Quick Topic...SUgestion needed

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

huakenny

LB Performance
erm...i not sure this topic asked before or not as i wanna to hv a quick answer from sifu sifu here...

here the spec :~
mmc evo 3 original car wit engine

changed :~
1.GReddy Bov,
2.Arc Skyliner R33 Intercooler
3. Jasma Full piping n Ekzos
4.Hks Plug
5.Knn open port
6.Mine's Ecu
7.cusco suspension
8.16inch OZ wit Yokohama tyres

running in stock boost n wan to up boost...wat boost level rekomended for safety one? 1bar or above?

thanks.....

*sorry if this is repeated Question:embaressed_smile:

how did u end-up with an R33 ARC intercooler...
its darn huge.. with a tdo5h, err... its quite laggy..

boost recommended for a tdo5h by me is at 1.5-1.6b..
make sure the fuel supply is perfect n not to forget a piggy back (e.g safc) n a metal gasket... also a gud clutch..

*not a c-foo:shocked:

kRiminaLz said:
how did u end-up with an R33 ARC intercooler...
its darn huge.. with a tdo5h, err... its quite laggy..

boost recommended for a tdo5h by me is at 1.5-1.6b..
make sure the fuel supply is perfect n not to forget a piggy back (e.g safc) n a metal gasket... also a gud clutch..

*not a c-foo:shocked:

i juz wan a safe boost..1bar o more abit is ok....Lag? so far i drive is ok a...

ok...
by the way, whats ur piping size frm the intake manifold n frm i/c to turbo?
IS IT A R33GTR I/C?

so, what is this question mainly abt?
actually any boost is fine as long as there is no knocking/pinging..
u want optimum boost or...... ?

piping al original route wit ori piping...juz change r33 arc intercooler...piping juz change to biger as wanna mouth to the r33 IC

question now is..wit all the spec i hv now...i juz wanna up a litle boost...how much boost should i boost...fuel pump all original..

hmm..
i'll say 1.2br with a fuel reg...
if 1.2 with ur stock mods i wouldnt dare to say, coz u need to tune it with a wideband sensor..
different car has different characteristics...
last time i did 1.2b with stock tdo5h without fuel reg n stock f/pump, its too lean at 3rd 6000+.....

any info regarding ur mine's ecu?
i couldnt say much abt it.. need to ask the c-foos

In my opinion, to lower the risk of damaging the engine is to tune it properly. Fuel setting, ignition timing, cooling, and etc etc, all have to be taken into serious consideration.

If the engine is properly setup, running at 36psi at 11k rpm also no worries but the problem is, how efficient is the TD05H turbo? Sure you can boost that turbo to 20psi but I believe the efficiency will drop. If I'm not mistaken, that turbo is only good for around 12-14psi. Going further than that the turbo will produce hotter boost air and you are actually putting more stress to the turbo unit and thus reducing the lifespan. So if wanna go for higher boost, better upgrade to a proper turbo unit which is capable of handling it, and of cause, don't forget to remapping your fuel supply, and engine timing.

:shades_smile:

my impreza gc8 boosted up to 1.0 bar..juz change downpipe n ekzos,open port filter n boost controller....

without any setting to ecu....coz original ecu can support to 1bar only..up to 1bar then only hv to do those setting...my mech told me..but i lazy go there coz not free so i asking here

evo3 if up boost to 1bar....so troublesome? if yes..i beter dun touch it...coz i tot 1bar is very normal to turbo car...:confused_smile:

1298 said:
In my opinion, to lower the risk of damaging the engine is to tune it properly. Fuel setting, ignition timing, cooling, and etc etc, all have to be taken into serious consideration.

If the engine is properly setup, running at 36psi at 11k rpm also no worries but the problem is, how efficient is the TD05H turbo? Sure you can boost that turbo to 20psi but I believe the efficiency will drop. If I'm not mistaken, that turbo is only good for around 12-14psi. Going further than that the turbo will produce hotter boost air and you are actually putting more stress to the turbo unit and thus reducing the lifespan. So if wanna go for higher boost, better upgrade to a proper turbo unit which is capable of handling it, and of cause, don't forget to remapping your fuel supply, and engine timing.

:shades_smile:

u at kk,sabah one a? i wil go back oso tis week..my evo at there la..not here..hehe..u oso drive turbo car? too common for kk guy drive turbo car rite?

Yup...a normal kk guy driving a louzy snail-power vehical here...haha.

1298 said:
Yup...a normal kk guy driving a louzy snail-power vehical here...haha.

so i think my evo wil juz maintain the normal boost la...dun kacau it 1st....normal is how many bar a? forgot oledi..haha

not sure about evo standard boost, never had the chance to touch that beast... :X-: but i know other engines like, 1JZGTE, 1GGZE are pumping out around 10psi stock.

Yeah, normally boost pressure will rise after exhaust upgrade. mine was at 12psi before, and hit boost cut at 1bar after...now have to throw away the boost limiter and upgrade fuel supply...turbo going to kong soon. haha. :mouth_closed: :X-:

huakenny,

for what its worth, i've been runnign 0.95bar for a while, whacked at sepang thrice (around 40laps total i guess) so far so good (touch wood ><).

1 bar should be fine for day to day use, make sure fueling is enough. td05-16G should be good for up to 1.5-1.6bar for our engine (taking into consideration rev limit of 7.5krpm)

dolly said:
huakenny,

for what its worth, i've been runnign 0.95bar for a while, whacked at sepang thrice (around 40laps total i guess) so far so good (touch wood ><).

1 bar should be fine for day to day use, make sure fueling is enough. td05-16G should be good for up to 1.5-1.6bar for our engine (taking into consideration rev limit of 7.5krpm)

u mean fuel pressure? o rhv to pump fuel tank of petrol?haha

no ler, just make sure stock fpr is fine, injectors can supply more than enough fuel at 1bar (with a td05-16g), fuel pump also more than enough, just make sure its working fine and directly wire the pump to the battery

dolly said:
no ler, just make sure stock fpr is fine, injectors can supply more than enough fuel at 1bar (with a td05-16g), fuel pump also more than enough, just make sure its working fine and directly wire the pump to the battery

y muz wire the pump to the batery le? if din direct le? u scare no enuf power izit?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom