Honda B20 Top Speed only 120KM after with Mugen Twin Loop Rep

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I have heard nothing but bad about replica twin loop mufflers. :listen:
Either go back to stock or find some JDM mufflers from half-cut.

Good luck.

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I think the muffler pipping inlet too big. Perhaps shift to others exhaust workshop for listen to 2nd opinion.
Oh yeah I just notice that the muffler piping is a bit bigger then my exhaust piping bro...
Does it have effect on performance bro?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

twinloops are supposed to switch from sflow to straight flow at a predetermined pressure which corresponds to a certain RPM (normally open to straight when vtec engages). did u hear any difference in exhaust note thruout yr rpm range?

but first of all...ori twinloop? no matter how lousy the muffler, it should not affect yr top speed by that much...
The sound doesnt change much all pretty same at any rpm...and my gear change is at about 2.5k to 3k only bro...previously the gear change will reach at about 5k with standard muffler...

Yup It's Twinloop Bro...but replica :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

I have heard nothing but bad about replica twin loop mufflers. :listen:
Either go back to stock or find some JDM mufflers from half-cut.

Good luck.
If JDM exhaust from halfcut what type of exhaust do i need to look at and what would the price be bro?

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

He said it's not ori. It's a replica. Meaning it's probably just a loop around the muffler to the exit. Ie- it's a straight flow.

CRV auto with almost no back pressure... bad idea.
So do you recommend to install back my Catcon or get a new bullet in order to get back pressure bro ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So do you recommend to install back my Catcon or get a new bullet in order to get back pressure bro ?
Honestly - I'd ask you to put both back. Catcon cuz it helps the environment and doesn't make your exhaust stink and the stock muffler to get back the back pressure. Bullet doesn't do anything *much* for backpressure. If you look at these bullets, most are just "swirls" which just twists the air. Doesn't slow it down *much* so back pressure is minimal.

If you can't get stock muffler back, then trade in your twin loop for a proper S-flow muffler. If your inlet is 2" then perhaps we can swap. I have a s-flow made by Everco Sunway, their S-flows are baffled type so they give pretty good back pressure without being heavily restrictive.

Automatic gearboxes are heavily dependent on back pressure to change gears. Last time when i was still on auto, I tested using straight flow and the 1st + 2nd gears refused to change up unless I was hitting almost redline 6k rpms. And it was goddamn noisy.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Haha yup bro...same goe to me...It sound so horrible it's like the exhaust piping vibrating when we accelerate...But is there any power loss when decat while having aftermarket muffler bro ?
If it is the cause I will simply get the bullet install on the exhaust system...?
MY FC IS BAD FOR THIS WHOLE WEEK BECAUSE I'VE NEED TO HIT THE PEDAL TO A BIT MORE THE USUAL BECAUSE IT'S HEAVY WITH THIS MUFFLER...:banghead:

i decat my neo just by changing the extractor. the cat con is attached to the stock extractor.. i didn't change the muffler except the muffler tip. then i replace the center box with two center bullet, both with different length.

btw no significant power loss that i can feel.

dinoz_fed

Dec 8, 2008
no back press... the twin loop doesn't giv u back press, auto need back press..

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
It could be due to your installation or the muffler itself was not in working condition. I'm using a replica twin loop muffler on my crv rd1 as well. No such issue of having lower max speed. As the matter in fact, I felt it to be more responsive and powerful after installation. After installation max speed can easily go to 150km/h. After bot, easily up to speed cut and more but yet to remove the speed cut. My current exhaust setup is 2.5" piping all the way with mid bullet ending with twin loop muffler. I'll suggest u bring the muffler to other workshop and test it out. My best bet, the muffler itself could be leaking or there is some leaks in your exhaust system.

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It could be due to your installation or the muffler itself was not in working condition. I'm using a replica twin loop muffler on my crv rd1 as well. No such issue of having lower max speed. As the matter in fact, I felt it to be more responsive and powerful after installation. After installation max speed can easily go to 150km/h. After bot, easily up to speed cut and more but yet to remove the speed cut. My current exhaust setup is 2.5" piping all the way with mid bullet ending with twin loop muffler. I'll suggest u bring the muffler to other workshop and test it out. My best bet, the muffler itself could be leaking or there is some leaks in your exhaust system.
Good to see RD1 owner with this Mugen...How much is the price to do the piping?
and where is the shop you did your piping...
please I'm suffering driving my powerloss RD1:banghead:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Good to see RD1 owner with this Mugen...How much is the price to do the piping?
and where is the shop you did your piping...
please I'm suffering driving my powerloss RD1:banghead:
Where are u at? I bought the twin loop muffler for 4xx new, made out of stainless steel. Did the piping for 3xx including the mid bullet. FYI shortly after I installed the said muffler, noticed a leak near the original mid bullet of the original piping thus I replaced the whole piping. Guess rust already set in for some time and the additional back pressure from the twin loop muffler sprung the affected area a leak. Do check it out.

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Where are u at? I bought the twin loop muffler for 4xx new, made out of stainless steel. Did the piping for 3xx including the mid bullet. FYI shortly after I installed the said muffler, noticed a leak near the original mid bullet of the original piping thus I replaced the whole piping. Guess rust already set in for some time and the additional back pressure from the twin loop muffler sprung the affected area a leak. Do check it out.
Oh I see...My piping is all in clear orange...might say it rust but unoticeable...and I did also install new bullet replace for my old rasonator box and catcon...but remain the original pipes...
If I replace only the exhaust piping how much would it be the price...I'm in Ampang area...Where did you do your piping exhaust bro ?

Really need to do the same setup as your since you have a good feedback...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Oh I see...My piping is all in clear orange...might say it rust but unoticeable...and I did also install new bullet replace for my old rasonator box and catcon...but remain the original pipes...
If I replace only the exhaust piping how much would it be the price...I'm in Ampang area...Where did you do your piping exhaust bro ?

Really need to do the same setup as your since you have a good feedback...
Original piping without mid bullet shouldn't cost much, around 2xx with installation. I did mine in Kch, try post in exhaust modification thread, should get some good workshop recommendation there.

dantei136

Known Member
Feb 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Bro Izso...
Long time no see...
Yes I've resolve the issue twice...
Get rid the Mugen Muffler...

1ST SETUP :
Installed new setup 2.3 front Piping 2 bullets till Muffler FGK FUJITSUBO LEGALIS R
PROS : I've got my Torque back and Top Speed, Sound Crazily Bassy & Best to achieve top speed
CONS : Climbing Hill on Highway quite hard even if you're driving with mid and high rpm while hitting the acceleration a bit more, the engine response is still week..

2nd SETUP
Install a new piping with OEM Spec 2.0inch front till back...with two EXSS WORK EXHAUST RESONATOR and use back OEM Muffler.
PROS : Car is more Torquer and easily achieve top speed, the thing is the EXSS WORK BOX is different with others as it's a custom made based on the owner spec...Usually the more exhaust resonator on a car...the less power it produce...but when it come to the owner of EXSS WORK spec...the more box you install, the more torquer the car behave and the top speed increase and easily achieve.
There's a lot of their customer proved me their experiences...A lot of the use 3 EXSS WORK tabung tengah!!!
ALSO FUEL SAVE...Lots of Myvi easily achieve 400km per tank...and so with other cars...especially me!!! :)

CONS : The Price is a bit premium...but really worth it...now my foot is keep on pressing the accelerator padel...hahaha

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
try check back, maybe exhaust pomen accidently cut any sensors... who knows.. or maybe its about time ur engine go faulty..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey folks... awhile ago, I went to fill up for gas at sum typical Shell station. After filling it up full, the pump attendant for some reason began shaking my car... din't tink too much of it but the next time I fill up gas again I noticed that my fuel gauge KONG alredy. The fuel gauge problems right now consisit of it won't go to F (after refill) unless I drive over potholes or over bumps and it never goes to E... so I have to depend on the mileage to figure out when I need to fill up gas...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience