Suspension parts for Proton

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Hi there,

Do your guys have problem with ur proton satria suspension. problems like sound when go over uneven roads..

My ride is 10yrs old and hell is making lot's of sound when go over uneven road. I went to garage and it cost me Rm1K++ to have a new suspension. To get back the new car feel.

I wonder what parts do you guys normally change.. for example

1. lower arm front and rear
2. upper arm front and rear
3. ARB bushes front and rear
4. Shocks front and rear
5. Engine mounts
6. Dog bone
7. ?????
8. ?????

Please advise

cheers,

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Since your car is 10 yrs old I suggest you change all the suspension rubber bushes on the car and maybe your dampers are tired.

engine mounts too.

basically what you listed.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
about the absorbers..u shud change it if its "hard".
coz if the absorbers becomes hard its actually spoilt in away.
check ur shox..push ur car down and see if it comes up ones and IF it bounces..then u change it.other than that u can rule out the shox as one of ur factors for an uncomfortable ride.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
around 1k plus for all four wheel`s complete arms change would be best...plus shocks...man it is a 10 years old ride...what do you expect???my car was driven everyday for the past 8 years...and i change the whole front and rear arms with absorber...it was worth the cost...i get the same handling as the new cars...and i dont need to change cars...SAVES MY MONTHLY BILLS RATHER THAN BUYING A NEW MYVI!!!take care dudes...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
btw,if can look out for recond units.maybe cheaper.ori proton stuff...as u all know is farking xpensive.

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
thx for all ur reply. well here got another month of roti + air kosong

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
noise reduction

u shud also check on ur rear axle bushes(left n right,get them to PUMP in the new bushes if found faulty)...i just got mine changed last mth after 8 yrs of usage.......also changed anti roll bushes,lower arm(front both) n the tulang anjing (rear)...now much quieter.....i understand what u meant cos mine was also darn noisy esp on the slightest bad road....

Last edited:

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
i guess this $$ can't save one lah..
thx for all ur reply. 0_o
looking forward to it..

don't think i will change my shock and spring. I try change last time but still same problem.

satria81 said:
u shud also check on ur rear axle bushes(left n right,get them to PUMP in the new bushes if found faulty)...i just got mine changed last mth after 8 yrs of usage.......also changed anti roll bushes,lower arm(front both) n the tulang anjing (rear)...now much quieter.....i understand what u meant cos mine was also darn noisy esp on the slightest bad road....

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Like I said earlier, change all rubber bushes (suspension & engine mounts) on the car.

In our tropical weather the rubber bushes harden and deteriorates. Hence the squeeks and klunking.

And seeeing that your car is 10 yrs old something surely has worn out.

Changing the dampers(absorbers) is a good idea too. OE dampers last generally 30k-50k.

tleilaxu

Known Member
Jul 7, 2004
jb
satria81 said:
bro,how to determine if the rear axle bushes are faulty?how much does it cost u to replace them?

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
tleilaxu,

determine by - actually they got my car up the jack n kinda shaked it(axle) to see its condition which was way beyond spoilt condition......hope u can understand my explaination:)sorry...n the cost was like RM85 for workmanship(pumped it in n not by knocking with hammer) n the item was around RM70 for 2 bushed so all in RM 155...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:_: just wan some opinion from u guys/sifu out there
which one is more faster

-a std stock evo 3 engine wif full lock LSD gear

or

-a MITSU GSR 1.8 wif MIVEC head,evo programer, TDO5 h turbine n full lock LSD gear

-need all ur guys/sifu oppnion...........:shades_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience