Open pod on Automatic car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Aisay man. Lay off his case la. The fella wants to spend his money on a car he likes, that's his perogative mah. I've spent a small fortune on my Wira only to end up with less than 90whp currently (sigh). Probably would have spent the money better transplanting my engine.

We mod our cars for self satisfaction. Not to go faster than other cars mah
Yes, U get what I mean, just for self satisfaction, I`m not mod my car to go faster than others.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Yea, I know you going to Speedworks. Did you ask them about their BOT (Bolt on Turbo system)

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

I know what you mean. Done that before until I got my VR as like you your Perdana 6A12TT...:driver:
No, i`m not planning to do either superchargers or turbo, they not recommended to do so, turbo and superchargers project I will test on other cars.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

in that case ok will support TS, but y not trying octane booster as well?
Currently using the octane from X-1R, but heard theres some octane booster which is better. Haven't try on this yet.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Moving the battery to the boot is always a good step, especially in a FWD car.

Maybe you should do that first and let Speedworks see the space that they can work with and go from there?
Good suggestion, I will try and ask this

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No, i`m not planning to do either superchargers or turbo, they not recommended to do so, turbo and superchargers project I will test on other cars
In that case probably they don't have the unit yet for Almera since they don't recommend, as they have for Vios, CT, Myvi and even the Swift....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you can make your wira to yield 90 whp, I would say there is more saticfaction in that compared to transplanting a more powerful engine.
Sigh. Before I got my car rebuilt the 2nd time, my old cylinder head setup was giving me 90whp.. on my auto. Now when I change to manual the head warped and gone was my 90whp. Sigh sigh sigh.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Facepalm. I suggested damn long ago in this thread.

Oh, tq to u as well, sorry din`t saw your pose x_x.... I din`t mean it, But I have VS and grounding on my car, relocated in boot is possible?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Probably might have later cause usually they make stuff for popular cars.
Its popular quite, but I think when new vios launch almera will lost, somemore I din`t find any poeple doing performance in almera yet. More on visual effect

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Oh, tq to u as well, sorry din`t saw your pose x_x.... I din`t mean it, But I have VS and grounding on my car, relocated in boot is possible?

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Its popular quite, but I think when new vios launch almera will lost, somemore I din`t find any poeple doing performance in almera yet. More on visual effect
Haha its okay. Basically, the body is a ground sooo, boot technically has a ground too.
Even Impul has nothing for Almera other than visual mods?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/lancer...s/461052-how-relocate-your-battery-trunk.html

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0806_turp_hows_and_whys_of_battery_relocation/viewall.html

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Well Bro if you really insisted to do open pod... Actually i have some idea on it.. Do something about your battery location..You can either turn the battery location to 90degrees or change to a smaller battery But powerful ones like the ODYSSEY brand... Last resort is to shift your whole battery to the car boot if you really that extreme.. But that would void your warranty i guess...

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
An expensive suspension with useless muffler
Well, they are OEM afterall. Must comply with this and that.
Play it safe so they don't have to do so much with warranty haha.

Well Bro if you really insisted to do open pod... Actually i have some idea on it.. Do something about your battery location..You can either turn the battery location to 90degrees or change to a smaller battery But powerful ones like the ODYSSEY brand... Last resort is to shift your whole battery to the car boot if you really that extreme.. But that would void your warranty i guess...
I don't think he can even manage to rotate it. And what he did to his car, warranty voided longgg ago lah ahahha

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Thx for the suggest I had settle with the open pod method, speedwork say they could done it and make sure of performance gain

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Relocate battery may be a good idea. But do not save money on this. Spend more on expensive, thick copper cables. You can take a peep at BMWs to bee how thick should a cable be if the battery is at the back. It is at least 3 times the thickness than the cable of a front battery. Having to travel a far distance, the resistance will be quite high putting extra load on the battery and reduce charging efficiency substantially. I've seen some experienced short battery life or problems to crank the engine due to not done properly. But if done properly, I think there would be no problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear ZTHians,

Where can we do those rolled fenders/flaring like this? Because this Sti Rear and front fenders are pulled and rolled to the max.

Wheels/Tires ont the Blue and red Impreza

Work Emotion XD-9 18×10 +18

dunlops sports 225.40.18

-3.8fr -4.5rr camber specs

Rear and front are pulled and rolled to the max.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience