HID Brightness Measure In Lumens

in malaysia does any ppl sell 55w ballast.....as normally we only can find 35w ballast..
thanks

Hmm.. not too sure but can the bulb withstand the high wattage? If the Xenons are designed for 35W then I don think it's a good idea. :)

halo 2 all sifu..
i'm driving wira n using crystal front lamp.. if i install HID,the silver reflecter of the lamp can be last long? can it afford the heat of 8k?

halo 2 all sifu..
i'm driving wira n using crystal front lamp.. if i install HID,the silver reflecter of the lamp can be last long? can it afford the heat of 8k?
Hi, read from the beginning of this thread as many sifus, as well as I, have explained the effects of the Kelvin of HIDs. After that, you roughly get the idea.

The gist of it is the Kelvin(K) does not reflect how hot the HIDs are operating at and HIDs generally generate less heat compared to halogens. :)

Hi sifus of HID,

I recently intalled a philips 4350k H.I.D kit mod to H4 base without a glare shield in my MYVI. The light is uneven on the road.

Will installing a glare shield on the bulbs work?
Or can I get a HID Convertion Cover, I've seen it somewhere in the forum abt this but could not find it now

Thx

Hi sifus of HID,

I recently intalled a philips 4350k H.I.D kit mod to H4 base without a glare shield in my MYVI. The light is uneven on the road.

Will installing a glare shield on the bulbs work?
Or can I get a HID Convertion Cover, I've seen it somewhere in the forum abt this but could not find it now

Thx
First determine if it is the missing shield that is causing the problem. The problem might not be the missing shield but the modified base itself. See if the base is even and your bulb correctly positioned. In cases, the bulb might not be usable on a H4 light reflector casing. The lighting point might be off. Off position bulbs usually result in glare and uneven spread of light on the road. It could be the shield or it could be the base. Diagnose this two one at a time.

Wats a Hid conversion cover actually is . Do they change the bulb?
Never never go to Brothers acc shop to install ur HID. IN fact anything tat has to do with wiring.

Currently i using a 6000K hid without glare shield.So i adjust the beam a bit lower.But dunno still can blind opposite driver or not.The hid original come with no glare shield

Glare shield

Guys,

I Seriously need glare shield for my HID d2s converted to H4 ...anyone selling it at a reasonable price?

Thx

bro
try 2 do urself...
i done it 2..
quite easy 2 do..
but take time at begin...

ochuisang
care to give some guide
better if accompanied by step by step pics........
cheers!

Glare shield can b DIY,

IF u follow estima, or benz design, The HID bulbs have a small ring covering the mecury.

If u follow OEM design, The bulbs have a small plate which is covering the bottom of the mecury and bulbs.

If u dun want to DIY, go junk yard look for those cheap cheap headlights which is broken or useless but still have glare shield inside. Take out the glare shield to fix in your car. But make sure the glare shield is suitable for your car.

I have made hundreds of glare shields to my customers. I use aluminium plate to make it.

Just my 2 Cents.

hi
sorry to interupt, but do u guys thing of the news saying that JPJ is goin for all HID lights? Does it means all cars with HID or is it only for those that don't come with it from the factory?
I mean....its not clear mann...

The JPJ always do this kind of stupid stuffs.

If u say HID is illegal, then All new car fitted with HID have to take them off ?

If the HID doesnt make glare or disturb other road user, its still consider illegal ?

If the normal halogen headlights didnt adjust properly, the beam shot up to coconuts tree, its still consider NOT illegal coz its not HID ? I believe the glare is much much worst then HID.

Untill today, the JPJ still never announce the rules n regulation on HID issues. Which means themself also confused.

WAT SAY U ?

i have a fren who is a JPJ enforcer, and he confirms that there is no specific guidelines on this(asked him a few weeks back). He was with JPJ Negri Sembilan and their okey with it, but JPJ Selangor...its a big no-no. Which means, its ok using HID in NS but not okey in Selangor...heheh
Funny...funny

Can we keep JPJ or police ruling out from this thread and stick to the original topics.
I.e. explanation on HID instead of how much or why JPJ is against or why Government impose such rulings and stuffs...
there's already discussion on this in other threads.
Thanks.
For further discussion on that, pls refer to the below threads:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...uld-consider-revising-their-summon-price.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/general-talk/163301-whats-up-with-jpj-these-days.html

thanks for the cooperation.

just put hid n make sure no glare. if like high beam thats normal bkos hid mmg terang ma. just make sure no silau only. ignore the jpj. they all nyanyuk oredi. mkn rasuah byk. hehe. anyway my question is it ballast has life span? so have to change if reach the life span?

Top Bottom