Satria fog light

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Guys, yesterday i was in KL. heavy floods. So i has to go through the floods. When i came home, i noticed that the fog light was not working. any idea why?

btw, there is something called relay which might be connected to the fog light.

does it mean that i have to change or repair smtg in a proton each time it goes through a flood? :sad_smile:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
silverwave,
What kind of fog light are you using? Mind taking a picture and showing it here? Reason I'm asking is cos I bought a fog light for my satria from Brothers. According to the box, it says it's for Wira. According to the mech, he says can be used. But when I got home and tried to install it, it just doesn't seem right. My old one is like fish eye shaped. This new one, is flat one. Like this....

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
mine is the original one. some how, 2 days after i post this, the light worked by itself. may be due to some water which entered the components or short circuit. coz i was near pantai medical center, it was flooded that day. i'm sure that the water level was at least 3/4 of my tire length. anyway, thx for the reply.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I seem to have trouble installing mine ler. Will prob bring it to accessories shop to install it la. sigh...

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
yup, anything with brothers better do it on the spot. I notice that they are not very friendly when u come back after buying smtg from them.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
silverwave,
Well, brothers ma. haha Nevermind ler. I'll try to get my friend who works in an accessories shop to install it first. If it doesn't work, then I'll sell it cheap cheap la. hehe My original bumper fog lamps are like this.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
satria_95 said:
silverwave,
Well, brothers ma. haha Nevermind ler. I'll try to get my friend who works in an accessories shop to install it first. If it doesn't work, then I'll sell it cheap cheap la. hehe My original bumper fog lamps are like this.

ic, what's wrong with ur original fog light?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
My original fogs, the plastic cover faded and aged till it cracked. Due to that, water got into the lamp inside. Then, the reflector started to blister and the light just wasn't shining right anymore. hehehe

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
i think the fog light u bought should be brighter than the original one. based on the design. mine is quite small actually, but brightness average.

ur satria is the 1.6 1995 edition is it?looks like it from the colour. the behind looks like a cyborg?

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Bro Satria_95,

I also bought 1 pair of those 2 screw type fog light for my wira, useless one :< should have buy d 3 screw ori type (Proton sell rm200+ !!) or any other type.

Problem:
1) Can instal no problem, quite easy also (also 50W). But then the light wont shoot front way correctly as ori do, it shoot sideway. Darn....due to the base of the fog light is not d same as ori one, if u thinking of adding nuts on d base can adjust the light, forget it, bcos it will pop-out fr bumber in very ugly manner.....

Thats why accs ppl called it lampu longkang.......shoot to longkang only, not on the road....

2) Brightness, not as good as ori one (bcos of the reflector qlty)

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
By the way, i spend rm33 on that stupid fog light....fr spare part shop....

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
sad to say, but my fog light is not working again. it was fine for so long ever since the floods. now i really dunno what to do. :confused_smile:

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Yo bro, dont throw away d ori one, just check if its bulb burned or wire connection loosed / rusted / broken or relay burned......Unless the inner cover crack or reflector fade out, else can still use one......

Suggestion: Get a relay installed with new wiring to d fog light can give u a long time of problem free.....

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
Aftermkt look-a-like replacement (fake one) wont last & not bright, for deco only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi GUYS ...
plss help me here ..
i urgently need a weber carburator
my car is toyota gl 1.3 ( k370)
if anyone got contact or have one ..do call me or pm me ..
012-9163905 ( GOBBI )

thankss ppl
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience