JL speaker expert, please help.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
I'm thinking to buy a JL woofer online. I searched Lelong.com and ebay and I find that it's quite difficult for me to differenciate which is the real one. Please refer to the pic below. Your advise is much appreciate.

With red V2 in ebay

With Blue V2 in Lelong.com

With Green V2

Last edited:

fofit

9,000 RPM
Mar 6, 2006
suggest

hi,seabiscuit,,,,,u can ask wat serius nombor of that woofer n u will know how to do.,just my suggest only,hehe

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
other than serial numbers on the box, can I find any clue from the woofer itself? Is there any security serial number on the woofer?

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
As I know the W3V2 is with the blue V2 as pics 2 shows. Not sure about the green or red V2, maybe meant for diferent market. How do I differentiate fake subs? I see the cones and surround. Usually made from low quality materials.

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
The one u saw in lelong.com is 99% fake. Lelong.com is the heaven for fake products. I'm not sure how much a new one will cost now but my friend bought it for more than RM1'000 a year ago.

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
If it's a fake. Will the SQ better than B-52 from Jln pasar? Sorry for asking stupid question. Me ICE super dummy. :regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
real jl and fake jl sub are using material almost same..can say 99%..u wont know by looking at it....the only different is the voice coil...some experienced customer told me.....

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
So if I accidentally bought a fake JL, it still serve the purpose of showing off everytime I open my boot? How important is the voice coil? does it affact the SQ much? Or it won't stand hard blasting?

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
Of course, it will affect SQ very much. A good quality SW won't go into distortion easily compare to lower quality SW. Besides voice coil, the rubber surround, magnets etc also plays significant role in determing the quality. In short, every part of the SW plays a role. It only looks the same and definitely it sounds very different too. If u want to show off a bit, why not try some used stuffs if u are tight on budget.

hi1983

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
if u buy the fake 1, it will burn in day 1 like 1 of my customer for sure, no warenty

JL JL, i think ppl just want the name only, if like that go just get the fake 1

Seabiscuit

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sometime JB
Visit site
The problem is I don't know how to differenciate between real and fake. How can you tell if the seller is selling a fake JL with real JL price?

loon1031

Known Member
Sep 30, 2006
www.cari.com
I also looking for this Subwoofer...
SO many imatation ka?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
make sure it comes form the official distributor la, Pro-Ice...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
howiechoo said:
real jl and fake jl sub are using material almost same..can say 99%..u wont know by looking at it....the only different is the voice coil...some experienced customer told me.....
Well I wouldnt agree with you. Saw one, the only thing similar with it was the colour (black) and the logo. Other than that all are crappy materials. Cones which flex easily, low quality magnets, low quality motor, low quality VC terminals, very soft spider, low quality surround.

Easily identified even when you touched the cones and surround. Their fake components have very soft surround and spider and you can look at the xover has poor built in.

Last edited:

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
dont buy fake JL i lelong dot com..tat thing wont last n sound no good

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to stick boost gauge on dashboard? i'm using double sided tape but due to heat and stress from the pull of the hose, it fell off. any idea what to use?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience