Need opinion: Trade caldina GT4 for Fd2r @ Golf Gti

Just want to add something here.. Are u really want to buy a rn200k satria?

U should really go for FD2R, new batch of facelift have arrived in Msia, should be coming out by end of this year or early next year.

if you think of re selling.. buy the FD2R.. honda r a craze here in m'sia.. but i think u somehow made most of the decision already.. and i believe u like the golf Gti Better..

if its not about competition of speed n which is better.. its all up to your preference whether it be conti or japanese.. some ppl just like European marques better even the japs car are much faster n cheaper to maintain..

GTI for the superb gearbox and utmost handling..

FD2R for the happy free revving engine and resale value..

We only live once, i choose the GTI... ( if price is no issue)

If u could pick a german over a jap, the former is always better in terms of technology, comfort n more mature look..
Depends on the finance minister (wife) in ur family too..
Conclusion is,
its not WHAT u drive, but HOW n WHY u drive it..
Fully utilizing ur car will make u forget about the cash u spent..

oh ya...civic has damn high resale value...so many honda fanatic in msia...c those modded ek...selling like 70k even tho not ori type r....n those 2nd hand fd1 1.8 is like selling 8xk ++ onli...damnm pity....civic the longer u keep the price is going up 1

cars with strong base fan tend to have low depreciation value.. Its price go down at a slow rate.. Like the old ae86, i've seen one for sale at 35k.. Road legal year '88 car..
So depends on the buyer i guess..

wow... lots of recomendation & advice...

like i said before, yeah we are favoring the gti than the fd2r... but a small boy inside me still misses the vtec i used to own before....

well, maybe have to work harder & smarter... keep the caldina as a family ride... let the madam get her gti... and maybe got some extra to get me a fd2r...
*keep dreaming...

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

if say u r driving it daily basis then sure vote for golf gti...its auto DSG and shift faster than manual...has great interior n xterior look and its quite comfortable too

FD2R is for real hardcore petrol heads tat goes tracking every now n then...the suspension is sooo hard...imagine balik kampung o driving around malaysia road after u finish ur jap meal...mayb u'll be throwing out all those sashimi :thefinger:

that the ONLY reason why the wife reluctant wit fd2r...

u can always change the softer ride.. But then the 'typeR-ness' handling will go down the drain also.. Defeats the purpose of having the typeR in the 1st place..
But typeR is suitable for some people, coz honda-power of dreams.. Keep dreaming of owning 1.. Kekeke

i find that not everyone favour the FD2R... the ride and the cushions seems a lilltle too hard for most normal non enthusiastic car fanatic type people... but continentals.. u can expect comfort 1st..

but for honda.. i still find the S2k the best in terms of performance

I used to own a normal FD2 before.. got sick being smoked by others.. :banghead: thats why i opted FD2R..

Actually my wife told me that the suspension is not that horrible as stated by many.. & the sound coming from the exhaust is not that loud if u remains as stock.. As for cars who "cucuk" me..... well.... it depends.... hehehe..

cajun..how do u manage to convince ur wife from taking civic to another civic?!
me owning a FD2 currently and planning to upgrade to FdR..but my finance minister query me why should i go for same brand?! she does not know well about cars..for her civic is always a civic...and for me...huhuhuhu..now eying for STi or evo maybe.. what to do...:biggrin:

i find that not everyone favour the FD2R... the ride and the cushions seems a lilltle too hard for most normal non enthusiastic car fanatic type people... but continentals.. u can expect comfort 1st..

but for honda.. i still find the S2k the best in terms of performance

seeing video n driving is not the same...s2k characteristic i meant for sum1 who has good driving skill 2 bring out the potential of s2k...and from the title itself...u can c the poster is mentioning 4 door sport car

the thing about civic type r is there's too many type r wannabe out there...a lot cant c the different of converted 1 or original 1...wat more perempuan lagi tak tau...
last time my wife saw a type r civic which i was drooling for it....then she say...'wah...quite nice hor tat civic spray white n modify like tat' :rolleyes:

waaa... s2k... cannot maah... later baby where to put...RWD sumore...

but yeah, type r is famous for the high revving and the handling characteristic... and not build for comfort... that y the madam choose gti...

first thinking of getting a normal fr and later convert to fd2r... but later think... WTF...
people buy the fd2r for the whole package (engine+suspension+handling) and not for the look only...
so, convert is out of the view...

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

me owning a FD2 currently and planning to upgrade to FdR..but my finance minister query me why should i go for same brand?! she does not know well about cars..for her civic is always a civic...and for me...huhuhuhu..now eying for STi or evo maybe.. what to do...:biggrin:

first, take her for a test drive... then she know...
but, between evo & sti... better sti.. get ver 8 @ 9....
*my wife used to say that evo dash look like waja dash,...

harith curently no FDr for test drive lah..hehehehe..
sti emmm...
im not dare enough lah to use it here especially at east coast..

Buy her another car that she wants!! :biggrin:

seeing video n driving is not the same...s2k characteristic i meant for sum1 who has good driving skill 2 bring out the potential of s2k...and from the title itself...u can c the poster is mentioning 4 door sport car

the thing about civic type r is there's too many type r wannabe out there...a lot cant c the different of converted 1 or original 1...wat more perempuan lagi tak tau...
last time my wife saw a type r civic which i was drooling for it....then she say...'wah...quite nice hor tat civic spray white n modify like tat' :rolleyes:

ive never said about seeing video.. i just said for honda makes.. id prefer the S2K...although on stock the S2K would be inferior in its resume compare to the FD2R.. but its a nice FR coupe made by honda with lots of potential..

to me... id prefer to have more than 1 car.. i cannot live having 1 car to do all the needs that i want... so.. the work horse should be a sedan or sumething i can ferry people around with comfort n economy.. and my week end or night ride would be something i can play without the finance minister or anyone in da family to make noise about.. but some ppl think its a waste owning 2 cars when u can pull the resources for both cars own for a better super car.. thats why i dont mind a 2 door vehicle..

also.. i do experience similar like ur wife told.. it was when a evo7 just pass by.. i told my dad.. "thats a nice car!!":wink: but his impression was.. "whats so nice about it..?? it look like another normal sedan..":hmmmm: that was a big slap for me....

Last edited:
Top Bottom