• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
mynnDAWG said:
a quick question...

other than front hood & bumper (front & rear), externally, those are the only things need to be changed to fit in 8/MR/9 parts right???
beside (front/rear)hood,bumper,lamp.

fender,door all same design.yeah the roof not same also

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
cyilaw said:
if u from E7 to E8 & MR, the rear bumper i think is same? to E9 of course rear bumper need to change.
dunn0 how to differetiate but some of the us e8 came with e7 bumper but jdm all difference bumper.e8 bumper l00k more roundish compare to e7 squarish look.but e9 bumper is the nicest

roof material n0t the same,and got slightly difference at the side u can see

rear bonnet is same,i think so.ask desmond@notiguy

he was evo 789 expert:_:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yeah, de E7, E8, MR n E9 rear bumper r all different!!! If u guys can refer to pics, its easier to explain!!! :_:

As for de roof, MR n E9 r fitting with aluminium roof top!!! If u look carefully on de MR n E9 (for those tht donot come with sunroof) there r 2 special ribs on top!!! Improve aero...

Oso front bonnet for E7 is different from E8, MR n E9, but de latter 3 share de same design!!!

Oso as all wil know, de spoiler/wing r all different!!!

mynnDAWG,

Well come u on board fren!!!! :_: Hope u stay with us n post up often here!!!

Cheers!!!

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
hey thanx guys!....for the infos...

hmmm something new bout the MR/9 roof..never noticed but the ribs...all this while thought its just the voltex thats improving the dowforce!

anyway..im an active member in HCOC/Honda forum...am in the process to swicth from Vtec to Ttec hehe...

mynnDAWG

2,000 RPM
Jul 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.worlddj.com
eh btw...Stormvolution...ur staying in Puchong area ah?

u own a yellow storm & evo9 with gialla bumper???

my fren driving an R3 is staying in that area liao!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
mynnDAWG,

Yo fren, i guess ur fren got de wrong person le... :_: V hv few members staying in Puchong!!! But de 2 u mentioned is not me le... Its our other members!!! As for me, am on a Ferrari Red StormEvo :shades_smile: Hahaha...

Lotsa monsters now in Puchong!!! Dun pray pray!!! Hahaha...

For me, my best road for Puchong is de 'S' corners from Kesas cutting into Puchong n all de way to de big right hand turn (fly over) into de Puchong main road jus right in front of this IOI mall!!! If de road is clear (especially at nite time ard 12am onwards) I luv to challenge tht road!!! Shoik!!! Mayb u n ur fren shld know this n can try it!!! But gotto b careful as its very tricky 'S' turns plus a sharp right hand... Provided u take de right 'racing line', u can b very smooth into those corners... Hahaha... But always remember - Safety 1st ya!!! :_:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Kym_Evo7

May 1, 2006
mynnDAWG, since u gonna switch from Vtec to Ttec, y ask question abt Evo??
anyway i got one more thing to bring it up the others has left out....
if i'm not wrong i rmb Evo 9 bonnet and boot is made of carbon or fibre compare to Evo 7 alum and the spoiler wise Evo 7 is adjustable and MR and Evo 9 can't and the spoiler for Evo 7 need the 3 holes for the nuts but MR and Evo 9 only 2 nut holes on the boot....
MR and Evo 9 spoiler is carbon wan and the boot dun haf the long EVOLUTION wording therefore the boot look plain....
The headlamp for Evo 7 is chrome base MR and Evo 9 is malt black base but colour between the 2 got slight different and Evo 9 come wif angel light, as for the rear lamp Evo 7 has the red cover and MR and Evo 9 is using clear cover and MR is chrome base and Evo 9 is malt black base...
Lastly not forgeting the Stock Sport Rim all different design...
and got Evo 9 they come out with jackie chan and ralliart spec, since u nv ask i will not waste my time explaining it to u although i had waste my time staring at them haha....
just my 2 cents worth of observance haha i spent 20 hrs staring at this 3 cars last nite in order to voice my conclusion haha....

Last edited:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Kym_Evo7,

Hey fren, jus some correction ya... MR is on mat black base whereas de E9 is chrome base for de front light!!!

And i dun think de E9 bonnet n boot is made of fibre... Its stil alu...

p/s: Can anyone pls define Ttec?!! Thx!!! :_:

Kym_Evo7

May 1, 2006
thank for the correction haha this prove that u r more observance than me haha...
as for the bonnet and boot maybe different spec loh coz i rmb ralliart version which i seen in C&C singapore is fibre wan....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
mynnDAWG,

Oh.. i c... So when r u getting ur Evo huh?!! :_: Actually v hv lotsa members oso like u, previously was kinda very KENG in their Type-R days... But now oso switch to Evos liao... JUs tht something different... Once u get ur car, u r very welcome to join us for TT ya!!! :_:

Kym_Evo7,

Mmm... Ralliart spec E9 with fibre bonnet n boot?!! Wil check n confirm, ok? :regular_smile:

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
Kym_Evo7,

the MR rear right is malt black and evo 9 is chrome black. all come with clear cover. Dun think evo 9 got angle light. S9, ur E9 is angle light?

the E9 and MR back spoiler also different. MR is horizontal and vertical is make by carbon fiber (got 4 screw). Evo 9 horizontal is hollow carbon fiber, vertical is ABS with reinforce (no screw). i refer this from evo 9 n MR workshop manual.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Angle light? U means its like de BMW angle eyes??? Huh?!! Where can i fit those??? I wanna it for my E9 oso... Mmm... Must b very nice on my Evo!!! :_: Haha... Go 'kau lui' sure no problem liao...

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
hahah...i also not sure what he means in angel light. may be is refer to those BMW style gua...
ya...if got i think very nice if fit in evo....hehehe...aiyo..u married man, dun 'zhang sek' with single n available man like me..wakakak.....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
LoLzzzzzzzzzzz.... But sometimes must come out to release pressure a bit la.... :_: Somemore can update myself abt de outside world ma... Gotto know what n how de gals think in nowadays open world le... Hehehe... I oso married but stil available la... :shades_smile:

As for de BMW Angle eyes style front light, i think it wil b pretty hard to do it on CT9A Evos... Its gonna b 3 circles??? Hahaha...

LanEvo

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
Anyone have successfully converted thier E7 rear bumper to e9?

I'd like to find out whether can i just buy the bumper itself for the conversion or you need to buy the bracket, nuts and everything?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifus,

My car bonnet was slightly dented from fallen object while parked under a tree :banghead:

I would like to know if there is any shop in KL or Ampang that can repair it without having to re-paint?

Thanks a lot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience