Radiator problem for Honda Civic 95

111rc

May 7, 2006
Hi,

The water level in the radiator keeps on falling everytime I come back from a ride and each time before taking it for a drive I need to fill up the water.
The interesting part is the water level in the spare tank for the radiator keeps going up (as I would always check the water level in the spare tank is at the maximum mark and not topped all the way before taking the car out). Is this due to a problematic water pump?
I have recently (2 months ago) taken the car for a radiator service due to overheating which was caused by a broken/leaking U-hose. The radiator guy even changed the top cover of the radiator during the service.

Please advise...

Thank you,

sky_kids

Known Member
Nov 27, 2003
Penang, KL
i also kena this problem b4
i did a double layer radiator changed(they say), and the termostat changed
problem solved
i duno wether it helps o not
:D

ruff36

Nov 16, 2006
Shah Alam
Is't ur radiator cap was correct?i mean,the pressure bar example 0.9
1.1 or 1.3...i hav this kind of xperience when my mech carelessly fix back
wira cap on my eg radiator after helping me change coolant.What happen?sparetank remain the same
max level while radiator run dried..luckily i notice the temp readin is nearly
peakin up..!

ndselvam

Known Member
May 20, 2006
well another thing is u can check -the hose connecting spare tank to radiator.Open up the spare tank - put a pipe hose in tube , c whether the water goes to radiator or not- my old car the hose sumbat - found this out after spending rm 500 on radiator change - water pump termostat- all other crap...

at last problem solved with less then RM 5

Just a idea - no harm trying

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my civic eg also have such a problem... after i observe so long... i realise this problem is due to blockage of your radiator passage.... when this blocked, the water cant move smoothly and temp increase will cause pressure increase, this will give a high pressure release to the spare tank and the water in the radiator most of it will go to spare tank and this why you see high level in the tank...it will leak out until overheated all the steam release out via the tank.... best solution, wash the radiator

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This immaculate condition Mercedes-Benz 300SL was spotted on my way to the Zurich train station in Switzerland. Usually, it's hard to see cars with their convertible tops down, like this in the open roads in Malaysia, considering classic cars like these are hardly driven and are always garaged by the classic car owners in Malaysia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience