Nokia 6600 users

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
hey guys...looks like quite a lot of zthians are using N6600. Care to share some sites/programs/etc ? and btw how do u guys up/download data to/from the phone? data cable or infrared or bluetooth? noobie here :)

thanks for sharing man...still havent got an IR yet :P
how much is IR nowadays? what about bluetooth?

i rekon bluetooth rather than IR... you can get the bluetooth device at low yat or any computer shop

bluetooth good? that day i ask a slaesman at LYP..he says IR is faster compare to Bluetooth wor..isi t?

i just bought an english version 6600. can any 6600 users tell me how can i input simplified chinese characters please?

hey guys...do u guys update the software for 6600 to be able to use the IR? mine cant seem to send anything to the comp vice versa. :(

Originally posted by XaMaX@Jul 13 2004, 12:25 AM
bluetooth good? that day i ask a slaesman at LYP..he says IR is faster compare to Bluetooth wor..isi t?
Rubbish! That fella is trying to con you.
BT is definitely faster than IR.

maverick, get a MMC reader.. it works faster than IR or Bluetooth..
u just take ur mmc card outta ya phone and plug it in the reader.. which is UBS connected to ur pc.. transfer files by copy & paste using ur computer.. its the best.. =)

Originally posted by lorens@Jul 16 2004, 04:50 PM
i just bought an english version 6600. can any 6600 users tell me how can i input simplified chinese characters please?
You need firmware upgrade.

Originally posted by lil wira boy@Jul 19 2004, 09:53 PM
maverick, get a MMC reader.. it works faster than IR or Bluetooth..
u just take ur mmc card outta ya phone and plug it in the reader.. which is UBS connected to ur pc.. transfer files by copy & paste using ur computer.. its the best.. =)
Card reader sometime will give you headache as it's different format when read from your phone.

BT is DEFINATELY faster than IR.

BT..
1. U don't need line-of-sight connection since its radio waves
2. Range can go up to 100m
3. Much faster than IR

Originally posted by g88+Jul 19 2004, 11:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (g88 @ Jul 19 2004, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lorens@Jul 16 2004, 04:50 PM
You need firmware upgrade. [/b][/quote]
Whats ur firmware? Most of the 6600 in the market now are 3.42.1 and the latest firmware is 4.09, but I don't think 4.09 supports chinese characters. Try finding some apps that read chinese characters n see.

Originally posted by XaMaX@Jul 13 2004, 12:25 AM
yeap.. Bluetooth is definately faster and the device doesnt need to be in face each other when transfering.

And with a BT headset + Mp3Player v2.13, u can play songs on the headset itself... wirelessly! :P

solve my problem already. just install the latest chinese version firmware. but the con is the menu is not english anymore.
anyway, thank you!

argh...now im having problem with the IR...cant seem to send/receive anything from my phone...how come? do i need to update my phone's software? the phone restarts itself some times when i activate the IR and put it close to the IR port. how come? headache man...should've bought the BT instead of IR...sigh but didnt have the money when i bought them...argh...tension :(

Don't think you'll need to update ur phone's somewhere...seems like something is wrong with your IR..maybe you can try updating the IR drivers..

btw did you install PC suite for 6600? U cant transfer files to ur 6600 w/o PC suite. I'm using both BT and IR w/o any problems...but for BT..you will need both side to start the connection ..PC-Phone and Phone-PC..so a bit troublesome..as for IR...activate it and it will automatically detect.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom