Engine turn off

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
Hi Sifus,

Just wanted to know why my car engine turn off (stall) by itself when cruising at the normal speed (mostly second gear...). It happens once in a while. I'm using a 4G63T (EII) with a stock bypass valve. No other mods at the moment.

Please advise. Thank you very much. :(

limau

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
check your air flow sensor...i guess...correct me if i'm wrong.

Defi

Jan 18, 2004
check your wiring and do diagnostics. :)

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I suspect wiring also. I had the problem with my old volvo before, it was due to loose wiring near the ignition switch.

cypress8

1,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2004
Visit site
All sifus,

Thanks for the advise. Will try to check the items that you guys mentioned. Between, what to check for the air flow sensor? I'm sorry lar bro, still new to this turbo cars thingy.

I found that it only happen when I switch on the air cond. Does it mean that there's something to do with the air cond timing? Before switch on the air cond, the RPM is around 1000 and after switch on the air cond, it drops to 900++ (is that normal?).

regards.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
ohh, the air cond timing problem is very common for 4g63, there is supposed to be a wire connected to re-adjust the timing for the aircond, perhaps that wire wasn't connected properly.

limau

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2004
to check the air flow sensor,the simplest thing to do is to find another proven good airflow sensor(From your friend car or else) and swap it with yours.then try driving with it. if still problem check your ISC.

correct me if i'm wrong :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A rather dismal images of what seems to be the shop floor of a spark plug manufacturing operation in China.

To be clear, there is very little in the way of information to color what we’re seeing in these images, but the overall picture is one of rather scary working conditions. Cramped workbenches, metal shavings in every corner of the room, as well as what looks like up close and personal handling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience