Is Crime Bad in JB or Just Newspaper Spreading Fears?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
SF, you also can mah...ram your Altis to those MF if you see them...I also salute you...
Wah! like that have to start a fund to help him repair his Altis.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Anytime, since not repainted yet :biggrin: So still able to help :smile:
Good way to get sponsorship to repaint the Altis.....hahahahaha:rofl::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wah! like that have to start a fund to help him repair his Altis.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Good way to get sponsorship to repaint the Altis.....hahahahaha:rofl::rofl:
Good idea wor...LOL! Gather those cash and 1 short do all :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Show us your ramming pictures in the newspapers first......hahahahahaha:rofl::rofl:
Then I will get donations? :rofl:

*touchwood* Don't want to encounter anything like that :rofl:
But then we got to help when we can though...

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Just a suggestion. For crimes like murder, armed robbery, armed theft, snatch thief that causes death, put them in front of a firing squad? China has been doing that all the while, I am sure China is doing it right considering the country is growing rapidly and will soon overtake USA as the #1 super power in the world.

Or maybe practice Islamic laws? e.g. steal with right hand, we chop their right hand off. that way, they don't need to be jailed. afterall, 1 person only has 2 hands, if after chopping their right hand off, they still rob with their left, we just chop their left hand off. thereafter i doubt he can commit crime anymore. if he is creative and determined and use his legs, we can chop those off too! I'm pretty sure its a very good deterrent.
I have a problem sir. If you are convicted for stealing and your left hand was chopped off, later the smart AG found out "oh sir sorry, now we found the real culprit, wrong verdict. Maaf." Is that alright for you? "No problem YB, just a misunderstanding. Just give me back my hand will do." :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I have a problem sir. If you are convicted for stealing and your left hand was chopped off, later the smart AG found out "oh sir sorry, now we found the real culprit, wrong verdict. Maaf." Is that alright for you? "No problem YB, just a misunderstanding. Just give me back my hand will do." :biggrin:
It is okay too, then we chop off the YB's hand in return! Then I assure you our YB's won't have so many misunderstandings. Anyway, he can make 2 misunderstandings only. If he make more than 2, I think its safe to say we want him replaced. Who would want an AG who have so many "misunderstandings" in power? DO YOU?

This my friend, is called true accountability.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
All I can say...in extreme times, we use extreme measures.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Talk is cheap, so I collected data of crime statistics in Malaysia. The crime statistics released by the Department of Statistics, Malaysia showed that most of the crime from 1999 to 2003 and 2011 occurred in densely populated and wealthier states: Kuala Lumpur, followed by Selangor, then Johor and Pulau Pinang experienced the highest crime rates for both property and violent crime categories in Malaysia.

Furthermore, crime statistics compiled by Habibullah and Baharom in 2008 showed that the crime rates in Malaysia in the last three decades (1973-2003) rose between 1 to 8% per year. More than 80% of the crime committed during this period were related to property crimes such as burglary, vehicle theft, and larceny.

But worryingly, violent or serious crimes (such as murder, robbery, rape, and assault) have increased by a larger margin of between 4 to 10% per year. In 1973-82, violent crime contributed 9.5% of the total crime in Malaysia, but its contribution has risen to 13.5% in 1993-2003.

Sources:

Habibullah, M.S. and Baharom, A.H. 2008. Crime and economic conditions in Malaysia: An ARDL Bounds Testing Approach. MPRA Paper 11910, University Library of Munich, Germany.

Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia. 2012. Buletin Perangkaan Sosial. Malaysia 2012. Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia

Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia. 2005. Buletin Perangkaan Sosial. Malaysia 2005. Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Did you verify the data for authenticity or a copy paste job? Just asking.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
good job, wonder why so many gaps, LOL. the whole department on holiday between 2004 to 2010?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
good job, wonder why so many gaps, LOL. the whole department on holiday between 2004 to 2010?
Lol, now I know why. 2004-2010 was the period which they felt inappropriate to show. Looking the the prison population during that period it does make sense for the blackout data.:biggrin:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Nice, at least some numbers.

I guess we will never know how accurate this is, but why would they made up data that indicates rising crime rate as opposed to a decreasing one right?

So the reality is, more crime is being committed and the violent ones are increasing. That answers the thread starter's question nicely then.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Good job with the stats. Wonder how it compares with other countries.
Can compare with other countries where guns are easily obtain and they have the right to own one...
Since the shooting spree is almost the same as a particular country now :rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any 1 can advise engine to swap into an Opel?
it's a FF , did read from foreign site, sr-20 , 3s-gte can go in.
but not sure wht did they done on the enjin

any 1 experience this or ur tuner modd and Calibra b4? kindly advise, thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience