My SetUp = )

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
shiroitenshi said:
Enthusiast?

You can try the following to work around the VAFC add fuel limit..

Use the aftermarket regulator to pump up the rail pressure, then use VAFC to trim the fuel.

but the fact that you're running B20B injectors should not cause any issues of running lean.. It's kind of strange that you're having to resort to such measures and having your engine still run lean.

Check fuel pump voltage / connections.. maybe some problem there??

My vafc is leaner on the lower 1-4K ranges and scales up after vtec. also running 3 bar on the regulator.

plugs are brownish, which means the mix is roughly right.

hmm okay maybe it's time to get a fpr........but i seriously think the mugen chip is whack akuma........

the af curve goes like this!!! i dont have the sheet currently but i can draw it out....

afratiook1.jpg

the leaning out is around the 2-3k rpm.......and if im not mistaken thomas told me the optimal during higher rpms would be something like around 13.3-13.5 and the maximum my car could go was 13.7-13.8? (i m not sure abt the figures they might be wrong coz i forgot.....but the difference was definitely 0.x something lar)

Its pretty obvious too coz when driving my friend's h22a manual and b16a manual during the normal cruising speeds they're rpm is much lighter and more responsive than my car.....but when drag mine will win.............

Last edited:
i think maybe u feel not so responsive bcoz of the ignition setting. maybe mugen setting retard the ignition at lower rpm.
the best afr is 13-13.5 the dyno sampling start from what rpm? i think its normal if the graph show lean from 2-3k rpm if the dyno start sampling at 2k rpm..

start at 1k if im not mistaken....

akuma: ur 161 whp is a stock internal b16a?

hattech-v said:
maybe u can post ur dyno chart here n we can see how the afr reading.
n i think with the head + 1.8 block setup, ur compression shud be around 11-12 static cr.
u can try to calculate it using the static cr calculator n available on net.

bro, that CR u said is with stock P72 pistons ka ?

So if 2 litre VTEC what's the torque? Tell me larr....heheh.

hattech-v said:
enthusiast, i dun think b16 tb can be oversized till 66mm. max is 63.5/64 if not mistaken. dont measure the outer tb. measure it from inner tb (butterfly size).
all campulley regardless its b16b, b18c r oso stated pr3. n that dosnt meant ur cam is pr3. try double check it again.
the torque is ok i think since torque is much related to the displacement.
1.6 = 14-16lb (140-160nm)
1.8 = 16-18lb (160-180nm)
* estimated.

Enthusiast,
yeap...mostly..only stripped down d enginen did a full rebuild....its like a new engine frm d factory.......only w higher compression...tested w d gauge...my reading is like 18.5-18-19-19.5...duno how 2 calculate static CR tho..as long as d engine is running healthily...heheheheh

Enthusiast said:
hmm okay maybe it's time to get a fpr........but i seriously think the mugen chip is whack akuma........

the af curve goes like this!!! i dont have the sheet currently but i can draw it out....

afratiook1.jpg

the leaning out is around the 2-3k rpm.......and if im not mistaken thomas told me the optimal during higher rpms would be something like around 13.3-13.5 and the maximum my car could go was 13.7-13.8? (i m not sure abt the figures they might be wrong coz i forgot.....but the difference was definitely 0.x something lar)

Its pretty obvious too coz when driving my friend's h22a manual and b16a manual during the normal cruising speeds they're rpm is much lighter and more responsive than my car.....but when drag mine will win.............

how does your vafc look like?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom