Max speed?

If Toyota do not quote a 220km/h top speed for the Altis, why would you believe that it would actually do that kind of speed?

Just because it's stated on the speedometer doesn't mean that the car will actually do it. Dig out your spec sheets and be happy if it will even do that.

I find it interesting that someone who claims to have a 740Li would be on this forum.

I find it even more interesting that someone who claims to have a 740Li would be so interested in how fast an Altis 1.8 can go.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Probably to much stress at the hospital & a new bie to forums.

Im gonna chill out & relax .......thanks for your advice.

Regards!

Yezinki......why hospital??...u worked there or u warded there??

btw, Cannon; that kinda remarks not that friendly yeah........we're all car enthuiast so whoever is interested in cars can basically join. Not necessary those who joins is a pro. I for one is not a pro in car stuffs; thats why am here to learn.

I give my input and also recieve inputs from others.......so pls all just shake hands and be friends.....no need to be that hostile.

Hello there,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Again I don’t wanna boost but since you asked.....am a medical doctor.....a Clinical Neurologist.<o:p></o:p>
I’m so interested in Altis coz it’s my first time ever owning one. I have a few cars apart from that like said earlier a bmw 740 LI, a Merc E400 etc<o:p></o:p>
I am a very open & friendly guy.....I don’t get at any one for no reason.<o:p></o:p>
Plus as far as cars & forums are concerned am a newbie lol.<o:p></o:p>
Regards!<o:p></o:p>

wow.....something to do with nerves and brains right??
anyway, good luck on trying out ur new Altis....mayb u could be the first to inform us the max speed u can go.
but take my sugesstion; post it in Toyota Thread, cos for sure u know they are driving toyotas.
http://zerotohundred.com/newforums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

I'm friendly when someone is friendly......cheers

Yep you are correct.......Bull's eye.........Brains, Nerves & Muscles.

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts!

Take care,

Regards!

Yezinki said:
Hello there,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Again I don’t wanna boost but since you asked.....am a medical doctor.....a Clinical Neurologist.<o:p></o:p>
I’m so interested in Altis coz it’s my first time ever owning one. I have a few cars apart from that like said earlier a bmw 740 LI, a Merc E400 etc<o:p></o:p>
I am a very open & friendly guy.....I don’t get at any one for no reason.<o:p></o:p>
Plus as far as cars & forums are concerned am a newbie lol.<o:p></o:p>
Regards!<o:p></o:p>
Cool...!!! yeh...!!!

ppl tought u wanna know whats the max speed they ever drove... maybe could be more detail in ur question in future...

welcome 2 the club... we r frenly if others r frenly (as boon said)

peace bro

ohh....since ur new to forums also....let me give u anuther advice....
many a time; ppl just barged in based on the topic that was listed. So without looking at the first post; they could go babling about the topic as they have interpereted.

It's more often common when the topic is popular and has gone into many pages.....I know I do that so often; so basically you'll find topics usually goes way side and become less related when the pages grows........

Happy modding and happy forum-ing........

boon:
the nismo march meter ends at 180km/h... the car is really stable as i didn't even realize it hit 180km/h... my slow poke satria is really a slow poke la... it takes quite sometime to reach that speed... getting old already, after speeding.. balls went up to my throat and once i got out of car whole body trembling like having a spasm/parkinson disease... heheh..

haha.....usually the best mod is not on how fast ur car can go........
it's how fast to get to the max speed ur car can go...............
kekekeke.........

feel free to correct me...........haha

BHP is your engines capability to produce heat. Torque is the engines capability to do work. So BHP is your engines capability to produce RPM and torque is how fast your engine can get to that RPM.

BHP = (Torque*RPM)/5252

BHP is speed....a fist moving at 20kmph by a 30kg kid is nothing but a fist moving at 20kmph by George Foreman is something to avoid. Makes sense?

haha....like ur explanation lar Sham.....but I think wrong example ler.......

for your case on fist travelling at 20km/h.....errrrr.....doesn't both still travels at the same speed? But if the 30kg kid can reach 20km/h faster than george foreman, meaning to say the kid would probably hit George first.
But of course whether or not the impact is there or not we can't comment lar......

It should always be the combination of touque and horsepower. Sometimes I just can't listen to ppl bragging about how much horsepower the car had........I know it's impressive, but just doesn't impress me. What if u could only generates big horsepower at 9kRPM......are u going to consistently laying your feet on the pedal to maintain at 9kRPM?! (just an example yeah.......) sorry if offended anyone. Just expressing my view.

Boon...dont get me wrong....was talking about velocity not acceleration. Velocity means both fist has reached 20kmph and are travelling at that constant speed.....but Foreman would have more power at the receiving end....also if they need to accelerate the fist to reach 30kmph.....Foreman would have more work in him to reach there faster than the kid...this makes a better statement i think....

so far i try is 180kmh on my stock vios....that time i want tail gate a sentra 2004 model...and a perdana tail gate me ...hehe...still got alot more to go but the sentra is not going faster then that...i still have not feel scare yet...may be i use to that speed...haha

another concern would be the road that we are driving. if driving 200km/h on big 2 or 3 lanes road, then that is just no scary feeling. but if trying 200km/h in narrow one lane road just enough for one car to move through, and having fence at the side, won't you feel more scary?

this is from my experience driving on highway at 110km/h, in which after sometimes i will feel bored and feel slow. and it leads to stepping more than the speed limit un-conciously. and wooops...i have to release the accelerator.
where as, if i step up to 110km/h in the city roads, i'll feel very alert as the things at the sides are moving fast and influence our brain reflex.

so, to get to higher speed in city roads, require alot of guts and handling techniques.

cheers.

Top Bottom