HELP: How to remove Clarion HU

EG656

Apr 1, 2005
Need to know how to remove my Clarion HU (single disc with detachable face) from my car. I want to replace it with another set. Is there a special tool required? Managed only to remove the plastic trim surround but cannot pull out the HU.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
what car are you using?

Normally there's a latch on the left and right side of your HU. U need to insert a metal piece at both side before you can take out the HU.

EG656

Apr 1, 2005
It's an E36 BMW. What size of metal piece to insert? I know how to remove a Pioneer HU with the metal piece provided but cant seem to find a slot on the left/right sides of the Clarion HU. Any suggestions?
cacin said:
what car are you using?

Normally there's a latch on the left and right side of your HU. U need to insert a metal piece at both side before you can take out the HU.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
use some kinda metal hook not bigger than the width of ur headunit... slide it in between the side of ur HU... try pull it out... if cant, use blade to slice off the top part of ur HU.. coz they might use 2way gam to hold ur HU in place...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
eg 656 u wanna sell your head unit ar ?
erm actually very easy larr ..... pull out the HU then detach the wires then okay oledi
the frame i dunno larr
hahahahahahahahahahaha

EG656

Apr 1, 2005
not selling la - transfer to another car. Cant seem to take it out. Want to DIY.

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
do you see any hole if you remove the faceplate?
Maybe you can remove the HU from there.
At the edge of each corner (when the faceplate is removed), there would be a hole where you can insert a (4 actually) pins to pull the HU out. The normal way that I know is once you inserted the pins, pull it outwards (all 4) before pulling the HU out.

Hope this helps.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dudes, I need to know where to buy 3 or 4 point harnesses. I've checked Rosedi Motosports and you have to order and wait 6 weeks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience