My Light Covers dont love me! :(

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Need to rant.....

in 2000 i lost my passenger headlight cover whilst crossing penang bridge. Suffice to say it is now resting in some island indonesia or has gone to the bottom of the ocean and is now a part of our our underwater ecosystem.

yesterday whilst driving happily to office, the driver's side cover went flying. i saw it smashing the growing then went over by a Rexton. Goodbye 2nd cover.

I looked at whats left on my car and there is a common fracture on the clips. I hope to order them in soon and will epoxy the clips and hope it doesn't happen again.

Oh well.

:banghead:

muikit88

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
i also fly 1 b4...
tat make me wanna to change RE sleek light or angle eye replace it~

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
Feel sorry for you Dave.
How fast were you driving when the cover said bye-bye to you?
2 times already? Maybe it's a sign for 4d tomorrow? :biggrin: j/k

Things like this that makes me want to have spare for all fd3s parts.. you never know when shit happens. :banghead:

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
sorry to hear phat7,

any idea's on solving the problem besides changing the lights?

eg. clips etc?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
guys thank you for the kind words!! Ipohboy- dude i dunno how to buy numbers but its a sure bet this weekend i tell you!!

I have placed an order for both sides with japan at RM350 a piece inclusive of shipping so we'll see. Will get some pics tomorrow of the fracture points. Its sad and the car will be grounded till she gets her cover. Oh well :)

The ksp eng. headlights i have are really shitty in terms of lighting so i'm really staying away from sleek lights now. IMHO the flip lights give the best coverage.

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
sorry to hear dave. ive seen mine rather shaking abit while driving too. I had a look and found screws were used to tie em down. I think ill add further 'enforcement' to keep em intact.

saw ure car in ah choys the other day :)

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
buy 7007 :P

i had mine new one in my store with me... i'm going to do re-inforcement.. i'm wondering if epoxy helps.. i previouly used epoxy.. it feels okay... wonder if the chemical will cause it to fracture also .. no idea..
silicon glue got no strength... i'm thinking.... hot glue gun to strengthen it... as it provides quite some elastisity instead of brittle epoxy....

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
As i mentioned to Alchemis, i was lucky enough to have a set available here. I will post up pics later on how thin the plastic is on the securing points. This is a major flaw that has not been ever rectified. I suppose the cooler weather in Japan doesnt effect them but hell, here in malaysia, they can turn into a deadly projectile especially to innocent fellows behind me.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i was lucky my 1st set is still intact on my car.. but hell it looks horrible with cracked ends... rivetings etc .ahahhahhaha

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
guys thank you for the kind words!! Ipohboy- dude i dunno how to buy numbers but its a sure bet this weekend i tell you!!

I have placed an order for both sides with japan at RM350 a piece inclusive of shipping so we'll see. Will get some pics tomorrow of the fracture points. Its sad and the car will be grounded till she gets her cover. Oh well :)

The ksp eng. headlights i have are really shitty in terms of lighting so i'm really staying away from sleek lights now. IMHO the flip lights give the best coverage.
totally agree with you on this bro.
i tried to change my headlights back to stock but there seems to be a fitment prob... so i guess i will be using the sleeks till i get a nice front bumper... i suspect the current one got some gab probs near the bottom part of the headlamps... sheeesh... oh well... cheers bro...
shit does happen when u least expect it :)

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
me and dev will always say the same thing... original 99 spec bumber rocks :P it's light, it's beautiful, it's sleek. no fitment problem...
unless you can get original japanese made bumber like fujita aflux 2 or something like that then you won't have any fitment issue. else.. the rest in the market...either copied or crushed and fixed.

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks for the tip bro.
Any idea on how much one would cost? From ah choy?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
a fren of mine told me 300 last time whn his flew off...

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
300 with lights? or just the bumper alone?

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
sorry dude...was talkin abt the light covers...not so sure how much the bumper would cost...whn r u bring your car up 2 kl?

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
woow...just the light covers rm 300???

i plan to send in the car sometime early next month...need da dough to fix her up, tunggu gaji now hehe

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Phat7, that hurts but your way of description it is quite hilarious.

I still think the 7 looks nicer with this stock lights.

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
woow...just the light covers rm 300???

i plan to send in the car sometime early next month...need da dough to fix her up, tunggu gaji now hehe
alright dude...let me know whn u have the car in kl...should meet up...i just met kana yesterday n told him how i met u n stuff...haha

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
a very small world indeed...and alcohol brings us all together

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own an 98 hyndia elantra, i wanted to get an body kit for my car just to give it a new look i love my car was my first its my baby i dont wanna get rid of it but when loooking for kits all i could seem to find was an evo set and tbh its hidious. id really like to see some other options but maybe im just overpassing them would be awsome if someone could give me some guidance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience