11 Round GT Asia 2012 Calendar announced

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

AFOS

Jul 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The GT Asia Series today has announced its 2012 race calendar. The Series will head to five venues over six race weekends completing a total of 11 Rounds for its third Season after changing its name from GT3 Asia.
Malaysia will host two Events, with the Season Opener being scheduled for 25-27 May followed by two more Rounds during the Super GT on the 8-10 June weekend.

The Series will then head to Japan for three race weekends beginning at the Fuji International Speedway in July for Rounds 5 & 6 alongside Formula Nippon, before heading for two race weekends during the Super GT races at Suzuka Circuit and Autopolis International Circuit in August and September respectively.

GT Asia Series 2012 Season will once again end at the Macau GP for the Season Finale with Round 11 in November 2012.

“Our close relationships with our counterparts in Japan and the Japanese circuits have ensured that we return to beautiful Japan. This year, we will head to three of their circuits, Fuji International Speedway, Suzuka Circuit and Autopolis International Circuit and we will also run alongside two great Series, Super GT and Formula Nippon” said David Sonenscher, CEO of Motorsport Asia.

There are some very exciting rule changes that have been imposed for this year. For the first time ever, the Series is opened to Pro drivers and it has also moved away from success ballast to giving extended times at the compulsory pit stops for the fastest drivers.

“We have reviewed some concerns that were brought up by the Series drivers, over the weight the cars were carrying, during a meeting after the last race in 2011. We have discussed the changes necessary to make the Series more attractive and also safer for all involved.

“It is always an evolution and we are always looking at ways to improve the Series, especially the safety aspect for the drivers involved. There is always the inherent danger associated with racing and after the big shunt involving seven cars at last years final race in Macau, we looked at the regulations, had a meeting with the drivers and have come out with what we hope is the best solution for the Series” ended Sonenscher.

“The current level of interest in the Series is very encouraging with many calls and emails from interested participants from around the world. The GT Asia Series has come a long way from just a club event and we are proud to be associated with Motorsport Asia, to make this happen”, said Paul Yao, CEO of Supercar Club Hong Kong.

“Currently, we are already looking at how we can further expand the Series for next year, to visit more countries around Asia” Yao ended.

The 2012 GT Asia Series is supported by Graham London, Yokohama ADVAN, AutoArt, Stand21, Endless and Cody Enterprise. The Series is also supported by Official Logistic Agent IMSP.

GT Asia Series is jointly organised by Motorsport Asia and Supercar Club Hong Kong.

GT ASIA SERIES 2012 PROVISIONAL RACE CALENDAR
DATE CIRCUIT, COUNTRY ROUNDS
25 – 27 May 2012 Sepang Int’l Circuit, Malaysia (MSS) Rd 1 & 2
8 – 10 June 2012 Sepang Int’l Circuit, Malaysia (SGT) Rd 3 & 4
13 – 15 July 2012 Fuji Int’l Speedway, Japan (FN) Rd 5 & 6
17 – 19 August 2012 Suzuka Circuit, Japan (SGT) Rd 7 & 8
28 – 30 September Autopolis Int’l Circuit, Japan (SGT) Rd 9 & 10
16 – 18 November Guia Circuit, Macau (MGP) * Rd 11

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,
I've been bothered by this for quite some time, as far as I know,
ignition advance would mean moving the ignition timing further away
from BTDC and retard would be getting it closer to BTDC. After
referring to most of the maps uploaded here, I've noticed that most,
or rather all the maps that I've seen had their ignition timing
retarded. I've sent my car for dyno tune recently and the tuner
advance all the timings from 3-6deg. I gained only about 2hp with
this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience