professional's help needed

devil_rules87

ok...
thx for readin ~
i need help real badly ....
there's this car ...
a satria gti with turbo ... that i wan to get
the owner says that the gear shaft has problem
and u cannot rev beyond 3 ..... rpm meter ...
and um .. i wana know how much is the gear shaft costs ?
um i mean to fix it ..... pls plspls help
thanks

gear shaft or gear shift?
I really suggest you don't buy a car with a problem. You're asking for it, unless you really know what you're doing. And no offence but since you have to ask, I don't think you know what you're doing. ur best bet is to try find a mint condition car.

um , its the gear shaft if im not mistaken ...
btw , thanks alot for ur suggestions
in fact i really duno much about these tech of cars thingys ...
u really helped alot , and if its not too much ....
can u pls tell me roughly the price of the thing ( gear shaft ) i think .......
thanks agn sir

Protons don't have a gear shaft. The gearbox is cable operated. And judging by the problem (cannot rev over 3k) it's not a gear cable/shaft problem. In all probability, the problem is very serious and the owner is not telling you the whole story.

Well, you can ask aound in the car service shop. But 1 thing that I hope will not offend you, you don't know much on car's enigne and other techs, what for you need a turbo charged car? I think you have learn more first on this subject before you get conned by somebody. Anyway if a car got known problem, it should have others unknown problem, better to check properly first. But if enigne part have problem, is better that you don't buy from him...

Gear shaft ... I think he meant Transfer "Gear" Shaft ... Not mistaken is the shaft that transfer power from the engine to the box.

Usually would be one of the problem with any car with high hp and torque.

Would recommend you shop around for another piece, unless the car is practically a give-away free, or you have already bought it (you haven't, have you???).

One last bit of advice lah... I'm guessing from ur email that you're 18 years old. Please don't play with turbos using your parents money. I've seen this happen to some of my friends, and it's not a good thing at all to waste their hard earned cash on repairs because you couldn't maintain the car properly.

You have much to learn. Please buy a sensible car.

Like what u posted in GTI thread , seems that it's because of the gearbox itself if not mistaken.Replacing a new gearbox isnt cheap and who knows due to that problem theres some other problem. Well SERIOUSLY if u want to buy the car u should bring the owner and the car to workshop and ask carefully what is the problem and how much is the repair cost. Please take those things seriously. No offense for the seller as you dont want to spend your money on broken thing.

And maintaining turbocharged car aint cheap and gives u lotsa headache. I thought of trasplanting GSR into mine but decided my mind not going for turbo for a moment since I'm still a student and after received some advice from elder GTI members. Always look for good condition car as after u buy u wont get any headache and your money will be well used rather than throwing it into maintainence and repairing the car.

Top Bottom