Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Yeah, Rooney form been up n down lately... Strange for him too as he used to b ManUtd main man... Everybody is looking up to him to perform 'Magic', but he doesnt for most of de games in de 1st half of de season... Hopefully he can rise his game at de right timing n help MU to secure more points!!! :_:

And my guess is tht Chelshit wil hv some difficulty when they face Villa away on 01/01/07... Villa defence been pretty good n tight... Their manager wil do everything to stop their current bad runs... Chelshit better pray tht no 1 crop kao Dog-bar legs during this cramp period, if someone did tht... No one gonna score for them dy... What's with Terry? Serious or minor injury??? Anyone kind to update me? Thx!

Terry's been struggling with some recurring back injury.

He's their rock along with Makelele and without these guys, Chelsea aren't half the team they are. This season, Drogba goes into the list as well. Terry, Makelele and Drogba are their backbone.

si|verfish said:
Gti; it is just that they are off form. Ronnie is the only one consistently performing. Startling when you consider the type of player he is.

Rooney has been lacklustre of late. But then he has been blowing hot and cold this season. I wouldn't think he has any problems with his injury. A couple of games back when he was performing, he didn't have any such problems and given what we know about Rooney, he's not that kind of lad either. He's as tough as they come.

Giggsy always has bursts of good form followed by mediocrity. All throughout his entire career. But we just stick with him for his moments of brilliance. Same with Scholesy. Lucky that his form maintained.

Park just came back from injury. We can't be expecting too much.

Saha did a lot of good work. But he can't do everything by himself.

By the looks of it, it isn't too bad. We've only got 2 attackers who are on song. Once another one gets back into the rhythm, then we'll get back to our attacking ways. That said, it does show that we need able backup, for those times when our big guns are misfiring.

BTW, I have been very disappointed with Rooney this season. For someone who has been entrusted to spearhead our team, his performances have been mediocre overall. A few flashes of brilliance are not enough. I know he tries hard and give 100% everytime, even when he isn't playing good, but that isn't what we need of him. That's what we expect of guys like Fletcher and O'Shea. Not one of the most talented players in the squad. We need him to influence games.

With regards to Chelsea; yeah they are escaping from a lot of tight situations. Some say they are lucky. I say they made their own luck. We know Chelsea are resilient, Fergie said as much. And that said, we aren't doing too bad ourselves, cos' we've been getting results when we haven't delivered as well. The loss against the Hammers was a wake up call. We need to take our chances.

On the whole, I think we've been rather lucky. Long may it continue.

yah...i have to agree that Rooney had been a big let down so far this season...
he has not been performing up to expectation but nonetheless his strike rate has been quite satisfactory...don;t you agree?
my only concern has been that we have been over reliant on ronaldo for tha past few games.We can't do that if we genuinely want to challenge for the title.Ronaldo will not be able to perform like that week in week out

And our bench is very light weight.There;s no one that we can rely on if we wanted to change the course of the game.

Zephr: I was playing CM2007 and i jus won the treble on my 3rd season....
hahahaha how nice if it's real life hor? everyone will have heart attack too...

Silver,

Thx for de info... But back injury can b pretty serious if Terry doesnt hv enough rest... 1 more 'bang' at de right place, i think he can stay in de Hospital for mths liao... Dangerous...

SAF gonna make another bid or enquiry abt O. Hangreaves come Jan... But it seem de German r very firm on de decision... Mmm... Not sure David Gill can make this transfer happen in de Jan not... Looks like onli O.Hangreaves been mentioned, no other players gonna come in in Jan le... Sigh!!!

Gti; yeah...Rooney's returns in terms of goal count has been alright. But they came in spurts. I won't mind if he doesn't score, so long as he takes control of proceedings. It is like Ronaldinho, Barca don't rely on him to score, they rely on him to create, to make things happen. We expect the same from Rooney.

Right now, Ronnie seems to be doing that along with Scholesy. They have been the 2 main reasons why we are at the top of the league.

Storm; apparently the Germans have softened their stance on Hargreaves. They have said that if they could find a suitable replacement for Hargreaves, they would be willing to let him go. Although, it isn't much, it shows that they are ready to do business unlike previously.

Yeah, hopefully it can happen in Jan... If not v hv to stay with Scholesy with Flecther or Carrick with Flecther if either 1 of Scholesy n Carrick is out injure like now... LoLzzzzzzzz.... It wil b good for Flecther to hv more games under his belt... But de thing is he jus cant perform consistently on few occasion when he hv de chances to do so... Jus a worry from me...

Another Q here, if O. Hangreaves is able to come to MU in Jan, how long it wil take him to play his 1st game... Hvnt really got de info on his injured leg lately... Hv he fully recover from tht??? Start to practice n training now???

Stormvolution 9 said:
Yeah, hopefully it can happen in Jan... If not v hv to stay with Scholesy with Flecther or Carrick with Flecther if either 1 of Scholesy n Carrick is out injure like now... LoLzzzzzzzz.... It wil b good for Flecther to hv more games under his belt... But de thing is he jus cant perform consistently on few occasion when he hv de chances to do so... Jus a worry from me...

Another Q here, if O. Hangreaves is able to come to MU in Jan, how long it wil take him to play his 1st game... Hvnt really got de info on his injured leg lately... Hv he fully recover from tht??? Start to practice n training now???
Last I heard, he has started training. So, if all goes well he should be able to play in January of Feb. Then again, it was a broken leg. Our own Smithy is still struggling for fitness. But that may be down to lack of games.

Oh yeah, Smithy hv become de forgoten man lately... Really hope tht he can make a successful come back... Would luv to see him go into a match n start kicking opponent again soon... Cos for Smithy kinda injury, mentally he need to overcome it as soon as he can get back onto de field... Jus hope tht he can join de squad again soonest n help to contribute whatever he is capable during this buzy period!!! From de MU web, de special speed program hv been working well for him n he has been very concentrating n hardworking on them.... Come on Smithy!!! V r waiting for u to come back ya~~

Silver, what do u think of tonite game?

yea, itz kinda gives me the creep to see players breaking their legs... itz a mental trauma as u all had mentioned... not an ez thing to get over wit it.

there some players whom career ended prematurely bcoz of such injuries... lets home Smith isn't one of em.

Leg breaks aren't too bad nowadays with the advances in medical treatment. I know it looks bad (Smithy's looked excruciating) but broken bones are easier to mend than ligaments, especially if it is a clean break and there are no displaced bones or splinters. And a lot of players now are recovering and doing well even after cruciate ligament injuries. Our own Ruud, Keano and Ole being fine examples.

The most important is that they get great first aid right after the injury so that there aren't any other complications.

Oso Our Wesley Brown too... He once injured his ligament too... With Keano backing him all de way, now he is back to his best too... Hope W. Brown do hv more chances to play in de team... He has been de fringe player for yrs now, jus affraid tht one day he might decided to leave de club for more football... He once been dubbed as de 'Next Pallister' when he came out from de youth set up... What u guyz think abt him? Do u guyz rate him well?

Brown is good, but he need someone more experience to play along side him n guide him play... If u play him with O'Shea or Silvestre in de middle, 100% u wil got heart attack everytime opponents attack... But when he play along side Ferdinand, he can b very good n strong...

I prefer Silvestre to play on de side (Left) more... Yeah... hahaha... Mr. Heart Attack!!! :_: He can b very good at crossing... His pace oso wil make him good at de wing back position... Too bad tht he oredi ask for permission to leave de club soon...

Last edited:
Brown is good. Just too similar to Ferdinand and Rio isn't going to get benched soon. Him and Vidic is a solid combo and I don't see that changing unless (touch wood!) something happens to either of them.

Silvestre is fast and does well attacking wise. But he can have lapses in concentration that are scary (actually many of our defenders do).

I think the starters for our defence is pretty much set unless there is a drop in form or something. It would be Gary, Rio, Vidic, Evra (or Heinze). The rest has to wait in line unfortunately. Evra could do well as a left winger though. And so Heinze and Silves could be selected for leftback. Brown has to wait his turn at either RB or CB.

Brown used to be my fav
He is the type of player who jus grin his teeth and get the job done
Head to the ground and play with all his heart
but the cons bout him is that he lacks confidence.
If he can be more aggresive and more confident...he can be as classy as Vidic or Ferdinand.
He needs to make his presence felt.
Technical wise...he's up there among the best...

But i really dun see him break the combination of Ferdinand and Vidic.
Perhaps his only hope is to be the next in line for the place of neville.
Right back is where he started his career so imressvely against Bayern.
Any bell ringing? :regular_smile:

Correct me if i'm wrong. Wes Brown holds the record in England for being a player to be called up to England squad after playing the least amount of games for his club. I can't remember the exact figure but it was something like 19 games for the senior Man Utd squad.

But of coz Theo Walcott nearly broke the record with 0.

I think is Brown puts his head into it, he could be Gazza's successor. He's certainly not lacking in talent and physical ability. It would be good for him to hone his attacking skills so that he can slot in at RB when required. That way, when Gazza finally calls it a day, he'll be taking over. Rio is in his prime, Vidic is just getting there. Brown will be a backup at best the way this current combo is going. So making the RB his own isn't half bad. And when required, he could also be deployed at CB.

Another great win for us. Unfortunately we couldnt keep the clean sheet. I dont blame silvestre though. They should have kicked the ball forward instead of passing around near the penalty box. Ronaldo does it again. Solskjaer scored again. And Rooney is just plain unlucky. He could have scored a hat-trick

And what a result at stamford bridge !! Woohooo reading r0ck.

p/s: Still wondering what ronaldo haters gotta say now

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom