mitsubishi 6A10 1.6 V6 engine...

You read it wrong bro, unless you think 1.6 is the smallest engine! well, in some mivec forums,they also said that 143kw on crank is not real.

4g93 is out of question. And it also 1.8 while we talking about 1.6 vs 1.6 here.Why dont u mention 4g92 instead? eventho u mention it, but it halfcut is more expensive, maintainance also lots higher.

about kerinchi thing, even so it is lancer...should be better than satria right? so it doesnt matter la..hahahhaha

btw, what about 6a10's original car? its bigger than wira? heavier? whats different between it and wira? or maybe because you driving 6a10 with crap setup that made it understeer.

Last edited:
Huh? I read wrongly? I just quoted what you said nia... =Þ
Most mivec owners I know stock standard dynoes around 130hp+ on wheels... so that has definitely got to be higher than a 6A10, needless to say. Honda's B16A, B16B... those dyno-ed quite accurate to manufacturer's spec... i believe B16B to be the most powerful 1.6 engine.

edit:
Oh... and btw... MIVEC maintanence not high also... maintainance is just like any other 4-inline engine la. Since when mivecs became a high maintanence engine wan?!?

6A10 with crap setup? hahaa... maybe... u never know... =) Think the setup I tried on was with GABs, if i remember correctly... GAB adjustables of course, not the cheap absorbers. Another thing is, i don't think u can find specifically a setup made specially for the 6A10 wira, therefore the best you could go for is an EVO setup which equally has a heavy front. Wonder which engine is heavier, 4G63 or 6A10... i think it should be the 6A10.

Yes.. i do believe the 6A10 came originally from the Lancer. But thats stock standard car maa... to cater for the general public.... the one who's going to drive it as it is, not mod a thing to it, and sell it the day they decide to buy another car. In our case, we're into cars and performance... otherwise the idea of transplanting engine won't even cross our minds laaa.

Overseas cars are so cheap... price difference from one spec to the other has a small significance only... therefore they buying car, is like we choosing halfcut like that. Those people who particularly want the V6 engine will go for the 6A10 lancer lor... memang they'll know maintanence is higher, fuel consumption might not be as good as the other options, performance might not be as good, handling might not be as balanced... but they still wanna buy. If he's a performance enthusiast, then he'll most likely go for an EVO straight (mahems... why evo in m'sia so expensive!??!). Therefore its safe to assume the 6A10 owners are not performance enthusiasts... and probably more than half of these people have never driven past 140km/h before...
If u fall in this category, then maybe u won't mind the higher maintanence for the slightly more 'exclusive' feel of having a V6 engine, different from most... then maybe u wouldn't mind the lousy handling or heavier front imbalance... maybe you wouldn't mind that a 4G93 is faster than you... but these kinda people would never have the idea of transplanting an engine cross their minds. Therefore, we do not fall in this category.

If you're going to transplant an engine... its probably because u blew ur engine and u're gonna have to drop in the same engine again... an engine kosong la... (like my friend who had his black oil leak out and his engine internals jammed)... or u're in search for something better.
I'm not like super-anti 6A10 or anything.... but given the option, i'd go for something better and i'd strongly advice everyone else to do the same too. Unless of course u're extreemly obsessed over a V6 engine, then go ahead lor.

Last edited:
I love V6 engine coz their engine sound, and their exhaust sound. And the best is, smooth driving. When cruising at 110kmh, suddenly got car infront of you..you just release the pedal, give signal (make sure u look back 1st!) then hit the pedal back. The car will go on without any hesitation. Not at superspeed la but there's no engine roaring sound or what so ever (sound like you pump more fuel but engine take sometime to burn it). Thats the best feature of V6. Pickup wise, I agree..it suck. But the advantage is only known to someone who enjoy cruising. I got enough money to transplant to E3 but after I tested 1 of my friend's car.I think it suck. You understand now what I mean? but still, lancer 6a10 got nearly same body with Wira heheh! :P and Malaysian GAB = suck. Better go for Monroe Reflex + Eibach pro kit.

arih,
Thats why i said its adjustable... not the cheap absorbers... i don't think they're local... =Þ Then again, i'm not sure... i never really asked. Hahaa...

Dun lie laaa... ur one turbo pick up where got suck... shiok got la.

Last edited:
i agree with alvin24,

most ppl go for 6A10 is because of the sound ..
FC, a L4 will defenately be better than a V6.
Handling, V6 is much more heavier and contribute to understeer (FF cars)
Mod-ability, 4G91 can get most mod parts from 4G92 or 93 .. cheaper compare to perdana's parts.
Maintainence, defenately a 4G91 is cheaper.
Pickup - 4G91 due to its lighter weight .. better power to weight ratio.
High Speed Crusing - 6A10 benefit from its V6 smoothness.. while 4G91 will vibrates more i believe.

so, my opinion .. for city driving .. daily use... 4G91 is still a better choice.. if u wan the sound and can bare the maintainence and slighly higher FC .. 6A10.

yahhaha alvin24, u're right...syiokk ooo :)
K3nnYkl82, yap..fc for 6a10 is bad..but well, if stock condition 6a10 more powerful. But if mod, sure 4g91 win la..lotsa mech. expert in 4 cylinder more than 6.

not juz lots of mech. good in 4 cyclinders car .. also lots of performance parts for 4G91 compare to 6A10

Hmm... after reading so much i would like to say that i dun think any human can beat the "law of physics". Giving extra load, weight or force on the front of a FF does makes it understeer more than usual. Regardless wat setup the natural tendency to go understeer is stil there.

N i dun tink jus using the body weight as comparison can justify everything. I believe engineers in Mitsubishi does calculate from every aspects b4 making a complete car (that has the minimum risk as possible). But we jus transplant the engine w/out any proper calculation. Although Mitsubishi n Proton shares same platform for certain cars but stil there will be some differences.

Bout the performances i hav ntg to say. I've nvr driven a 6A10 in lancer, wira, satria or perdana. Canot compare....

K3nnYkl82, well...I still said V6 designed for cruising! if not evo would be V6 setup already.
Kher, do you see any different between Wira Sedan and Lancer 6a10 sedan?

Last edited:
arih,
yeap.. agree with u .. V6 is design for crusing .. V6 engine doesnt even need balance shaft !!... while L4 engine needs 2 balance shaft if not mistaken .. to stablize the engine .. if not sure vibrates a lot...
but my choice... 4G93 ... :P .. coz im having 1 .. lolz... good torque .. good response... hehe

arih,
yeah... almost nobody knows how to setup a good V6 engine. Last time my friend still using his V6 that time... wanted to get adjustable campulleys (if i'm not mistaken, can use arospeed for 4G93 ones)... but then ask every workshop all also say dunno how to tune !! hahaha...
In the end, gave up, sold the engine and plonk in the EVO... coz' he looking for power mah... different case. But i everyday also scold him sohai for selling off the V6 engine... so nicee to drive!! Want power go buy another car like a satria or a wira to plonk in the evo la... perdana so heavy...!! hahaha... and was such a nice cruiser!

Do you know some mech need only 3 hour but some need even longest I heard 1 full day ooo to change V6 timing belt..

wow, 3 hours thats fast..! .

few days ago i send my car to change timing belt... whole day~ .. 11am to 7pm!..
but then i change water pump, change throttle body ... and i took the valve cover to another place to spray color .. thats why so late.. hehe

If u go to those private workshops... sure fast wan.

If u go proton edar, confirm full day wan !
Even change spark plugs also they take more than half a day.

they have to find spannar - 2 hours... find screw driver.. after 1 hour.. baru dapat, coz he forgot he shoved it up his ass.. dat's y got lots of attitude.. .so change dis change that... kautim oledi.. no time to change engine oil... but in d reciept, consider changed and charged... so u go home... happily, but later, engine burnt... hooraayy proton!! 7 hours for nothing

arih said:
the 6A10 engine manages to output 140 hp (104 kW) @ 7000 rpm in stock condition.

Available in the Mitsubishi Lancer (Mitsubishi Lancer: the mitsubishi lancer is a compact automobile built by mitsubishi motors corporation....
[follow hyperlink for more...]) MX in 1992, this engine was once the most sought after engine for modification in Japan. In 1994, the Kotsumi's brothers from Kanagawa, Japan, managed to turn the 1.6 litre engine into a 'little monster' able to produce 430 bhp (320 kW) @ 6000 rpm without a forced induction system.

source : http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/reference/mitsubishi_6a1x_engine1

Ok ...i am wondering where the mitsubishi engineers hide their faces when they anounce that the smaller bro , the 6A10 could produce 140hp while the elder bro the 6A12 only producing 150hp. when the 2 engines supposed to share the same design n config . Using linear iteration , 1.6 / 2.0 X 150hp = 120hp. Mitsu really overrate this 6A10 baby . And do not forget that the 6A12 might be overated in the 1st place.

" 1.6 litre engine into a 'little monster' able to produce 430 bhp (320 kW) @ 6000 rpm "

this is a nice 1 ...430hp @ 6000rpm without force induction ? Most of us here knew that the higher the RPM , the higher the Horsepower , assuming the torque is held constant . Thats y , F1 engines produces loads of horses at 18-20k RPM . Ok about the brothers ...if they could produce 430hp from a 1.6 , what could they do with a 3.0 ? 3.0/1.6 X 430hp = 806.25hp ...WOW ..i think thats alot more than any F1 engines during that time . Even Minardi's a couple of years back were running a lil shy of 800hp . This 2 bro's must be God sent ..... and at 6k rpm only , Imagine what could they do if the engine could rev to 18k rpm like the F1 engines .... 430hp X 3 == WOW 1290hp .......Hmm ...this engine for sure aint running on otto cycle anymore .....any out there know what cycle it could be running on ? LoL

its proven from dyno, 6a12 V6 on perdana vary from 130-160hp ON WHEEL stock. (I said 130-160 coz there was bulk perdana dyno last 2 or 3 years..)

:emoticon_U:

perdana 6A12 stock can put 160hp on wheels ? for its auto tranny , it would mean that it is putting almost 200hp on engine d. I think that perdana shd already hav high-cams and other goodies d ler..

my H22a manual also not able to put 160hp on wheels

yo Hartge, sorry..checked again with my friend..that near 160hp was S4 with some mods, not 6a12. Highest 6a12 that I know stock (No internal mods), only with safc 4 button,speedwork extractor,piping+muffler was 150+.Factory stock highest was 142.BUT dunno why, some guys with KNN,Apexi dual funnel also didnt get that figure.Lowest was 120+.Again, sorry...my bad..should check 1st.Im getting rusty oo.Dont flame me aa..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom