Pros and cons of engine braking?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
:thefinger:

Page 25 is all about who is faster and who is king. wtf. all shuddup.

Titanrev is king and fastesterest.

And what happened to the topic of engine braking?

Btw, why would anyone with an auto bother with left foot braking? Just shift from D to 3/2 but don't lift off only maaah

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya

Btw, why would anyone with an auto bother with left foot braking? Just shift from D to 3/2 but don't lift off only maaah
you want them to break the gearbox ah drop shift like that without release the gas pedal? :rofl:
still need some braking at a certain point. i always do hard late braking, back to gas pedal and tap brake pedal with left foot while entering mid corner with half throttle and then WOT when i exit. but that's while driving my wife mpv laa. :rofl:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Maybe next time need find you, y2188, izsuark TT again when I come to KL. All sifus. :adore:
Still far far away from being sifu weih. I'm just a kid.

y2188 is 93 sifu. :biggrin:
:thefinger::thefinger:

Totally agree, Titanrev is king and fastesterest +1

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
i no sifu. drive auto only. :biggrin:
Legendary uncle Fred also drive auto and still can win in competition... 4G15 auto. :adore:

After being inactive in ZTH for so long, finally you are now active and joining the threads again. :adore:

Still far far away from being sifu weih. I'm just a kid.

:thefinger::thefinger:

Totally agree, Titanrev is king and fastesterest +1
LOL, what makes you think I am old enough? I'm probably younger than you.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Legendary uncle Fred also drive auto and still can win in competition... 4G15 auto. :adore:

After being inactive in ZTH for so long, finally you are now active and joining the threads again. :adore:

LOL, what makes you think I am old enough? I'm probably younger than you.
Bro izso, wanna pull us back to straight line, tiok kannn liao loh...:rolleyes:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro izso, wanna pull us back to straight line, tiok kannn liao loh...:rolleyes:
Come discuss about your progress in heel toe. :biggrin:

No new participants trying to learn heel toe in this thread, can only talk about your progress now.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Come discuss about your progress in heel toe. :biggrin:

No new participants trying to learn heel toe in this thread, can only talk about your progress now.
Progress is still practice, remind remind X 99999 times to myself to execute ht when have chance....
:burnout:
i go work, back work...everyday traffic. Even straight line i practice HT if got chance. Get use to synchronize or what u call rythm. :burnout:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Progress is still practice, remind remind X 99999 times to myself to execute ht when have chance....
:burnout:
i go work, back work...everyday traffic. Even straight line i practice HT if got chance. Get use to synchronize or what u call rythm. :burnout:
You must be braking a lot more than usual. :biggrin:

When I was learning, I was braking more than what I usually did. Brake whenever I got the chance like in every turns and corners. Before that, I rarely brake because I will slow down and down shift before reaching turns and corners.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I also do left foot braking leh. IMHO is useful coz sometimes can overlap between brake & gas to alter the car behavior, and to me the transition between the 2 pedals becomes smoother coz no time gap. If I use just my right foot then there's that split second gap when I switch my foot between the pedals. Anyway it's a matter of preference.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
you want them to break the gearbox ah drop shift like that without release the gas pedal? :rofl:
still need some braking at a certain point. i always do hard late braking, back to gas pedal and tap brake pedal with left foot while entering mid corner with half throttle and then WOT when i exit. but that's while driving my wife mpv laa. :rofl:
I drive like that using the Chery for outstation, because got manual override.......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hyundai released details of the next installment in its all-new range of ‘i’ cars – the i10 which will replace the current Atos
model (called Amica in some markets) . Based on the same platform as the 2008 Kia Picanto, Hyundai’s new affordable mini car measures 3,565mm in length...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience