Pros and cons of engine braking?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now, I think I am able to adapt and apply heel toe to other cars as well. Drove Myvi today and was able to do it there as well. Previously, I can't even do it because the pedal position and height are different from Wira.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Update.

It has been 4 months already since I posted in this thread. Looks like I have gotten used to heel toe and rev matching during normal drive. Able to rev match correctly most of the time now. Applying these two methods all the time when I am driving my car. No problems with heel toe technique either although it is a little bit difficult to rev match accurately during low RPM drive like 1500-2500. When it comes to higher RPM, it is way easier to rev match accurately.

Thank you to all of you gave tips and guidance to me earlier. Learning this technique really makes driving much more interesting and fun. The feeling I have after each successful rev matching during downshift is very satisfying.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhuLnE6iJSc

this big dude really thought me to heel toe @ but not heel toe. Same outcome.
Wow, he doesn't even need to use his heel to do it.

By the way, it seems like my skills on heel toe has improved because last time when I was learning, I am only able to perform it nicely on my own Wira. Now, I can even do it on Myvi and Saga Iswara. Not as smooth as I did in Wira but still able to pull it off. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
UncleVR mention big foot way. Where space is limited to do proper heel toe. Hahaha.....
But on old beemer, the accelerator pedal deep in, brake pedal high up, and then brake pedal close to clutch pedal, always step on these two instead......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But on old beemer, the accelerator pedal deep in, brake pedal high up, and then brake pedal close to clutch pedal, always step on these two instead......lol:rofl:
The car sure jerk very badly when accidentally step on brake pedal when want to step on clutch. :rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unfortunately for me, I somehow corrupted some of my photos and need to retake the brake bleeding process so that'll be done in part #3 of the 'how to improve braking performance' series.

But for now I'd like to discuss this particular modification that I had done - Steel Braided Hoses.

The original OEM brake hose is made of a special rubber compound that's able to withstand the 1000psi (probably less...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience