Feature Story: Insane 1100hp HKS GTR NOB Time Attack Lap Sepang TIMETOATTACK!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
This is something else. If you didn't already know, during the recent HKS Premium Day themed TIMETOATTACK 2015 Final Round at Sepang Circuit in October last year, we flew in the extremely exclusive HKS GT-1000+ GTR that is rated at over 1100hp, along with legendary driver Nobuteru Taniguchi.

It was the car's first ever appearance this side of the world outside Tokyo and Sydney.
Please enjoy the rest of the story. It'll probably give you goose bumps just like i experienced when I first lay eyes on it as it was crawling out the container, air flown from HKS Tokyo Japan.

Full Story here: http://www.zerotohundred.com/2015/hks-gt1000-gtr-on-board-with-nob-taniguchi-at-sepang-timetoattack/

Dubbed “The World’s Fastest GTR”, the HKS GT1000+ GTR, together with Nobuteru Taniguchi recently made an explosive entry onto TIMETOATTACK stage with a never before seen, blazing laptime of 2:07.193.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5zXi3XQo3JQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="700"></iframe>

HKS’s pièce de résistance R35 GTR has every available HKS part thrown into it. As the name suggest, the GT1000+ produces in excess of 1200hp and this caged Godzilla of Godzillas began life from a 4.1L stroked VR38 featuring reinforced components, matched with not 6 but 12 pieces of 575cc injectors to provide enough race juice for when twin GT1000 turbochargers introduce an atomic surge of boost at full chat.

The GT1000+ GTR won’t go far if not for the work that had gone into transmission engineering. The standard twin clutch box had been reworked with bigger and stronger gearset, ensuring the ‘box’s ability to withstand up to 1400hp.

HKS resident driver, Nobuteru Taniguchi

Exterior and Aero wise, a huge part was contributed by BenSopra, where everything from the front and rear bumpers, diffusers and such were applied.

Read Next: The new Jaguar XE Sports Sedan is launched in Malaysia!

The HKS GT1000+ if you hadn’t already know runs on Advan full slicks and during the attack weekend, it was a classified as a demo contender. The TIMETOATTACK platform allows for Semi Slick tyres only. Even so, the sheer rarity and performance of the HKS GT1000+ GTR has inspired many at the fateful weekend, clocking in at an untouchable lap of 2:07.193!

It is no doubt the lowest lap time figure we’ve seen throughout the years of TIMETOATTACK and is one to be inspired from and perhaps see a worthy contender challenge it in the near future.

TIMETOATTACK Co-Founder Angeline and Nobuteru Taniguchi..

..being awarded bespoke TIMETOATTACK steel plaques

Team HKS Japan & HKS Garage R Singapore

For more on the HKS Premium Day + TIMETOATTACK Final Round 2015 read our event report here:
Greatest event in TIMETOATTACK history – The 2015 Season Finale.
This HKS Premium Day themed TIMETOATTACK Season Finale 2015 was brought to you by:

Read Next: 2015 TIMETOATTACK Round 1 – The Preview!

Do visit www.timetoattack.net for complete result

Full Story here: http://www.zerotohundred.com/2015/hks-gt1000-gtr-on-board-with-nob-taniguchi-at-sepang-timetoattack/

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
This beast still retains its AWD system, right?
Yes it does, although none of the existing gearset or clutch packs were retained in the entire drive train

I have to add that the HKS GT1000 was in a class of its own class during the TIMETOATTACK as it ran on slicks. It was considered a demo run

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes it does, although none of the existing gearset or clutch packs were retained in the entire drive train

I have to add that the HKS GT1000 was in a class of its own class during the TIMETOATTACK as it ran on slicks. It was considered a demo run

Yup I noticed that tire difference. If it uses semi slick then the lap times would increase a couple of seconds but since this is their first visit, it's probably the setup not yet optimized like all the regular Sepang time attackers so there's still some seconds in the bag from this monster.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Yup I noticed that tire difference. If it uses semi slick then the lap times would increase a couple of seconds but since this is their first visit, it's probably the setup not yet optimized like all the regular Sepang time attackers so there's still some seconds in the bag from this monster.
I remember Nob said if the track is in better condition then, he could have gotten into the 2 minute and 5 seconds range

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder how fast the ST Evo IX can go if using full slick tires also and how much power does it make actually.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It rained, he didn't get much practice runs and that car was insanely setup for the earlier race so it wasn't really ideal apparently.

But hella fast nonetheless

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Izso is right, with more time, the GT1000+ would definitely do better. Nevertheless Nob and HKS were fortunate to have a clear lap before it poured during its final and fastest outing

Kendiriwan:
NOB went out with new slicks during his attack runs which generally means 1 outlap 1 hotlap or 2 max and an in lap. Effectively 2 hotlaps per session. That's why the tyres seem relatively new

That's how time attack runs are done with pro teams. 1 or 2 hotlaps and back to the pits.

The reason being, tyre and engine performance is at its optimum after the outlap.

By hook or by crook, a discerning driver needs to initiate his hotlap after his outlap. Any more hotlaps will only see times deteriorating which equates to wastage of fuel, tyre performance and engine health.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i willing to pay more to get other car than Plotong loh...wei...becareful loh..we cannot said bad about the Plotong loh..or else later kena case like the "Negaruku" loh..later kena sue cos no loyalty to Malaysia just bcos we dun wanna buy Plotong pula...kekekeke:D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience