Satria Se 4G15 top speed...

anvies said:
speed cut ka? i've even drive a satria gti but only can go 140km/h even i drop gear still remain the same... dam~~~
alamak! sad to hear that man. maybe ur fuel stepper kena stuck oledi. :biggrin:
my honda nsr150r can go 195kmh. my GTi 1999 top speed can reach 200kmh. original condition but with stromberg.

my 8 mth old wira 1.5 M can reach 170-180kph top & my company's 5 yrs old wira 1.5auto (3-speed) can reach 160-170 easily..........i am also using JRD 15 inches so called "heavy" rims !!! it has no effect on the top speed compared to when i was using the standards wheel !!!! by using heavier rims maybe the difference in top speed would be very minimum....not so obvious lah .

better check those satrias who reported lower top speed cos something could still be wrong !!!!

satriaSssEeeZzz said:
i just checked... the wira se 1.5 auto... have 4 gear....confirm...

just hope that u don't get this 4 speed info from proton edar hotline number 1300800888 cause when i ask them how many gear WISE at have, it take them 5 minutes to answer me......and i ask them why normal wira got 3 speed onli, WISE is special edition that's why got 4 speed, then i ask them why satria SE at have 3 speed onli, u know what they say....oh....satria smaller that's why onli got 3 speed.......my god what an answer..........that show's that they have limited knowledge on their own product but it's up to u, 4 or 3 speed just got to the link below and ask people who own that car model

http://s3.invisionfree.com/WiseAutoClub/index.php?showtopic=1196

WISE AT with 4 speed, never heard, FYI WISE first batch have rear disc brake but second batch till now they change to drum brake to cut cost so do you think they will put in for you 4 speed auto gearbox?

i got test ask the proton salesman that how many camshaft that wira have. he say 4 cam. then i tell him to confirm. then he ask his kerlic. and then his kerlic say dunno. ask another 1, then say got 2 camshaft. ask how many valve, they all dunno.
then ask how many speed of the wira auto, he say 5 speed. i say 5 speed is for manual. he say manual and auto oso same got 5 speeds. :biggrin:

cannot blame them oso lar. RM350 basic how to appoint a good and experience car salesman???
and some experience car salesman oso duno wat the held is SOHC and DOHC. lagi no need say about horsepower. :biggrin:

Guys,

Thru my current experience recently (last monday evening, around 400pm..on LPT from Kuantan), got 1 black WiSE following me (not tailing me!) at around 170-180kmh speed, try to catch me from behind. I suppose he already full throttle kot that guy.

Car looks totally stock standard. 2 guys inside.

So, i think WiSe topspeed should be achievable, around 170kmh-180kmh. No doubt about it. But of course need a long road la.

if not mistaken, u r talking about Toyota Wish.
Toyota Wish top speed is only at 180KMH because of speed cut.

Last edited:
GTR said:
if not mistaken, u r talking about Toyota Wish.
Toyota Wish top speed is only at 180KMH because of speed cut.

No. It's not MPV Wish. It's a car, Wira Special Edition ("Wise", i'm correct arrh??):biggrin:

if wira 1.5 SE at 180KMH should be maximum oledi since they r using 16 inches rim moreover it maybe auto.
last time i drive my manager's wira 1.5 auto top speed only 170KMH (but inside got 5 heavy ppl la hahaha!) :biggrin:

GTR said:
cannot blame them oso lar. RM350 basic how to appoint a good and experience car salesman???
and some experience car salesman oso duno wat the held is SOHC and DOHC. lagi no need say about horsepower. :biggrin:

let u know something, B4 any car launching, branches or dealers will send their salesmen to attend this new product (in proton case is new car) seminar where they will explain in detail everthing about the car............so they should know every detail bout the car....so whylah they(proton salesmen, but not all lah) still so blurrrrrrrrrr :(

hehe...proton speed meter really got problem...last time my parent proton wira oso same...in highway the speed meter show 160km/h! but still can see alot lorry overtake us!
but in specification book a stock 4G15 top speed on a flat road is 180+km/h only...

Last edited:
The car manual will always state information that is most of the time a little biased and incomplete. Since wira's inception, the wira 1.5 AT has always been fitted with a 3 speed auto gearbox. Only the wira 1.6, 1.8, Waja 1.6 and 1.8, Perdana, putra 1.8 (all auto version) are fitted with a 4 speed gearbox.

In my opinion, one of the better gear boxes belong to the Wira 1.6 A/T. Its a 4 speed with 1 speed over drive. Extremely good fuel consumption. My unlce bought a wira 1.6 in 97 and till today, he has not faced a sinle problem with the gearbox.

I'll be first to agree, that when you buy a proton, getting a really good car really depends on your luck. I love my car alot. I take care of it like a baby. Althougth it was vandalised a few months back (got scratched from front to back on both sides), I still love my car. My car, bought in December has clocked more than 8000KM already. The fuel consumption is great, I can get away with RM 10-12 travelling from KL to Seremban to KL again. As I mentioned, it depends on your luck.

As for the top speed issues, the car is no doubt a little underpowered, but that is not the fault of the engine, rather is the limitations of the ECU and other not so great components. The engine is essentially a mitsu engine. It does take a lot of time, effort and money to be able to fully utilise the engine's capability.

I belive that the above can be achieved. But in order to first do that, you have to know how good your engine is. I honestly don't believe in plonking in a turbo engine. I personally feel, that the effort and finance spent on maintaining it really not worth the transplant.

I would love to spend about 3-4 thousand on my car's engine, do things that can improve the engines capability. (PNP intake and exhaust, full engine balancing, including pistons, valves, conrod).

If the above is done and done properly, I believe there would be a tremendous increase in peformance of the 4G15 engine.

Peace.

ps. I wrote this reply without any malicious intent. If any occured, I truly apologise.

me and a friend had a tried today..
we drive side by side in the highway..my friend driving wise 1.5..
then we found that our meter were not showing the same reading...
my meter show only 160km/h but his meter already showing 180km/h..
so which one is more accurate?did any body know where and got any instrument to check this meter's problems?thanks

wahhhhh!!!! 180 side by side using wira!!! becareful man do not do it next time this is too dangerous!
eek.gif

our highway is not wide enough for u guys to do this. little mistake will bring u guys go to hell.

cheehong said:
me and a friend had a tried today..
we drive side by side in the highway..my friend driving wise 1.5..
then we found that our meter were not showing the same reading...
my meter show only 160km/h but his meter already showing 180km/h..
so which one is more accurate?did any body know where and got any instrument to check this meter's problems?thanks

If like that, u need to buy apexi rsm la!!:biggrin:

Wira Sedan 4G15 with the following standard mod list:

- exhaust system changed to:
4-2-1 extractor, 1.5" ID piping (mandrel-bent), straight through muffler, all from WiSE.

- Advanti 15" light weight, Falken Azenis ST115. Stock 13' steel rims.

- fuel pressure: 32/40 psi (idling/WOT) fuel pressure (which is lower than stock 36/44 psi setting).

- Intake: C.A.I. setup, K&N drop-in

- oil catch tank, breather etc etc....

ONLY 185 km/h, on meter. The Owner manual says 173 km/h.. Ok mar...

guess what? It's actually 175km/h according to the rpm reading, which is more accurate.

175 - 173 = 2..

haha!!! who cares?!

Last edited:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom