Possible ways to squeeze more KM out of yr full tank...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Hmm.. previously, before d price soared... i tried to push my car further for 1 tank of petrol... i think i've gained better mileage out of the entire tank... wat i did was..

1. Installed a silencer to my exhaust
----> i dunno how it helped, maybe due to quieter sound, i rev lesser.. or perhaps due to lesser air out, lower rpm has slightly better torque, so d driving remained mostly under 3k rpm...

2. Lesser braking - plan your stop & go
----> U see traffic light infront has been green a long time, cruise...don speed when u know it's gonna turn red soon... so dat u avoid braking... then have to resume... if u plan it out, it'll roll to a stop... no need to rev all d way...
----> Plan yer corners... bla bla... let it stroll.. cruise... don tekan like stepping dead a cockroach on yr pedal...

3. Say No to "Smoking Tailgaters"
----> Just tell yerself, he's not worth it... 30 cents... NOT WORTH IT..
----> Lesser pedal to metal - more mileage.

4. Parking slopes
----> Usually, i don mind stopping in d middle of a slope if the carpark is congested ... now, i jes keep waiting on d bottom.. till d top clears, then i drive up the slope... instead of hanging 1/2.. it helps..

5. Try to service yer own car... it helps to lower the maintenance cost... but every 3rd service, bring it to the shop... coz u might never know which part is waiting to pop..

6. Avoid Jam...
----> Traffic Jam is a real petrol waster... avoid going out on peak hours... but if it's office rush hour then nvm lo.. u can always go to office earlier (which nowadays i do).. or go home later (i didnt say earlier.. incase any of my colleagues are lookin at this topic)...

7. I heard pumping petrol early in d morning helps..
----> Due to petrol in the petrol pump tanks during the nite .. err..umm.. diu.. dunno la.. condensation thingy..

What else?

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
lighten ur car!!..ehehe...remove spare tyre, seat...(just leave ur own seat)..ahaha..what else, air cond, power window..etc..etc...(more like track car oledi laa)...hahaha....

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
expenditious said:
hehehe...then you will have the urge to speed more....since its actually faster...acording to lotus theory...
hahha, can overcome this problem...rev cut!!..hahaa...3-3.5k RPM..rev cut..nice ehh...ehehehe

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
hey bryan.. i tot your point number #6 is always go to office late, and go home earlier.. can escape the traffic jam mah.

hahaha.

well.. i'm on freaking light footed.... even naik bukit i maintain below 3k .. .gosh.. it crawls up... hog up the traffic behind.. had to squeeze to one side and let ppl go..

some would horn me as they over took me.. aii.. wat to do? 30centz bai... me aint earning big buck.. need to save save.

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
zephyr3d said:
hey bryan.. i tot your point number #6 is always go to office late, and go home earlier.. can escape the traffic jam mah.

hahaha.

well.. i'm on freaking light footed.... even naik bukit i maintain below 3k .. .gosh.. it crawls up... hog up the traffic behind.. had to squeeze to one side and let ppl go..

some would horn me as they over took me.. aii.. wat to do? 30centz bai... me aint earning big buck.. need to save save.
great mind thinks alike!!..same here dude, been light footed since petrol price hit 1.62..ahahha..now, even lighter!!..ahahah.....

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
expenditious..

actually thatz what i'm doing.. but i din save much anyway... my gf save la.. carpool wit her.. and i pump petrol for her..... aii..

but i save on parking loh..

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
aku_sangap said:
great mind thinks alike!!..same here dude, been light footed since petrol price hit 1.62..ahahha..now, even lighter!!..ahahah.....
but kinda susah wit kancil auto... gear ratio memang sial man... 50km/h almost 3k liao.. i would be doing 100km/h in my other car man.

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
hehehe...well my gf quite understanding la....dont need to see her that much...she say petrol expensive...kekeke...save money...
my still in the garage...but 2nite have to go out....planning to drive slowwww...but miss those days when the petrol was cheaper...1.42 i think...

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
hehee....planning to change back to s flow la...cannot tahan laaa...no straight floww...petrol also straight out kekkeek

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Actually... even today, I find that almost everyone with big cc cars are driving VERY SLOWLY!

Example, the road to TTDI from Jln D'sara is 60km/h but this fella drove 40km/h, hogging other road users behind. BTW, it's a Honda Accord 2004 model.

Later, a couple of turbo cars smoked this fella 99 because can't stand driving 40km/h. I guess, many people still don't mind paying RM 1.92/L.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
acbc: i bet u're one of those turbo dude who smoked him rite?

anyway, having bigger capacity doesnt ALWAYS means it'll be higher on consumption... i.e., 1.3 cc car pushing a 1.4 tonne car.. burns more fuel than a 1.8 liter car..

hmm...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i did calculation already.. no doubt the kancil need to pump petrol twice a week at times.. but it still clocks longer mileage in total than my car... so my car's relegated to the substitude bench.. opps.. world cup fever kick in already.

i haven't been driving my car for at least 2 weeks already.. gosh.. better go start the engine.. maybe drive around the neighbourhood for awhile..

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
hehehe...well we will think about it for one week most laa...after a while we get this point of no point driving slow...the petrol wont be cheaper...things will be the same...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
acbc said:
Actually... even today, I find that almost everyone with big cc cars are driving VERY SLOWLY!

Example, the road to TTDI from Jln D'sara is 60km/h but this fella drove 40km/h, hogging other road users behind. BTW, it's a Honda Accord 2004 model.

Later, a couple of turbo cars smoked this fella 99 because can't stand driving 40km/h. I guess, many people still don't mind paying RM 1.92/L.
one of the turbo guys must be u la... hahahaha.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
7. I heard pumping petrol early in d morning helps..
----> Due to petrol in the petrol pump tanks during the nite .. err..umm.. diu.. dunno la.. condensation thingy..
hmmm top gear freak needed - season 6 i think where JC did godknowsdamnalotofkms in the audi diesel , the only part i remembered ( not fully sure ) he said fueling up is best in the morning cuz of the heat expansion thingy ...

expenditious

500 RPM
Dec 31, 2004
UNDER THE SUN..
zephyr3d said:
i did calculation already.. no doubt the kancil need to pump petrol twice a week at times.. but it still clocks longer mileage in total than my car... so my car's relegated to the substitude bench.. opps.. world cup fever kick in already.

i haven't been driving my car for at least 2 weeks already.. gosh.. better go start the engine.. maybe drive around the neighbourhood for awhile..

same here...never start my engine for few days...

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hey,guys!

im a new member..Im having a proton wira 1.5 manual,maroon color.I changed my sports rim for d crome ones(15") but now its peeling off...Since i can't change the rims for the moment,so i decided to paint them but im not very sure about the color?I was thinkin to paint it white or hyper black? u guys have any suggestion...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience