Need help...very urgent... :-(

bobrio

Mar 12, 2009
to all the bros/sifu,
i need your help....i just change my rio 1.3 to maxda lantis b6....nw the problem is ,the rpm and km/h meter is not tele with the engine... its like overspin n because of this my O/D also not functioning and it will start blink after few meter drives....pomen said kia and mazda using different voltage...try to swap b6 lantis/lynx meter but cannot go in my dasboard..im so disappointed nw..please help me...ill be very thankful to you...:adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
did u mean the lantis V6? if dats the case, then dats just normal. the meter cluster is for a 4 cylinders an ur current engine is a 6 cylinder, so the meter cluster gets 2 extra ignition pulse per rpm, which will then show a higher rpm reading. i dont think its about the voltage supply but rather the ignition pulse. can be sorted out by a good wireman jer, pm for more detail sir, tq

bobrio

Mar 12, 2009
not V6 bro...B6(1.6)......anyway thanks for your kind reply...my rio nw drives well...im only having headache with this thing nw...any other solution???

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i heard dat the new lmst iswara tachometer is using twin pulse system to operate compared to the old ones dat use single pulse. maybe urs are facing similiar issues?

bobrio

Mar 12, 2009
yes bro..sohc to dohc...

exactly..kia use twin pulse while mazda using single pulse...any idea bro how to overcome this problem beside changing mazda speedo meter??? :adore:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u need a special circuit dat takes a pulses an convert it into two pulses, get it? try asking at the spare part shop dulu

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
example? its better u go ask first sir, i dont have any sample to show. my tacho is showing only half revv (LOL) jer now, i dont see the harm when revv seems to limit at 3200rpm on the dial, hehe.. so i havent do anything to rectify it, i guess i dont see it as a problem kot, at least not yet

bobrio

Mar 12, 2009
man..i wish my car also like that..and pls la bro dont call me sir...just call me bob....so what conversation you did to your car?and what machine you are driving?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Has anyone here managed to embed a DVR video recording camera in their car? Something perhaps like this:

The unit starts when the car is started and offs when engine is turned off.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience