Maintenance: Just change my Air-Filter

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
I changed my Air-Filter after I came back from Mr.Lee warehouse. :biggrin:
But I realise few different thing between my old and new air filter.

dartango, I know, K&N is the answer :biggrin: , but I want to try to use the stock for the time being, coz just change other thing that day. Haha

Packaging

Part No for RD1 Air-Filter (shall be the same with RD2 and GK)

Packaging with korean word

Ok, after reading the packaging, work still
Took the old Air-Filter out, spotted something different

Side-by-side comparison, this is not optic illusion, my old air-filter is smaller than the new 1. (Top)

Bottom

And then i realise few differences between the 2,
a) not Centre support bar for the old 1

b) No part no. printer on old air-filter

C) no side marking

air-filter is more or less a industry standard, so my old air-filter might be a immitation or air-filter for other car.

I haven't drive the car on street after I change the air-filter, so can't tell the different now.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
and guys, 1 zth (kangyoon20, with 7 good iTrader records) seller having K & N Promotion Sales now.

you guys can check his thread.
RM225 for RD1, RD2 and GK drop-in air-filter (Part No 33-2753, comes with cleaning kits). It's cheap I believe.
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=113115

Get yourself a try, dartango (from HMS) and wengfhai (from james) using it right now If I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Yup..Good price. Price is without Air Filter Recharger Kit (Inquired few months ago & can get at RM60 @ Speedworks). If you travel to Spore, can get even cheaper S$90 (Air Filter) & S$20 (Air Filter Recharger/Cleaner Kit) from Speedworks Spore.

wwshyue

Known Member
Apr 9, 2006
BS,
I changed mine right after i reach home....
your old filter is really dirty le.....mind can still see some white suface...yours totally black.....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Yu911 said:
BS, saw ur battery liau, have u notice the price printed on the battery? & how much u got it?
The price printed shall be RM318, and i got it for ......... RM100

*cabut*

sorry, hijack your battery

*cabut far far*
hahahaha, Ah Min never tell me you are interested with the battery also.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
dartango said:
Yup..Good price. Price is without Air Filter Recharger Kit (Inquired few months ago & can get at RM60 @ Speedworks). If you travel to Spore, can get even cheaper S$90 (Air Filter) & S$20 (Air Filter Recharger/Cleaner Kit) from Speedworks Spore.
dartango, you mean the RM225 doesn't come with this? wah, then the post very misleading leh.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
wwshyue said:
BS,
I changed mine right after i reach home....
your old filter is really dirty le.....mind can still see some white suface...yours totally black.....
wwshyue, trust me, it look even worst if I didn't turn on the camera flash and change the contrast on the old filter pic.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
BS, K&N AirFilter (RM225) is without Cleaner Kit (RM65). You may want to read the mssg again. It is clearly stated.

wengfhai_5889

Known Member
Oct 28, 2005
Ate my air filter

My HKS air filter.. suck up in the engine larz..
hahaz.
well.. if u were using those better check it up more often..luckily it doesn;t cost my engine overhall
hahaz..
going to get my self that a new air filter soon hahaz

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
wengfhai, can describe further the "air filter suck up" incident?

acbc, oic, you wanna share air filter? :biggrin:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
I heard there are cases of the sponge in the HKS filter got suck out bits by bits after long usage and when into the manifold and engine. Damage caused? you can imagine what already.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I just recently acquired the 97' Citroen ZX Volcane 2.0i (5 door, not the 16v model) from my dad as I gave him a more comfortable car for his age.

He has maintained the car to a certain extent (still runs on full synthetic without leaks and still able to reach 200km/h easily), however he has neglected the brakes/suspension/chasis part of the car, I also noticed he just drives over potholes, humps and bumps without care and I'm sure the arm/suspension is in poor shape.

Usually...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience