Lose Power After Modify The Muffler

grayson

Jun 21, 2006
I need a help for anyone here know about LANCER GLX 05 exhaust system.because my car lose around 20% power after i change my original to a S flow muffler.Now im feel that the air in the exhaust like less pressure.so easy to step high RPM but fel the power refuse to come.it is obviously.what can i do now?change the extractor 4-2-1 will help?Or i ned to make the muffler hole smaller so can be push for more pressure like before?

what else can i solve this problem without change the middle part?

.hope u guy who expert for this can help me.thank...........

Last edited:

squall__leonheart83

Feb 26, 2005
too lawas?i think you should install and open pod air filter too if you haven`t installed one.(small mouth(air filter) with big ass(muffler) might make your car berak cirit,ekekeke...check for leakage too...

Apr 13, 2007
Whatever the size you have in the car now you hjave to restrict the flow a little.
Check the exhaust manifold to see what is the spec size.
At approximately midway on the run,cut out and replace 18" of pipe with the spec size(1.5").
This will increase response on take off and allow some backflow to the engine,keeping the compression up.You will not loose anything on top end.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
what is ur new muffler diameter size?
seem like u are run with auto tranny right?

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Grayson ...I ask oledi ...ppl said cannot use s-flow wor.....have to use straight flow oval muffle

grayson

Jun 21, 2006
This is 2' inlet and outlet.

i think it will cause more lack of back pressure If use direct flow.And i think it will be worse.I also doing some research for this.The original muffler just hav 1.5' it totally block the air.inside just have many small hole to let the air flow out,so it will maintain the pressure for the exhaust system.Now the new s flow is just a S type shape without any barrier.so the air flow faster and smoother than b4 and cause the pressure decrease in the exhaust system.

my paddle can feel lighter and very easy reach high rpm.but the engine noise not loud than b4.So u can feel the car lack of power.And my top speed only can reach 170 with 6,200rpm.

with ori muffler i can reach 180 with 6200rpm.so totally decrease 10kmh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Whenever I go through selected speed bumps (reasonably big / high and/or pointed ones), there will be "brushing" sound coming from the front area. I doubt it is my bumper that's producing the noise because the sound appears when the car is reaching the high point (top area of the speed bump when the suspensions and absorbers are compressed) and also when the car is decending (right after the top area of the speed bump when the suspensions and absorbers stretched). I've spoken to the service...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience