i b buying my first car ever. need help.

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
i m looking for new car within range between 70k-90k...since i b out stationing a lot,,,i need the car 2 b more stable n not very shaky like my bosses grand livina which i drove up 2 KL with him occasionally...these r the options i currently have in mind from the popular 2 not popular

honda city
toyota vios
nissan sentra
nissan almera
peugeot 207
ford fiesta

post your thoughts please:driver:other options r welcomed s well:driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My vote is Vios or Ford Fiesta considering your outstation driving.

Vios because it has unbeatable fuel consumption compared to the rest of candidates and it's a relatively lively car to drive.

Fiesta because of the awesome ride it provides and good fuel consumption.

Both the Fiesta (I just learnt this recently for the Fiesta) and Vios have reasobly cheap maintenance costs compared to the rest with the Peugeot being the most expensive.

Vios however has the upperhand over the Fiesta cuz it has a much higher resale value provided you get the "S" or the "G" model.

Sentra unless you get the 1.8 it's heavily underpowered and handles like a boat. Don't know anything about the Almera. Have a Honda City in the family and hate the car to bits because of the way it drives and heavy feel. Peugeots are notorious for being unreliable. The new models I dunno but the old models are a pain to maintain.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
My vote is Vios or Ford Fiesta considering your outstation driving.

Vios because it has unbeatable fuel consumption compared to the rest of candidates and it's a relatively lively car to drive.

Fiesta because of the awesome ride it provides and good fuel consumption.

Both the Fiesta (I just learnt this recently for the Fiesta) and Vios have reasobly cheap maintenance costs compared to the rest with the Peugeot being the most expensive.

Vios however has the upperhand over the Fiesta cuz it has a much higher resale value provided you get the "S" or the "G" model.

Sentra unless you get the 1.8 it's heavily underpowered and handles like a boat. Don't know anything about the Almera. Have a Honda City in the family and hate the car to bits because of the way it drives and heavy feel. Peugeots are notorious for being unreliable. The new models I dunno but the old models are a pain to maintain.
vote for vios 2 coz never seen 1 breaksdown anywhere & as stated above, even my mech too agreed on it

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Of all the choices, outstation traveling within that budget, Toyota Vios is my choice too.

Kia Rio, ya new car and to be said Eco Car but then is a new car and Kia is never famous for good FC but the other way round.
So, not gonna risk taking a newly launched Kia Rio 2013.

Is a nice car and a good price for the specs that's if FC is not really the issue here. To play safe, Toyota Vios or the most is Ford Fiesta.

If you can top up a little bit more, I would vote for Honda Jazz Hybrid/Toyota Prius C for good FC wise.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Vios...out station a lot?then definitely d best choice :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you can top up a little bit more, I would vote for Honda Jazz Hybrid/Toyota Prius C for good FC wise.
If you're talking hybrid, the Prius C hybrid system works better than the Jazz one. Stupid Jazz still needs engine to run the compressor. Prius one is electric driven, so when in eco mode and stopped at a traffic light and the engine goes off, your aircon is still cold unlike the Jazz. But styling wise I prefer the Jazz.

Also, hybrids aren't useful for long distance drives since you'll be running on the engine 99% of the time.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Never mentioned about FC..thought you might consider Proton Inspira..
very stable not shaky..
good for long distance..big boot..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just buy used Nissan Sentra. It's a good, simple, well proven reliable car and got 1.6ltr compared to others only using 1.5ltr engine.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If you're talking hybrid, the Prius C hybrid system works better than the Jazz one. Stupid Jazz still needs engine to run the compressor. Prius one is electric driven, so when in eco mode and stopped at a traffic light and the engine goes off, your aircon is still cold unlike the Jazz. But styling wise I prefer the Jazz.

Also, hybrids aren't useful for long distance drives since you'll be running on the engine 99% of the time.
Very good point! But ya Jazz design is much better but if Prius C is well kitted with bodykit, is real nice as well. Like a Mini Prius :rofl:

Sentra, if talking about used car, I would suggest Toyota Altis. The FC is just real good. :top:
Powerful enough as a family sedan.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I would choose....

HONDA CITY

for reliability, comfort, good fuel consumption, silent ride, high speed stability, and the driveabilty of a HONDA !

I would suggest you test drive one!

You will fall in love with HONDA !:love:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I would choose....

HONDA CITY

for reliability, comfort, good fuel consumption, silent ride, high speed stability, and the driveabilty of a HONDA !

I would suggest you test drive one!

You will fall in love with HONDA !:love:
But its not a Vios.

Haha, sorry I can't help myself :P

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
go for crz manual....(out budget a bit but worth it)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I want request for opinion from z2h members and sifu here. I want buy a car . but i my head pening la ..becoz i donow wich one i want to buy .. i want to use in long term .. my budget aroung 45K below .. my car choice is :-
toyota seg with silvertop / blacktop 6speed engine
ek 4door with b16a / b16b / b18c / b20b engine
wira with evo2/3 engine

wich one car is better in performance,maintenance,petrol,modification,cost etc ...

i need some advice from u all ...
if someone of u have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience