Feedback Needed: Apex'i air filter

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
i'm sure everyone in here know abt this air filter,right/?...so anyone of you got used this air filter before?how was it?izit good or worst?enought flow?cause this filter aren't as big as those K & N or blitx 6"......

what is the retail price for this filter?anyone here can help me out?millions thanks.:)

sample picture of the filter.(borrow from black_Gsr)

saltydogg

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
-dj-
Visit site
i dont know about the performance of this filter.. i also wanted to buy this filter but i bought the k&n one instead coz there was no stock for this filter.

what i do know is.. you should NOT pay more than RM230 for this filter.
Ksp Power is selling this filter + adapter for Rm230

skyline2778

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sban
Mmmmm....... :rolleyes:

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
what i do know is.. you should NOT pay more than RM230 for this filter.
Ksp Power is selling this filter + adapter for Rm230[/QUOTE]

hmm,ok,at least i know what is the market price for this filter.thx a lot man

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
blackie,

i got the K&N u mention,but sadly have to take out n replace a smaller air filter due to the bonnet cannot close properly.now runnin without air filter.

reddice,
u also want to buy this filter(Apex'i)?maybe we can go to hock ming n ask for it.......hehe.

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
huakenny said:
get it from FarinaRacer...he got stock now...very new.....
yup,i got visit his site n saw the filter.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
based on a lot of ppl and my own experience....apexi has a very very very good filteration but there's a lot of restriction also.

don't make ur decision after looking at the site...do more research, if it's the best filter, would u think that it costs 230 only? I doubt it

HKS powerflow, the cheapest i can find without adapter is 280
ApexI Dual Funnel, 230 with adapter
KNN around 300-400 without adapter

KNN is the best filter around, with the best filteration and least restriction it can go

but HKS has the least restriction among them, that's why most of the japanese modders go for HKS powerflow, it has the worst filteration though

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
filteration and restrictions are inversely related. you can't expect a lot of airflow when you want to catch as much dirt as possible from the air.

to sidestep a bit, what about BMC filters?

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
K&N puts oil on their filters though. This way they can probably achieve better filtration while having less restriction.
But personally I have been using Apexi for some time, no regrets. Removed the filter once after more than a year of usage, the inside part remained dust-free.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
in a mag i have the apexi filter was best for NA application... for turbo the blitz filter using metal mesh thingy was best (forgot the name laa)... but this was in terms of power gain... dunno about filteration...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
actually....all branded open-port filter r good enuf to gain power....bout air restriction..it all bout ur car cc...

if ur car cc is high.then u gotta use biger filter...ur car cc small....use small filter lo

las time i use knn 3" in my evo3....the rpm cannot reach 3000..the car wil jerk...not enuf air i guess.....so i use hks filter...oso like tat...so at last i use knn 6"...work perfectly until now

maintenance is important...each brand filter difer maintenace....hks muz change sponge...knn muz wash n re-oil.....my 2 cent

saltydogg

Known Member
Jul 21, 2004
-dj-
Visit site
in my honest opinion, K&n should be the one to buy. think about it.. all they've been doing for the past 20 years is making air filters. they should be pretty damn good at it.

other brands got alot of other products, they dont specialize

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
any1 got used this filter b4?and how many holes does your filter got?what i know there is 4,8 & 10 holes.

does anyone use this type b4?is a 10 holes apex'i filter.same with this kind of filter gasket.

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
My little review on the apexi air filter (power intake).

I tested 2 other air filters other than the apexi.

Simota - Worst one i could think of i guess. Design of the mesh is identical as the K&N, but it doesn't come oiled up for the filtration.

K&N 6 inch neck - Well, not bad? I guess i should leave my words unspoken till i explain on my experience with the apexi power intake.

Apexi Power Intake - More responsive, that little weight on the pedal does more than it does with other air filters. I think it's more to apexi's design that steals response. I tried to compare K&N and Apexi at all around rev (4g92p), response was more comparable at the low and mid revs. high, i'm not too sure, they could be almost the same.

That's my story of experience. I'd like to know if anyone made a comparision the apexi power intake and HKS, performancewise?