KL traffic's a nightmare

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Bukit Damansara - Jalan Duta - Jalan Ipoh - Dang Wangi. How long you guy normally take to travel this? 12 October, 2012, 4:00pm from Bukit Damansara it started jam from there and it was 8:20pm when I reached Jalan Dang Wangi, KL. :turtle:No, I didn't stop, just drove non-stop. I really hoped my car is a helicopter.

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
got one time,morning...this was my mistake jugak la...gatal2 drove in the morning,weekdays summore... brickfield 7.02am - ampang 9.45am. nice.verrrrryyyyy nice... :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I also got caught last night in the Seremban-KL route, going back from my office took me about 2 hrs! Sigh...feeels like back in Jakarta already! What the hell was going on?? :confused:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
friday evening + raining = perfect recipe for a masive jam
Usually I drove USJ > KESAS > MRR2 > Ampang in the evening rush hour

...it took ranging from 1 to 1 hour and half to reach ampang

..but for the past week, I've tested this route and usually I can reach Ampang in 30 to 45 min tops
USJ > NPE > Sg Besi > Bulatan Pandan > Pandan Jaya > MRR2 (before Tesco Ampang)

but not yesterday... the standstill started when I merged into Sg Besi.... trying to get away, me went into Smart Tunnel (Still open) hoping to go to Bkt Bintang... there the also jam, but the good thing was it moved, in inches but still moves.. Bkt Bintang > Sultan Ismail > AKLEH

started from USJ around 5:45... arrived @ Ampang 8:45 :banghead: :bawling:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
These days, with MRT projects.. other road works, coupled with the fact that everyone wants their own car.. really need to plan & do research before venturing anywhere to avoid getting caught in a massive make shift parking lot.

Times like these.. I just put in more OT in office.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
These days, with MRT projects.. other road works, coupled with the fact that everyone wants their own car.. really need to plan & do research before venturing anywhere to avoid getting caught in a massive make shift parking lot.

Times like these.. I just put in more OT in office.
But honestly if you've been to Jakarta, you'll feel a bit relieved that you live here and not there! In Jakarta, ANY DAY & ANY TIME is jam like last night! Here at least only sometimes.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
stop complaint and buy the items below:

Pros:
1. Won't badly effect by traffic jam
2. Fuel saving
3. Cheap maintenance, road tax and insurance
4. Can have more money to buy iPhone
5. No parking fee
6. Won't further increase traffic jam problem
7. Riding with female passenger can have extra pleasure
8. And etc

Cons:

1. No face. People may look down on you.
2. Cannot show off
3. Cannot carry more passenger (if you ever fetch more than 1 person to work or travel)
4. No AC. Need to use more EDT
5. Cannot wear shorts that is too short (just in case run light)
6. Limited storage space (just enough to store helmet and etc)
7. Difficult to talk while riding (car can talk and drive)
8. And etc

Myth busted:

1. Regardless car or motorbike or bicycle, all are dangerous and can take away life. You can ride a bike and killed by a lorry same does a super car driver can die because of accident. Motorbike is only dangerous if you ride it like a mat rempit, zig zag in an open road. meanwhile many people still drink N drive or on phone while driving and die on the next minute.

2. Motorbike easy to get stolen but car has no different or even worst, if you ever see those 60 seconds drive away demo. Car tends to break your heart more especially those with loads of gadgets.

3. Car can drive faster than motorbike but a Veyron will never beat a kapchai during traffic jam.

4. Car may be comfortable but it take away your valuable life slowly by disposing it at traffic jam.

5. And etc.

Conclusion:

If you ever feel not happy with below situation, keep your car and start ride a bike:

1. Money not enough
2. Hate car import tax
3. Pissed by traffic jam
4. Always kena road hogger but can't do anything
5. Not enough time for family (most people who chose to live in KL won't feel this way)
6. Parking always full
7. Scare people know what had you done in the last summer (especially visit spa)
8 And etc.

By riding a motorbike, you will have more money to invest into those gold investment thing (like Genneva and etc) and make more fast money. You can also visit spa more often to release more pressure so the lower head won't have headache that make you keep on mumbling like the world owe you everything. If you start to ride a bicycle till the very last moment of your life, your son or daughter probably can buy a Porsche and enjoy their life on behalf of you.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..no sweat... balakong to jalan tar exactly 30minutes away..no matter rain or shine..(riding bike)
*i got 2cars at home..one for other half..one for me..but i'll ride anyday anyway if going to work or go into kl citycenter....
p/s: my other half work in putrajaya..lesser headache when driving

you mad fulltime car drivers :rofl:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I wonder what will happen in 5 years time when there are more cars on the road... :rolleyes:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Helmet? checked
Riding Jacket? checked
boots? checked
full & proper rain suits? checked

a kapchai? err....
while we are in the subject... got B license? err... nope

but I do motorcycle-pool sometimes, but when my buddy is away to another site, back to wasting life at the jam again :banghead:

thanks csl :adore:

stop complaint and buy the items below:

Pros:
1. Won't badly effect by traffic jam
2. Fuel saving
3. Cheap maintenance, road tax and insurance
4. Can have more money to buy iPhone
5. No parking fee
6. Won't further increase traffic jam problem
7. Riding with female passenger can have extra pleasure
8. And etc

Cons:

1. No face. People may look down on you.
2. Cannot show off
3. Cannot carry more passenger (if you ever fetch more than 1 person to work or travel)
4. No AC. Need to use more EDT
5. Cannot wear shorts that is too short (just in case run light)
6. Limited storage space (just enough to store helmet and etc)
7. Difficult to talk while riding (car can talk and drive)
8. And etc

Myth busted:

1. Regardless car or motorbike or bicycle, all are dangerous and can take away life. You can ride a bike and killed by a lorry same does a super car driver can die because of accident. Motorbike is only dangerous if you ride it like a mat rempit, zig zag in an open road. meanwhile many people still drink N drive or on phone while driving and die on the next minute.

2. Motorbike easy to get stolen but car has no different or even worst, if you ever see those 60 seconds drive away demo. Car tends to break your heart more especially those with loads of gadgets.

3. Car can drive faster than motorbike but a Veyron will never beat a kapchai during traffic jam.

4. Car may be comfortable but it take away your valuable life slowly by disposing it at traffic jam.

5. And etc.

Conclusion:

If you ever feel not happy with below situation, keep your car and start ride a bike:

1. Money not enough
2. Hate car import tax
3. Pissed by traffic jam
4. Always kena road hogger but can't do anything
5. Not enough time for family (most people who chose to live in KL won't feel this way)
6. Parking always full
7. Scare people know what had you done in the last summer (especially visit spa)
8 And etc.

By riding a motorbike, you will have more money to invest into those gold investment thing (like Genneva and etc) and make more fast money. You can also visit spa more often to release more pressure so the lower head won't have headache that make you keep on mumbling like the world owe you everything. If you start to ride a bicycle till the very last moment of your life, your son or daughter probably can buy a Porsche and enjoy their life on behalf of you.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
never been to jakarta, but I've been to Medan...

They say Jakarta is way worst than Medan.... really can't imagine :confused:

Go visit Jakarta now then you'll see! :D