Replacing the alternator

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
if head unit reset (e.g all radio freq setting lost & need to set back) that means power supply from batt is cut out, unless he means that it turned off & then on again without losing it's memory like the radio freq it's definiely the remote supply problem

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

now i pressume your single HU original remote wire turn on all of the 4 ice items rite. add a relay from u'r HU remote wire. like we all know the 4@5 pin relay that we used e.g for that power horn is actually a switch that allows the battery supply direct to the working unit & it is turned on by the original power supply from the horn button (power from ur dashboard fuse).in this case, add another wire direct from batt to the relay, than the output should go to the 4 items in your ice, than your original remote wire for your HU acts as the trigger to the relay.
Bro. twist an ICE sifu....:driver:
Yup, Bro. Izso, does the HU looses it's memory during shut down?

That's good diagnostic thinking. I didn't think of that.

No it doesn't loose the settings so it might just be the remote. But how on earth does the remote get affected by the blinkers?

And why do I intermittantly get problems with the battery light turning on?

No it doesn't loose the settings so it might just be the remote. But how on earth does the remote get affected by the blinkers?

Faster find out, maybe got stories for our Ghost Stories thread......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

it's in the distribution fuse box i think, coz u'r batt supply to the fuse box comes from 1 way & usually it's a serial circuit & the blinker fuse comes first than only for ice, so when the blinkers is on, it consume the power & the ice only get the leftover power & it doesn't support enuff coz ur ice is already a 4 unit set up + ur dashboard too needs power rite, thats what i'm thinking though.

when exactly that the batt light usually turn on, is it @ idle, medium speed @ high speed, have u checked the alternator output power, bought 1 simple tester for batt/alternator power from ACE (darn the buyer for this diy shop is a good 1, maybe tonite i'll post the pic here) just bcoz got problem wit my batt before.:biggrin: what i'm thinking is yes u'r alternator is gonna give up soon, if it's a leakage problem than ur batt might be dead edi:hmmmm:

Need clarification.... izzit possible to uprate an alternator to give more power... like for my example, got 40A alternator wanna uprate to 50A

because heard somebody says it can, but long time ago

Need clarification.... izzit possible to uprate an alternator to give more power... like for my example, got 40A alternator wanna uprate to 50A

because heard somebody says it can, but long time ago

If can find a bigger amp one that can fit, why not?

If can find a bigger amp one that can fit, why not?

Rather pool more money and uprated the existing alternator so its plug-n-play... rather having to mod mount point and guessing which belts that can fit

Rather pool more money and uprated the existing alternator so its plug-n-play... rather having to mod mount point and guessing which belts that can fit

a fren of mine says, there is a place in pudu where they can mod the alternator to bigger amps using the original housing by recoiling the copper coil but i didn't ask where, btw got my tester pic.

new info, alternator mod, in pudu near the Chinese school & in jln Ipoh ol' building area coz he don't remember the shop name

Attachments

• DSCN7546.jpg
    DSCN7546.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Papagoines : It's possible la. Just make sure the pulley on the alternator is the same size or larger. If it's smaller it'll cause a lot of load on your engine!

Guys, I finally swapped out my old and dying 70A alternator with a new 90A alternator. The pulley on the alternator was exactly the same size so that was a bonus. Now my ICE sounds so much better! Almost completely different. Me likey! Lots of good praise for this upgrade that's for sure. Hasn't affected my cars 'feel' at all too. Seems to perform the same. Double bonus!

Papagoines : It's possible la. Just make sure the pulley on the alternator is the same size or larger. If it's smaller it'll cause a lot of load on your engine!

Guys, I finally swapped out my old and dying 70A alternator with a new 90A alternator. The pulley on the alternator was exactly the same size so that was a bonus. Now my ICE sounds so much better! Almost completely different. Me likey! Lots of good praise for this upgrade that's for sure. Hasn't affected my cars 'feel' at all too. Seems to perform the same. Double bonus!

Blinker / ICE HU problem solved?

so far so good. As I said earlier, this issue was intermittant so I need to keep testing. But since the change everything has been working unbelievably well (electronics wise)

a fren of mine says, there is a place in pudu where they can mod the alternator to bigger amps using the original housing by recoiling the copper coil but i didn't ask where, btw got my tester pic.

new info, alternator mod, in pudu near the Chinese school & in jln Ipoh ol' building area coz he don't remember the shop name
Yes... recoiling, the term that I need...

I know one shop at kajang can do the same thing... just have to buy hafkat alternator as a guinea pig

As per twistedichc, it just recoil the internal... me think the pulley stay the same

Yes... recoiling, the term that I need...

I know one shop at kajang can do the same thing... just have to buy hafkat alternator as a guinea pig

As per twistedichc, it just recoil the internal... me think the pulley stay the same

It depends on the space inside. Some I see already quite pack tight inside.
Those days can just change carbon brush, nowadays got diodes....:hmmmm:

thanks for the head's up... will ask the sifu when finally able to send the alternator

those days only have lights, air-cond & simple ICE only maa, nowadays so many electronically device to consider, "macam2 ada" everything got loorrr. those days u might call them alternator as dynamo for u'r bicycle, now it have to be like a generator for the whole house maa:biggrin::driver:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

thanks for the head's up... will ask the sifu when finally able to send the alternator

wehh, don't forget later tell where & costing arrr, might want 2 upgrade mine 2:biggrin::adore:

those days only have lights, air-cond & simple ICE only maa, nowadays so many electronically device to consider, "macam2 ada" everything got loorrr. those days u might call them alternator as dynamo for u'r bicycle, now it have to be like a generator for the whole house maa:biggrin::driver:

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

wehh, don't forget later tell where & costing arrr, might want 2 upgrade mine 2:biggrin::adore:

Last time my former car alternator konk, went to recon shop they only recon, no upgrade...:hmmmm:

Good for you bro Izso, i had mine swapped years back from 90A to 140A. A whopping increase. Car felt lighter and smoother too.. :driver::driver::driver:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-problems/391787-evo-3-alternator-issue-6.html#post1063826618

Top Bottom