Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Modifying Toyota Corolla SE Limited(AE92)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
looks like a school science project.. hehe :biggrin:

where's the box cover? nothing written there?
Well im unable to dismantle the cover from its mounting.So,i just take out the circuit.But the cover looks same as the autoflip relay cover.Its located on the top of the evaporator and the wire goes to the aircond unit.So,i think its something related to aircond but dono whats its function....

Last edited:
Hi guys....
I just recently bought this AE92...before this using KE70.
Now after using AE92...im in love with it because its more powerfull than my KE70.
I would like to convert it for turbo or supercharger...but for now no money :biggrin:
So for now...i wish to change the look of my car for interior and outerior.
I would like to fix a Double Din player with GPS but dono what kind of brand will suit for the dashboard.Is DLAA brand could be fixed firmly on the dashboard?
And i wish to add some bodykit such as skirtings and spoiler....what kind of bodykit would suits for my car?
Any other modification or suggestion????

I'd vote a conversion, maybe the levin 92 conversion for your front?

Haha go put a big big GT wing and canards everywhere so your car will have 5000 yeng points. Spoilers on a street driven FWD cars... :banghead:

Well im unable to dismantle the cover from its mounting.So,i just take out the circuit.But the cover looks same as the autoflip relay cover.Its located on the top of the evaporator and the wire goes to the aircond unit.So,i think its something related to aircond but dono whats its function....

mayb it's a temperature control unit.. that's a big MAYBE..

:biggrin:

just my guest it could be power steering controller or side mirror controller. for A/C controller unit, it attached with the blower/cooling coil unit.

i saw "cermin cromax" and "ionizer-clean ace" at mudah...whats the speciality of the cromax mirror and the function of the ionizer?

i saw "cermin cromax" and "ionizer-clean ace" at mudah...whats the speciality of the cromax mirror and the function of the ionizer?

Cromax mirrors are Japanese spec'd mirrors, usually brown/bronze. Other than color I have no idea what else is the difference than normal glass :rofl:

hi, all bro...is your extra 2 meter is looks like this 1?

Attachments

• 228324_1709054841348_1087400852_31453056_6003779_n.jpg
    228324_1709054841348_1087400852_31453056_6003779_n.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 245

The function of Ionizer clean ace is to filtered the air in the cabin to be free from dusts and smells i.e cigarette smoke..ideal for smokers.If non smokers also ok coz it makes air in the cabin more healtier...my 2 kupang knowledge

if ae92 use long meter , the original meter wiring nid 2 cut sambung ???

my one is using 5A head with complete set wiring.
there is different socket at behind of meter.
so i think there is need if you want to convert from ori carburetor meter to long meter 1

My SE nowadays got this problem sometimes.
Certain parking areas the ground wont be in straight condition.
When the car parked a bit tilted to up or down at the front side,sometimes the car cannot start.
Anybody face the similar problem?
What would be the rootcause?

When the car parked a bit tilted to up or down at the front side,sometimes the car cannot start.

i suspect this is a 2e 1.3 ee90 right?? my car had this problem also...the fuel system is jam..usually the fuel filter or fuel pump...but i did a throughout clean and ask the foreman clean the fuel tank..you would be surprise all the 'rubbish' found in the fuel tank over the years...hahaha..i found sand particles on the bottom of my fuel tank..lol

i suspect this is a 2e 1.3 ee90 right?? my car had this problem also...the fuel system is jam..usually the fuel filter or fuel pump...but i did a throughout clean and ask the foreman clean the fuel tank..you would be surprise all the 'rubbish' found in the fuel tank over the years...hahaha..i found sand particles on the bottom of my fuel tank..lol
My engine is 4AF 1.6 AE92.Almost the same....i suspect something problem with the fuel system but not sure....thanks for the info :biggrin:

check ur fuel pump..

if u r using EFI engine but the fuel pump is a carburetor one, u'll face this problem..

this info is from my mechanic la.. i'm not a mechanic.. hehe..

check ur fuel pump..

if u r using EFI engine but the fuel pump is a carburetor one, u'll face this problem..

this info is from my mechanic la.. i'm not a mechanic.. hehe..

Its impossible for this to happen.

hi bro...im a newbie ere...im using AE92 for the past 1 year...i reli luv de car alot...hope can learn some modifications technique from u all...tq

Carburator pump at the firewall next to the fuel filter...try changing it to new one....the fuel pump just give it couple knock2, than try to start....just trying to help.....

My 4AF(carburator) engine got idling problem....sometimes the rpm went high n sometimes low.Whats the problem?

Second case,when the A/C is ON n the rpm goes 2000 n above,can hear a some kind of relay clicking sound....whats the sound actually n whats its function?

Third case,after a long driving on 120 km/h on highway...when reach the tol.....after free the gear....engine immediately will stop....dono whats wrong.Anyone experience like this on ur SE?

Last edited:
I suspect there is something wrong with your carb.. ( question 1&3 )
Do a proper tune up on the carb and see any difference.. I had the same problem like you before, after speeding or accelerating hard and lift off the accel quickly, RPM will drop down to around 600RPM and going to die.. Also when I'm taking off at a traffic light ( normal speed ), the engine would die off and the RPM will drop to 600RPM, sometimes lower..

All I did was find a good mech to tune my carb properly and everything was smooth, even my engine sounds quieter.. my previous mech didnt do the timing and carb adjustments properly, so its important to find a good mech..

Sorry cant help with question 2..

Bro hachiroku,thanks for the info.

So guys need some info regarding engine oil.What type of engine oil is better for SE Limited?
(For example type:synthethic or semi synthethic,sae number and brands)

I got ae92 long meter,so just thinking want to change my stock to this long meter.
I want to try fix it myself since no time for workshop.Isit PnP or need to do some modification?

Last edited:
Top Bottom