• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
faisal said:
The Perodua RADMOS (R And D Motorports) prepared MyVi that entered Time Attack was fitted with

1) Stiffly sprung Coilvover dampers - as opposed to the std softer set up.
2) Sticky 15" Silverstone FTZRR Semi slicks ( way grippier tha OE tires)

The rear beam axle mounts are very miniscule. All The loading from the above mods caused exessive stress onto the axle mounts and the rear axle itself.
Naturally something had to give.
BEEEP ! point awarded.

(more bonus points at stake); why didnt the test car be fitted WITH additional lower member braces? There were a couple of mounting points (not used) that i saw that could allay such untoward embarassment. The local SSO is not regimented to strict classification where (ie. classification for only stock class entry; modified etc)
so no laws (unlike overseas classification entries) to restrict bracings.
stock rear beam axle mounts is :mouth_closed: :shocked: :shocked: :mouth_closed:

Last edited:

TOE PECK

Banned
Oct 29, 2005
this myvi sucks...ive seen countless wira satrias,civic etc2 with japs stiff shockers and semi slick tyres..none have gone like this myvi...anyway manufactures must test their cars at least to 1g cornering...why this myvi fails?do they expect the public not to modify it?if this is true then i deemed this car unsafe cos knowing malaysians..sure they modify it with shockers and such..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
re read faisal post.

modify all they want but modify all aspects in regards to safety too. something i notice most modders esp beginers dont.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
When you mod, it is your fault.

They don't build cars to be idiot-proof.

If it breaks in stock condition, then blame them.

For example, if you decide to stick a bit fat turbo onto the engine and boost it to the high heavens, if the engine blows, who's fault is it? It is also the same with overclocking your CPU. If it overheats and burns, its your fault.

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
si|verfish said:
When you mod, it is your fault.

They don't build cars to be idiot-proof.

If it breaks in stock condition, then blame them.
coming back to my post of engineered to the car's potential & userbility

sports cars = engineered to withstand typical sports car usage.

a mazda miata is a lightweight sportcar which is gem on the road (driven) & a great autocrosser. To sustain it to a usage in running off road rallies/ 4X4 terrains will definately see it sustained a lot of damage on joints & create high stress on areas that werent designed for it.

coming back to a small ecobox car designed for daily road use ~ it will do 99.9% of the time.

to track it autocrossing well....(written in earlier post)

but ecobox car isnt miata nor miata isnt a subaru STi.

actually, the title of thread needs to changed, i dont remember seeing rear axel snapped , rear member cross beam was twisted severely~acknowledged

the snapped parts (see hosted picture) were;
aftermarket the struts *boyaa*, cross beam mounting joint *boyaa*, drivers pride *boyaa*:embaressed_smile:

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
Incorrect car to use..for such an event...and improper mod..as most of u have pointed out..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys,
would like to go polish my car and wax a few layers ...anyplace to recommend ? preferabbly around rm 100 oni ler :P hehe tqtq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience