. It protects flying debris and stones from crackign your headlamp.. Must check with Mr.President. He did that on his car.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
I'm using Llumar tinting film and i can comfirm that is does'nt break easily....
It's not break proof... but it will delay the thief from breaking in or having second thought about continuing the break in....
it's like the alarm systems... honestly there is no such thing as anti-thief systems... just delaying as much time possible for the thieves to break in ar changing his mind on the crime...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
stopid9,

MLOC member got special offer... Last time when Leslie n myself did tht time is ard rm2k... But v top tht up with different color (Gold n Green) tint other than its package tint (Very light black - of cause JPJ approve)!!! When v did tht time it was 2 layers of tinting films - Anti break in + Anti heat!!!

Now LLumar do hv new products where they combining 2 of de films into 1 but with thicker thickness... So tht means u wil get better quality job + save lotsa time while during tinting... As for everything oso 'naik harga' liao... So i guess its now RM2k++ for a normal saloon car tinting...

:_:

A Post Every 5 Mins

Wheel clamp anyone?

Greetings!
Just to share something that I bought from Ace Hardware last week. A wheel clamp: http://imageshack.ushttp://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6638/wheelcramp6uq.jpg

Initially I bought an Autolock but couldn't fit, and I don't trust steering lock, hence this thing should fit the bill.

rgds
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience