LPG or NGV

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
Sifus,

I own Prado Yr'98 and I wish to install LPG. Can anyone advise, would that be better option compare to NGV in term of safety and performance. I have explore thru the websites, statistically LPG has more benefit compare to NGV. I do wanted to know whether LPG is ban in Malaysia and any outlet in Malaysia that still provide LPG installation..? I do know that, LPG can be installed in Thailand and havent check out the full detail yet.

Need more information before making my final decision.

Thanks..:confused:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
I'm curious also.... I've remembered my late granpa's datsun 120Y using LPG... if want to refill must go to an ESSO station in Klang (he lived in Kuala Selangor btw)... sometime just hook up with the kitchen tank just to get it going haha

but well into early 90's, he died and no place to fill LPG prompted my uncle who inherited the car to change its system back to petrol and sold the car :bawling:

I think no bans here in Malaysia for LPG, it's just that the main power behind NGV supplier love the CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) route instead :banghead:

Luv to hear any updates though :wavey:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if its not commercialize, it's not worth it to use..

:biggrin:

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
This maybe a stupid thing to do, but what about getting LPG supply from the cooking gas cylinder. Something like what some of the fork lift truck is using.

Some more now there is a co. producing those light weight fibre glass gas cylinder, so weight is not an issue.

Praba8848

Jan 20, 2010
Penang
There is a special pump available and it use to draw out the Gas and feed into the car cylinder. Need to use a special cyclinder for storage and not a cooking gas cyclinder which may not provide 100% safety. Sum says that this LPG was available in Malaysia and later it was discontinue mainly it was under subsidy and introduce NGV so goverment can monopoly the supply. Technically, NGV requires 3000psi for storage whereas LPG requires only 200psi equal to our car tire pressure. India has widely using LPG and I have seen them carrying a small tank in thier TuT Tut..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
The key word here is MONOPOLY

There is a special pump available and it use to draw out the Gas and feed into the car cylinder. Need to use a special cyclinder for storage and not a cooking gas cyclinder which may not provide 100% safety. Sum says that this LPG was available in Malaysia and later it was discontinue mainly it was under subsidy and introduce NGV so goverment can monopoly the supply. Technically, NGV requires 3000psi for storage whereas LPG requires only 200psi equal to our car tire pressure. India has widely using LPG and I have seen them carrying a small tank in thier TuT Tut..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Neon lights installation for multiplex system

Does anyone know of any workshop in JB who knows how to install neon lights in Peugeot cars? Peugeot has multiplex system thus looking for someone who has knowledge in it.

Thx!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience