Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
To me it's the seal between the rings and the cylinder wall that needs breaking in. Nothing to do with the pistons (not so much la). So to me I'd say yes - need to run in.

You forgot meh? Kajang - you traffic light standstill moved with all of us in the car using 3rd gear.

No lah! Standstill cannot. It was slowing down then traffic lights change, then take corner without gear change

Okay, guess i'll do hard break in method for 1k mileage with mineral then drain it and pour in some fresh Semi or Fully is this ok? through out the break in process i dont necessary need to complete the mileage in one shot right?

Yeah not necessary. But I'd prefer to settle it as quickly as possible though. 1k shouldn't be hard to hit. I can do it in a month max, 2 weeks min.

But 1k is just a guideline. You can change earlier about 800km or so.

Yeah not necessary. But I'd prefer to settle it as quickly as possible though. 1k shouldn't be hard to hit. I can do it in a month max, 2 weeks min.

But 1k is just a guideline. You can change earlier about 800km or so.
I'll try to put as much mileage as I could in a short period of time. I prefer it being done asap too so I can have a peace of mind.. I'll see how it goes

I'll try to put as much mileage as I could in a short period of time. I prefer it being done asap too so I can have a peace of mind.. I'll see how it goes

You got no time, lent to Izso, he can run in for you......lol:rofl:

Pay for petrol and lunch and I'll get you your 1000km in one day. Deal?

:lol:

I'm only kidding la dude. Anyway happy running in.

April 2nd DIT is coming next week. Do I have all those interested in the Whatsapp group already?

:lol:

I'm only kidding la dude. Anyway happy running in.

April 2nd DIT is coming next week. Do I have all those interested in the Whatsapp group already?

As I said earlier if nice car with power engine sure will offer one.....lol

Been browsing the net for infos and found this : http://qcwo.com/technicaldomain/iat-resistor-mods-vs-performance-modules-vs-real-chips

Does modding the Internal Air Temperature sensor really works for our kind of weather?

Sending my car this Saturday for top overhaul. I think I'm not gonna do any huge mods due to budget restriction. Will consider 2.0 parts (valves, springs, etc.) since the mechanic suggested that it will give a bit more power. PnP and head skim is not in the list due to budget. lol.

Does modding the Internal Air Temperature sensor really works for our kind of weather?

Sending my car this Saturday for top overhaul. I think I'm not gonna do any huge mods due to budget restriction. Will consider 2.0 parts (valves, springs, etc.) since the mechanic suggested that it will give a bit more power. PnP and head skim is not in the list due to budget. lol.

Modding the temp sensor like that tricks the ECU into thinking the air is denser with O2, I dunno. If say the air going in is really hot and low in O2, you trick the ECU into thinking it has a lot, then it pumps the equal ratio of fuel but don't get the bang you want, then you're just creating carbon and wasting fuel. I dunno. Worth trying since it won't do much harm.

When you do a top overhaul, the skim is compulsory. Once you remove the head it'll warp regardless of how cool the head is. Putting it back without skimming is wreckless!

Modding the temp sensor like that tricks the ECU into thinking the air is denser with O2, I dunno. If say the air going in is really hot and low in O2, you trick the ECU into thinking it has a lot, then it pumps the equal ratio of fuel but don't get the bang you want, then you're just creating carbon and wasting fuel. I dunno. Worth trying since it won't do much harm.

When you do a top overhaul, the skim is compulsory. Once you remove the head it'll warp regardless of how cool the head is. Putting it back without skimming is wreckless!

I guess the mechanic gonna skim it then since it's compulsory. Hope the semputness will be gone. For now it's still there and the car still feels heavy.

Wish the earlier sat DIY was on. I wanna try driving your car. I don't understand how 'semput' feels like

Wish the earlier sat DIY was on. I wanna try driving your car. I don't understand how 'semput' feels like

haha! the car got some lag/hesitation when accelerating. example, when accelerate from complete stop on power mode, 1st gear going to 2nd gear pulls until 5k and shift, 2nd gear to 3rd gear, rpm when up smooth until say 3.5k-4k rpm then it lags and drops to 3k and slowly climb to 5k and shift to 3rd gear. same from 3rd gear to 4th gear and once shift to 4th gear, suddenly the car shift to final gear and rpm drops to cruising level 3k+-. with aircon on, engine got a lot of pinging at 3.5k-4k. if set distributor and timing to stock, no power at all. so, had to advance the timing and distributor.

i don't know if it's the gearbox that's causing it but gearbox already overhauled. been pulling hair trying to figure out the problem. what i've done so far: gearbox overhauled, air filter changed works/simota to drop in, ISC changed and readjust TPS thrice, new iridium plugs, change pcv valve. the lag is not as serious as before after readjust the ISC and TPS and fuel consumption improved a lot but the car does feels a bit heavy tho.

latest problem after my negeri sembilan interstate driving, gearbox 1st gear slips/free if i shift to d quickly and step on the gas. maybe overheat coz it was damn hot that day and we did drove on hill and slope and i had to off my OD on downhill coz 1.5 disc not having enough grips. :banghead:

Top Bottom