Though your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll ne-ever walk alone.

Image:Shankly_Gates.jpg

as i have said whatever the outcome, the troops gave a spirited display.
its one of those football things, milan were favourites, every other supporters/neutrals "wanted" a milan win, LFc god leaves, even "england" wanted a milan win (unlike throwing support for a british club 2 years ago), sigh.....

but i believe there is a silver lining to the lost. rafa knows the reds is still short in key departments, ancellotti anticipated rafa this time around, the overhaul begins.

goodbye to the serving pool players, we never forget them. they are heros even in defeat.

we lost.... but still it was good game.... the boys tried but in the end they really need to convert the chances that came their way...

2-1 was a fair result... my only regret is that i wish crouch would hv come in the game a lot earlier... pennant and mascherano did good... i'm impressed...

alot of positives can be taken from this lost. That LVP is up there with the best of the best, matching AC all throughout the duration of the match and in strategy wise have to say RB was the winner. Spot on for the night. The glaring diff between the 2 teams is there for all of us to see....quality of players. The player we've been missing is the "killer-pass" player, unfortunately not easy to find & buy.
HOwever, with strengthening of the squad due, i'm very hopeful that LVP will be at the top end fighting for championships again next season. All is not lost, the prize money for CL campaign will be appreciated by the new owners and i'm sure they now know that with RB, they have a very real chance of recuperating ALL of their investments in a very short time period plus interest. They'll do the right thing and have funds available to buy.

YNWA

the skills that the boys shown is superb. If not the best for this whole season; still one of the prettiest play by them.
The only complain is rafa on his strategies.
I guessed he might have anticipate that Milan would have some tactics against Crouch or Bellamy starting that's why he don't play Crouchie from start to throw them off guard.
But to me, it's a bad choice. The working rate of Kuyt, Gerrard and Pennant was superb the whole night. I would hail them 3.
Wheras, Zenden must go. He's not suitable for the current squad. He's a total mess on the left. Kewel also looses his touch after so long resting. Should have filled Bellamy in or move Riise more upfront.
But anyway, it's over this season. But I bet after watching this final.......the premiership boys would fear us more!......

YNWA!

guys,
Since Italy can win the world cup, of coz CL too . Is it them want to "help" Italy to recover back for those under table money case?

boyzone,
interesting, always thought that the world cup was geared towards that. CL winners medal to another italian club looks as though sometin fishy is going on huh ??

MG is going after only 1 season. actually a little surprised to see him give up so easily. Real betis ????? come on....nothing compared to LVP.
CB also rumoured to go. another 1 season flop. i actually like the way he plays for the team, but obviously i'm not RB and will never determine the squad options.

Gonzo is a big flop to me... I remember watching him againt Arsenal... He kept losing the ball and make meaningless runs... He lack big game composure... I know it's only his first season... but we waited long enough for him the year b4... i dunt rate him for the English game...

Deep inside i think he asked to be transfer-listed....

looks like HK and Bellamy are sure to be offloaded. salute to RB for being ruthless in his transfer dealings. RP has confirmed that Simoa is still being courted by LVP. good news...now i wanna hear him say that Samuel E'to is signing soon

kewell staying ???? sure bo....would be great to see him back at his 100% again.
so far no news on big name captures la...boring nya....

Eto'o admits Liverpool admiration
read more at soccernet : ESPNsoccernet - England - Barca striker Eto'o admits Liverpool admiration

Read Malay Mail today and saw that Gerrard and Carraghers had pleaded with Gillet and Hicks to bring Owen back. Also quoted:
The Americans are believed to be keen on a move that would require a ₤9m bid to trigger a get-out clause in Owen's Newcastle contract. But Benitez's lack of enthusiasm and Owen's guilt feeling that he owes the Toon Army plenty after just a handful of games in an injury-ravaged two seasons make the move unlikely.

good chance of E'to coming over to the reds, hopefully the club will foot out the bill.
the new away kit is out and it looks good. sadly no change in LVP's home kit. not so nice that one

don't know why; I like to see them play in white & green...
that's the classic away kit.
When Liverpool got sponsored back by Adidas, and they came out with that one....hahaha....I grabbed one.
kekekekeke
dream jersey.....3 stripes!

the Home Kit stays for 2 seasons, the away kit and 3rd kit change per season, some teams like Everton change their home kit every other season, another ploy to bring in the big bucks

about Eto yea, hes a class act, but to swap Alonso n 40mil for Eto im not so sure bout it

Eto'o admits Liverpool admiration
read more at soccernet : ESPNsoccernet - England - Barca striker Eto'o admits Liverpool admiration

Read Malay Mail today and saw that Gerrard and Carraghers had pleaded with Gillet and Hicks to bring Owen back. Also quoted:

if owen makes a decision to return (i highly doubt it) if we place an interest again, any LFC fan should welcome him. but he will be placed 3rd striker at LFC. i dun think he wants that & he owes newcastle a season after playing 1 or 2 full compertive games for newcastle. (chances 15% possibilty only). also he's too expensive (salary) for any clubs outside the MU, Cheski, gunners... then again maybe the Bluetonnians?? owen??

Eto, if he plays like andy cole of MU (heydays) IN premiership; it will be start of great things. Eto can be a little emotional but harness

i would opt for Tevez over owen/eto. he's shows more hunger & he's been baptised in premiership. if we have the funds why not but it hard to keep evreyone happy. unfortunately buying a name player rafa is force to slot these names first (cisse wasnt bought by rafa so ...) & to not to start a england international at every other game would be hounded by the UK press.

another team is going after Tevez also....Eto is also sought after by many.......
let's pray with our new investment we could secure the deal first.....

Check this out: ESPNsoccernet - UEFA Champions League - 'Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe'

'Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe'

LONDON, June 3 (Reuters) - Liverpool supporters have been identified as the worst behaved at European matches in a report to be handed by UEFA to the British Government in Brussels on Tuesday.

The report, which has been compiled by undercover police agents from a neutral European force over the last four years, will be given by UEFA president Michel Platini to British sports minister Richard Caborn.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard told Reuters: 'The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.

'That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children? We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

'There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report -- most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all.'

Problems occurred at the Champions League final when fans with forged tickets and even without any ticket gained entry to the Olympic Stadium for the match against AC Milan, while dozens of fans with genuine tickets were refused entry.

When Liverpool fans did try to gain entry the situation threatened to escalate out of control and the Greek police fired tear gas and used batons.

Liverpool have submitted their own report to UEFA which criticises the security arrangements for the final.

Gaillard added: 'You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans.'

Liverpool fans were held responsible for the disaster at the 1985 European Cup final at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels when 39 mainly Italian fans died after a wall collapsed following a charge by Liverpool fans before the match against Juventus.

The tragedy led to English clubs being banned from European competition for five years.

What say you, the supposed "Most knowledgeable fans in the world" (where's Duke?) ?

I guessed it would happened to any other english team....
don't u think....if it happens to be Man United in the final with Millan and shortcast of tickets due to forgeries among the English fans; wouldn't u think it would be United's fans which is in the report?!...
I would say it's going to happen to any other English team's fans.
Now that they have an incident to pint point on, of course they would go back to look for "histories" of bad behaviour.
Typical I-want-the-fault-to-be-at-your-end game!

Sorry mate, nice try but that report was compiled by UEFA for FOUR years. So that's including events well before Athens.

The report, which has been compiled by undercover police agents from a neutral European force over the last four years, will be given by UEFA president Michel Platini to British sports minister Richard Caborn.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard told Reuters: 'The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.

like I say:
Now that they have an incident to pinpoint on, of course they would go back to look for "histories" of bad behaviour.
Typical I-want-the-fault-to-be-at-your-end game!

It's just that UEFA have to come out with something on the Final's primarily because our englishmen themselves are not worthy of being a fans themselves by forging fake tickets.
That's the whole cause for the chaos at the final and thus, since it's going to investigated; why not also made the story exciting by throwing in some spices of old "memoirs"

Typical political game they're playing.

Top Bottom