Help: Civic 92-95 Power Window Motor replacement

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Hi, I'm new to the Zero-2-Hundred community, and I'm driving a 92-95 civic and hails from Kelantan.

I wonder if anyone can help me with the problem I'm having. I've tried the forum search function, and I couldn't find any threads relating to this problem, maybe I'm using the wrong search terms, and for that I apologize if this is a duplicate thread.

The power window mechanism is a scissors type linkage, and the motor died just recently, and I'm planning to replace it. However, the window is stuck fully closed, and I can't access the bolts to remove the windows, so I can't remove the linkage to replace the motor either. I think there's a manual way to lower the windows so that I can access the mounting bolts, but I can't seem to find it, and the workshop manual I have doesn't help either.

I'm 100 percent sure that it's not a problem with the window's track rails, or the linkage seizing up.

I know that workshops can solve this for me.. but as a DIY person.. I wish to accomplish it myself.

Anyone knows how to manually wind down the windows so I can access the mounting bolts?

Even a general idea will help.. if you have another car using similar linkage for power windows.. maybe you can suggest something.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
- remove door panel...
- remove some bolts holding the window...
- remove the whole window out of the door panel...
- remove some screws that holds the bracket...
- remove the whole bracket out from the door panel...
- change the motor...
- fix back everything the reverse way when u take everything out...

this is the steps to change proton power window motor la... i think its almost the same with ur car.... jz remember main thing, remove any bolts that gets in the way and take off the whole bracket only can change the motor...

more pictoral guide, go to my thread: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=76607&page=8
or can visit khguan diy sifo website:
http://khguan.fotopic.net/c921830.html

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions, and the steps are right and I already removed the door panel, but the problem I'm having is that I can't access the bolts holding the windows to remove the windows. I can only access it when it's down, and the window open. But currently it's stuck on close, and I can only access one bolt out of two.

I'm thinking I'm missing something. There must be a way to remove just the motor (or the gear operating the scissor link) so I can manually wind down the windows and access those bolts holding the windows.

BTW if I'm not wrong, I think proton uses a cable system instead of a sturdy scissor linkage.

Thanks again for the suggestions, anyway.. I was thinking I'd get absolute zero on responses.

The car door is still sitting bare as I ponder the removal of the plastic cover (it's definitely a one use item, so I've to go search for a new one tommorow). I hope I can resolve it by tommorow after removal of the plastic cover. Things might become clearer then.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
nope... proton also uses scissors link... but much weaker version... thats why they snapped or breakdown often... haha...
steps should be correct lar... jz try to get the bolts out.... it should be somewhere inside behind the door panel....

good luck...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Okay.. will try later today.. feel so sleepy right now... ZZZZz..

Thanks for the suggestions dude.. I'll see if it works out..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I guess the power window will be put on hold for a while. Just sent it off for B16A transplant, the fella just called today and went to have a look at the halfcut. All good, so confirmed the purchase and transplant.

I'll probably do a writeup in case anyone else wants to DIY their power windows once it's back in my hands.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anybody can tell me where can i tune my mivec and how much they will charge? thanks ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience