NeedHelp: Battery Always Kong

flakesns

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Hi all, i need your help.

My car wira sedan 1.5GLi 2000 give me headache.
I had change 2 new batteries in 6 month, 2 times recharge battery.
Last time i had 2 times changes recond altenator, but the problem still not fixed. Today my new battery kong agains.
Please help me what's the real problem.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Last time my battery have this problem, i went to proton. They have a device to check whats wrong with your car..

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Check the wire connecting the alternator to your battery.
Usually it's the alternator that's not charging your battery that causes your battery life to be shorten because no charge back.
But since you mentioned you changed alternator, go back to the shop that changed your alternator and ask them to re-check. Also on the wirings.
Could be some wiring problem that is draining your battery, for instance.....car audio, amplifier etc...

flakesns

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Last time i send to proton they only said my altenator is ok. They just advice me to change to new battery. I think maybe because wiring.
Hmm.... how to d.i.y wiring? Hope someone can guide me. Thanks.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
it could be your wiring, maybe it leaking somewhere.i experoience this b4, if 2 day never start the car, the bat will kong and even im driving the voltage reading always lower than 13, it become worst when stop at trafic light, the voltage may drop to 10.
ask my foreman to detect the wiring problem took ages and it endup after i install pivot voltage stabilizer.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Wiring problem is the hardest to detect.
Wish you good luck.
But anything you installed prior to the battery problem?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
test with voltmeter/multimeter to see if voltage drop below 12v when not running.
if voltage drop below 11v something draining ur battery.

if engine running should be at least 13v (alternator working/charging)

flakesns

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
I had the performance grounding wire attached to car body and my battery. Is that may cause this problem? arghhhhh...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Check that wire to see whether it touches any live wire. That might be the cause.
But if it's grounded properly, there shouldn't be any problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifu's and ZTH members. greetings and i've been here to browse all the interesting topics all you sifu's posts. and suddenly, i was just thinking of this little project. :biggrin:

which car would be the best to modify, till it looks like a mustang? or possibly feel? but more on looks now. i know nothing beats the real thing, but, the roadtax for the real thing is just too expensive. and 2 nights ago i was browsing through the forums and i came upon a thread where i think i saw, a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience