Jun 304' VS rpw 306' VS tomei 316' ????

Boy_HS

Feb 14, 2008
sabah
hellooowww to all zth members.... i need suggestion bout the high camshaft for 4g93 n/a especially from otai2... which of this camshaft give more increase ??? Jun 304' or rpw 306' or tomei 316' ???? high degree not mean can gain high power right ???? :itsme:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
cams alone will not determine the output. tuning + lots of other mods/setup plays a vital role as well. i call it a black art of tuning. other factors also play a part i.e. drag/cct/street use

just my 2 cents
Tumpang tumpang....

Man,,,
The adaptor flange- B series--> Mivec, the machine shop guy wants to charge me rm450....
damn expensive... (ISO9002 compliances Company) need to make drawinglah, EDM lah...
Anyway crazy price compared to JB....
So how you wan to proceed?..
I make manual drawing (trace the sample on paper) and send to you can?
Then you find your local machine shop guy to make.... Can? Want?..
You will need aluminium plate... 17 inches x 4 inches, thickness= 1.2-1.3cm..
Let me know okay...

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
all these camshaft are good but bare in mind that u need to make sure that your engine is high in compression (10/11.1 at least) to use this "race only" camshaft (3++). if not u cannot fully utilize this camshaft power.

p/s: rpw doesn't offer 306 degree camshaft but they offer 316 degree (stage 5).

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hellooowww to all zth members.... i need suggestion bout the high camshaft for 4g93 n/a especially from otai2... which of this camshaft give more increase ??? Jun 304' or rpw 306' or tomei 316' ???? high degree not mean can gain high power right ???? :itsme:
high degree and also valve lift is very important....

like Bro joemirage said...make sure your engine has enough compression...

and like bro manofwar said....it all comes down to tuning...make sure you at least have a piggyback and ported head ...and get stiffer valve springs...

choosing the right set of cams really depends on your engine mods/stage and target...hard to just point which cam will be the best for you....

Boy_HS

Feb 14, 2008
sabah
thanxxx for all.... now i have my own choice oledy... intake i will use tomei 316 and exhaust i will use jun 304.... but my foreman said tomei 316 must be lay a little bit coz takut lambat tutup... now im using 2.1 stroker kit from aus, unichip ecu management, skunk2 intake for 4g93, n final decision is using tomei n jun camshaft.. thanxx again for all zth members for suggestions... :smokin:

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
thanxxx for all.... now i have my own choice oledy... intake i will use tomei 316 and exhaust i will use jun 304.... but my foreman said tomei 316 must be lay a little bit coz takut lambat tutup... now im using 2.1 stroker kit from aus, unichip ecu management, skunk2 intake for 4g93, n final decision is using tomei n jun camshaft.. thanxx again for all zth members for suggestions... :smokin:
wow monster on the road!!!!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
WOW!! how much for the skunk 2 intake and 2.1 stroker kit??

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
hmmm.. different brands of camshaft? meaning u have to buy jun and tomei? a lot of money involve here.

Boy_HS

Feb 14, 2008
sabah
WOW!! how much for the skunk 2 intake and 2.1 stroker kit??
stroker 2.1 around 8k smthing... intake under 1k only.... but need to be 'cool' cozz the stroker take a long time to come here... hehehe... im waiting until 1 month and then arrived... hihihi..

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

hmmm.. different brands of camshaft? meaning u have to buy jun and tomei? a lot of money involve here.
nop... i have my friend using gsr turbo and need the tomei camshaft for exhaust n jun camshaft for intake... so, i take tomei intake camshaft n jun exhaust camshaft.... hhiihihi.... :smokin:

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

wow monster on the road!!!!!!
i hope so ma friend... :driver:

MaNofWaR

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
stroker 2.1 around 8k smthing... intake under 1k only.... but need to be 'cool' cozz the stroker take a long time to come here... hehehe... im waiting until 1 month and then arrived... hihihi..

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

nop... i have my friend using gsr turbo and need the tomei camshaft for exhaust n jun camshaft for intake... so, i take tomei intake camshaft n jun exhaust camshaft.... hhiihihi.... :smokin:

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

i hope so ma friend... :driver:
wow...thats really $$$$$. mind sharing some info on the stroker kits...crankshaft & conrods.
keep us update with ur monster mods

Boy_HS

Feb 14, 2008
sabah
if i not mistake, conrod of the stroker kit short than the original... piston size 83mm... must use custom liner for safety... crankshaft, conrod n piston very2 lighten weight... i dunno it can go or not... im waiting for my camshaft now.... if my engine mods completed, i will show u my engine.... the important thing, i really2 trust the unichip management....

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
cool man... should be kinda powerful oledi... you plan to use it in street or track? Your mech order all these?? or you did it through ebay?

ajin

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
jz wanna ask...betwen jun 272deg 10.8 lift n tomei 272 11.1 lift if im nt mistake, whch 1 better in overall perfrmnce??

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
tomei will be better in terms of performance since the lift is higher.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu;

I needed your help here, i driving a waja 1.6(a). I have encounter a big problem after i install the Arospeed Fuel regulator. The engine tuning seem not right but i have check with the sc said no problem with the tuning. Esspecially when the car stop the rpm seem lose direction.

QUESTION
Is the SAFC II need to be tune after the installation of AFR ??
Where is best garage to tune in pj area or sunway??
How much will it cost for the tuning ???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience