Please Help: Chamber Kits

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Does anyone know where to custom make a adjustable chamber kits and how much?

I'm using 20" wheels and my tires only eating inside pretty bad and middle still let about 80% .

Please help.

Thanks!!!

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
CAMBER. Not CHAMBER. Chamber = some big room in some castle...lol

What car are you driving?

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Re: Please Help: Camber Kits

lol...sorry for the wrong spelling.

Merz w210. i hardly drive my car but recently notice the left side

of the tires are badly worn. A friend told me i need a camber kit to solve the problem.

I only notice they dont sell adj camber kits for merz.

So if anyone knows where i can make one?

tire size im using is 245/30/20

suspension setup is H&R / blistein sports yellow.

nikolaiski

Known Member
Nov 4, 2005
woah...that's a very B I G tyre size for the merc...it's very normal to have such irregularities.

Firstly, if you haven't already done so, get your car aligned properly to equalize the camber for front and rear tyres. Remember the camber numbers.

If you've already done that, may I ask how far have you driven since you changed the tyres to have it worn out to such an extent?

I suggest reading up on alignment issues:

http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm

So assuming you know EXACTLY the above, examine...which side of the front left tyre is worn out? inside? outside? Examine the other tyres for wear patterns..are they worn out the same way? If not how? Document exactly the wear location for each tyre, and the extent of wear of course.

If it appears to be all over the inside and outside of the tyre then you might have an alignment problem on one side and not the camber problem. Too much positive camber means your outside will be worn out, and the general steering feeling is not stable..too negative a camber means the inside will be worn out, but shiok to drive..heh heh..your steering will also feel heavier and not return to the centre as easily as before.

Should you alignment be EQUAL, then you're probably going to have to examine your driving habits - are you making more aggressive right turns than left turns? Like that sure ur left front tyre wear out faster, especially that you are on big rims..even faster..haha

Anyway, online ALOT of places selling..here are the rear camber arms for your car (you need to scroll down)

Mercedes Tuning - Caster/Camber Kits For Sale | Used Caster/Camber Kits | Cheap Caster/Camber Kits

and the front:

KMAC Mercedes Front Camber/Caster Kit 95-02 E-Class W210 - KMAC - Camber Kits - Suspension - Import Auto Performance

with your oversized rims/tyre combos, you should aim to have as FLAT a contact patch as possible when the car is turning and going straight. Obviously, given the caster angle of a merc, this may not be possible..so your alignment mechanic is going to have to be experienced enough to know how to compensate...DO NOT listen to those who anyhow tell you to "buka camber" or "boleh boleh boleh!" to any suggestions...IF there isn't anyone else here to chip in with the agreeable numbers, I suggest running 0 to 0.5 camber for a start and see how the tyre wear rate is like..

have fun :D

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is a product that I can use to spray and clean my car carpets that is easy to use, effective, not too watery, and has no to little leftover smell?

I usually just take them out and wash them with soap, but I am wondering if there's a shortcut. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience