Maintenance: Front stabilizer bar

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Remember the "Dog-bone" (Front stabilizer bar) that Mr.Lee show us?

I change it 2 months ago, here is the pic to share, left and right.

You don't need to change it unless your mech advice you to do so, the syndrom of this loose "Dog-bone" is your steering wheel is very shacky when you run over some uneven road surface, for example, 1 Utama new wing parking lot entrance. But your steering wheel remain stable when you travel at high speed.

Sorry, dirty pic. :biggrin:

Macpherson Struct.

Last edited:

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
I have that symptom!

how much for the bone ah?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
cow, you try to give Mr.Lee a call. :biggrin:
i left my bill at home, I can only get back to you on my purchase price this weekend.

btw, many components may contribute to steering shacky thing, part of mine is because i add in spacer. Things get better after i change the front stabilizer bar.

dartango

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
I thought the "front-stabilizer bar" is installed around the engine bay.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
I had it change on my coupe also on the dog-bone. now the ride is firm and good. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Am a little new here.

I'm bringing in a 1973 Corvette into Malaysia which is pretty rusted out on the body panels and chassis.

1. I need to sand down the rust, re-weld , add a cross-member, sandblast, and spraycoat the chassis. Does anyone know who can do this?

2. I will also need to put on NEW drivetrain, suspension & coils, and brake systems to the chassis. It does not need to be the original GM parts, but can be aftermarket brands (e.g. brembo). Basically...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience