Pro And Cons Upgrade/Mod Brakes Sytem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hi all Sifu's out there,
Its me again asking sum question that can save live...hehehe

im tinking convert my rear drum iswara sedan to brake disc..i know its possible..juz 1 tink in my mind, izzit really safe?

i read sum info in this forum n Saga Iswara Club Forum...they said after mod ur brake system, sure will be have probs...such as..cant use the handbrake properly...wen reverse got sound..izzit true?

can all the sifu's share their opinion here..im trying luking in dis forum, cant find it..

if for Iswara Sedan, wat brake set that suitable the most without any probs..meaning working 100% superb..

tanks

jssim

Known Member
Sep 4, 2007
for my wira, i change to bigger front disc from Satria GTI...when normal use it juz like normal 1.5 braking system...but when e-braking, can feel the braking system works very good!!
i think u can juz go for bigger front disc...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Hi all Sifu's out there,
Its me again asking sum question that can save live...hehehe

im tinking convert my rear drum iswara sedan to brake disc..i know its possible..juz 1 tink in my mind, izzit really safe?

i read sum info in this forum n Saga Iswara Club Forum...they said after mod ur brake system, sure will be have probs...such as..cant use the handbrake properly...wen reverse got sound..izzit true?

can all the sifu's share their opinion here..im trying luking in dis forum, cant find it..

if for Iswara Sedan, wat brake set that suitable the most without any probs..meaning working 100% superb..

tanks
if reverse got sound, thats their brake system got prob,,,... not every1 like that..
i see no prob if change the drum to disc..

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
i changed my disc front and rear (iswara) no problem...brake really makan kau kau...from 170kmph i can stop with a steady pace and not scared of lack of brake.the brakes so kuat even my AD07 also lose grip and slide on a hot dry day...

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
i changed my disc front and rear (iswara) no problem...brake really makan kau kau...from 170kmph i can stop with a steady pace and not scared of lack of brake.the brakes so kuat even my AD07 also lose grip and slide on a hot dry day...
Doink : izzit?got any probs such as handbrake parking?got sound during reverse? where u do it n how much the cost?sound interesting

if reverse got sound, thats their brake system got prob,,,... not every1 like that..
i see no prob if change the drum to disc..
Jineil2en : oh ok..so, the main prob is the mech who instal it lar?if instal properly, sure ok ryte?

for my wira, i change to bigger front disc from Satria GTI...when normal use it juz like normal 1.5 braking system...but when e-braking, can feel the braking system works very good!!
i think u can juz go for bigger front disc...
jssim: bigger front disc?wont skid arr wen e brake?i need to change brake orr...now never makan..scared to bawa laju2....uuuu

jssim

Known Member
Sep 4, 2007
i bought from a forumer here...for front n rear cost me rm750...consider cheap...recently juz fix the front disc only...the rear still using ori drum brake...
btw, my car is wira 1.5, so it will be diffrent price with ur's..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
pro is the car stop faster

con is my balls sumtimes hit each other when i jam brakes ^^

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Why not join up with 4g1series.tk

It's a forum for owners of all vehicles of the 4g1series and they talk about all aspects, including your rear disc mod.

It's quite good company. Besides talking tech, those guys can be pretty hilarious.

Headed by longtime ZTH member, fstrader (otherwise know as Fred, the Fast...lol). I'm sure Guan from EA Autoworks can hook you up with some good service and if you let him, he'll probably racun you with his NA mods too.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006

It's a forum for owners of all vehicles of the 4g1series and they talk about all aspects, including your rear disc mod.

It's quite good company. Besides talking tech, those guys can be pretty hilarious.

Headed by longtime ZTH member, fstrader (otherwise know as Fred, the Fast...lol). I'm sure Guan from EA Autoworks can hook you up with some good service and if you let him, he'll probably racun you with his NA mods too.
Haha, thx bro !! I'm driving other car make , i can join also ah ?

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
i bought from a forumer here...for front n rear cost me rm750...consider cheap...recently juz fix the front disc only...the rear still using ori drum brake...
btw, my car is wira 1.5, so it will be diffrent price with ur's..
Izzit?So Far No Probs lar?hmmm..gud2..i will consider to mod it..save money 1st..:driver:

pro is the car stop faster

con is my balls sumtimes hit each other when i jam brakes ^^
haha...censored2..hahaha

Thanks Bro..really appreciate it..Oh ok..that the main problem if i get the Brake Disc part...dunno where is the perfect place to mod it..I love NA Mod..but im using NGV, still can mod to max arr?hehehe

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Thanks Bro..really appreciate it..Oh ok..that the main problem if i get the Brake Disc part...dunno where is the perfect place to mod it..I love NA Mod..but im using NGV, still can mod to max arr?hehehe
Guan, Drex and the guys at EA Autosport seem to have gotten a good reputation for service and fair pricing and they are also enthusiasts of the 4g1x series. Wouldn't hurt to at least drop in to EA and see what they can do for your car.

My understanding is he's put a lot of work on the NA mods and he does have very good dyno results to show it wasn't simply amateur night. But be aware that that the amount of work and care that needs to be put into the full NA package means he won't simply offer it to a customer who wasn't serious about it. I think that's good professionalism. I don't deal with EA but a lot of other forumers did and not one negative opinion I can discern. The impression also is that they are straight-talkers and refreshingly free from BS. So give them a try. They have a lot of other goodies, so good chance they should be able to try to tailor things to suit your budget and preferences.

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
Guan, Drex and the guys at EA Autosport seem to have gotten a good reputation for service and fair pricing and they are also enthusiasts of the 4g1x series. Wouldn't hurt to at least drop in to EA and see what they can do for your car.

My understanding is he's put a lot of work on the NA mods and he does have very good dyno results to show it wasn't simply amateur night. But be aware that that the amount of work and care that needs to be put into the full NA package means he won't simply offer it to a customer who wasn't serious about it. I think that's good professionalism. I don't deal with EA but a lot of other forumers did and not one negative opinion I can discern. The impression also is that they are straight-talkers and refreshingly free from BS. So give them a try. They have a lot of other goodies, so good chance they should be able to try to tailor things to suit your budget and preferences.
Thanks again..such a lot info for newbies for me..yeah.. EA will go straight forward wan like dat day, they dunt allow me to buy cheap2 amp n dey show me a gud powerful branded amp wif low price...really like da way their work..never cheat customer..about the performance, i didnt ask them yet...maybe later will visit dem..tink wanna upgrade my brake system 1st..EA also can advice n find a gud brake disc for me 2?hehehe..or i go find 1 set brake disc n ask dem where to mod?how ek?hehehe..thanks bro

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
You want to get the discs for the rear or front only?

If front its just plug and play :proud:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello...pal... i also using PROTON ISWARA convert to 4G92 MIVEC few years back and convert brake system to VR4 single port all 4 la...so far so good and i also change the master pump to double layer and take from 1.8 putra..untill now is good in braking and hand brake..
before i change to 1.8 master pump i using mivec ori 1.6 pump the hand brake not tat grip...la

Proton iswara can use VR4 or MIRGAGE BFRAKE SYSTEM,,but mirgage is totally out so better use VR4 and still can find the brake pad easy..rm 140 front rear rm 130++ forgot...

happy converting ur car...

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
You want to get the discs for the rear or front only?

If front its just plug and play :proud:
i wanna try rear 1st...how much can i get arr?some forumer sell his perdana rear brake caliper n rear brake rotor for rm300 nego..issit ok?n i must do the line brakes..how much it cost?n go puspakom,how much it cost?

if front,just plig n play?which brake set?hehehe..very nubs n now do my research..hehehe..log in my brain to remember..hehe

hello...pal... i also using PROTON ISWARA convert to 4G92 MIVEC few years back and convert brake system to VR4 single port all 4 la...so far so good and i also change the master pump to double layer and take from 1.8 putra..untill now is good in braking and hand brake..
before i change to 1.8 master pump i using mivec ori 1.6 pump the hand brake not tat grip...la

Proton iswara can use VR4 or MIRGAGE BFRAKE SYSTEM,,but mirgage is totally out so better use VR4 and still can find the brake pad easy..rm 140 front rear rm 130++ forgot...

happy converting ur car...
oh issit?after change brake, must change master pump also arr?how much it cost?
other forumer said vr4 give a bit probs..they said perdana wan is ok...ur opinion?
how much it cost u to upgrade ur braking system?all together n if do rear oni how much..hehehe..wana do it cepat2...hehehe..
tnks ya

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since HIDs are not really street legal, I have got a problem with my headlight low beam beams (not bright enough) and HIDs are out of the discussion. Have any one tried changing PIAA bulbs / Phillip bulbs?
Any recommendation ? I would prefer PIAA northern star white (4400k) but isit bright enough?
Any one tried it or even xtreme vision 100% or sylvania ultra? I am really lost cos of so many brand and reviews.
Please help , thanks. Currently still using my standard bulbs. Any thing that I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience