New Car Policy announce on Q3 2009?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

pipylim

Malaysian New Car Policy to be announce on Q3 2009?

What kind of policies will happen?

any news? any rumor?

will affect car Buyer now?
Buy now loss later
:banghead:

Last edited:
Are you referring to NAP? (National Automotive policy). Is there a "New Car Policy"?

Anyway, from what I read abt NAP in the CBT section, in the NST newspaper yesterday.
The editor himself wasn't very positive about it. Other countries in the SEA are booming with their auto industries.

seriously speaking , i wont be too surprise in coming future(20/30 yrs) , Singapore may have even more car plant than we got here ... :rofl:

as long that there is proton being massively supported by the goverment,there will be a low possibility for overseas market to boom here...cause no matter what,the G would not want its prices to be lower than a proton.

Govt may open up the market for foreign cars to compete fairly in this country, but it has to be done gradually and not immediately as more than 70% of passenger cars in msia are proton & perodua, if price of foreign cars are cheaper or similar to national cars, our current 70% market share of national car user will suffer, used car value dropped like mad resulting in economic crisis lor.....:smokin: me sure headache lor...got few proton & perodua cars in the family....:adore::rolleyes:

on the better side, it will drive our national carmaker in producing more competitive and better quality products.....

if the policy doesn't protect national carmakers anymore..surely they will sh!t brix

if not now, when la?
think about it. 60K altis, 40K suzuki swift, 50K vios. something like that :rofl:

heck, even beemers & audis gonna be a lot cheaper (if it works out & no NEW taxes are introduced) hey it's all good! :smokin:

aiyoo.. if import cars less tax... roadtax sure go up high like KL Twin Towers la... petrol also high price...parking also high price... (like japan) hahahaha.. after 5 years need to scrap.. die la.
wanna renew roadtax also need to snatch a couple of handbags edi la...
i think i just prefer what it is for now.. low roadtax.. slightly higher car prices but dun need scrap after using 5 years...

Ya...
seem the G won't let the car price so cheap...
seem it is the BIG Cake Income for our G
if the import tax reduced, then the other "Taxes" will included/increase...
so at the end... u will see not much changes
Maybe G will give some rebate for National car buyer?
P1 going to launch Waja Replacement soon (Mit Lancer)
P2 going to launch their 1st MPV soon
will this helping them?

About the roadtax & insurance...
I had read a newspaper (chinapress) few days a go...
it said the insurance MIGHT increase!
holy god!!! the rate of today insurance not cheap already... wana increase somemore?
I really hope the insurance REFER to the Buyer background and give deduction...otherwise it is really UNFAIR to those "Good" driver
:driver:

got some rumors from insurance co. 10 year old car must do inspection at puspakom before got insurance cover & road tax, dont know whether true or not this rumors..

probably they will open up the AP allocation so that more small players can come in.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom